The Question Thread

i dont think multi attacks and extra attacks work the way you calculated it. i agree with the x3 from 4multi atk, but the 4 extra attack should just up it from x3 to x5, making it 450x5 = 2250%

ive been wondering too how timewarp works with projectiles, but barrage tests shows that it needed to pass thru timewarp outer shell to make it work. but with a non moving orb, you cant get it to pass thru the timewarp shell. not sure how it interacts with orb. i got to make some orb tests with timewarp someday.

either way, your numbers arent really far off from my own calculations, minus the timewarp factor. and yeah, the hit frequency is like clogon say

Each Multi gives MH primary skills a 100% chance to do 1 more damage instance at 50% damage while each Extra gives them 50% chance to do 1 more damage instance at 100% damage. If you are lucky (1/16), then +4 Exta will give you 4 more damage instances (+400% DMG). If you have +4 Multi and +4 Extra, you can get up to +600% DMG (if you are lucky).

1 Like

Oh well. The fact that discordance orb is really powerful on wizard is pretty cool enough though and can be done in a way that slow projectile wonā€™t hurt too much.
I do plan to use discordance orb reactor but with chakrams 300% mh dmg because thereā€™s also mutilate 20. Cooldown is 2 secs but I can reduce Cd and combine with permastealth. It can deal more dmg than the wizard orb reactor build but with more affixes used up. Since arcanist came out, it could be even better.

I do have one more question though. Does APS multiply the whole dps? I do think so because it is shown in dps formula. Say if richochet had 5 aps, I think dps would be multiplied by 5 aps default so 1 bullet deals 5Ɨ more dmg than without aps multiplication. With discordance, I think the special skill with that cooldown gets such aps dmg increase.

For special skills such as meteor or other medium to high cooldown skills, would they get effected by aps multiplication? On stat page, meteor has 0.3 APS. Does that mean the dps is reduced by Ɨ0.3? Not exactly sure. I know that attack speed increases aps but only if you have low cooldowns.

so, depending on how extras work it could be 2 things,
a. dependent extra attacks - the 2nd extra attack can only trigger if the 1st one triggered, and so on.
default atk + 4 extra + 4 multi would mean 100% + (50%x100%)^4 + (50%x100%)^3 (50%x100%)^2 (50%x100%)^1 + (100%x50%)*4 = 393.75%?

b. independent extra attacks - the 4 extra attacks have their own chances set at 50% and does not depend on the triggering of another extra attack
default atk + 4 extra + 4 multi would mean 100% + (50%x100%)*4 + (100%x50%)*4 = 500%?

does discordance make the special skill atk speed based and primary skill cooldown based?
for example discordance and blast/orb weapon.
blast = 1.5 aps = 2/3 sec cooldown; atkspeed based
orb = 1aps = 1s cooldown; cooldown based

after discordance:
blast = 1 aps = 1 sec cooldown; cooldown based
orb = 1.5aps = 2/3 s cooldown; atkspeed based

or

blast = 1 aps = 1 sec cooldown; atkspeed based
orb = 1.5aps = 2/3 s cooldown; cooldown based

As stated in the dictionary, APS = Attacks per second =/= DMG. If you increase the number of attacks per second, then you will obviously increase the DPS.

APS always affects DPS however with high CD, assuming you are ONLY casting that spell over and over again, the effect is non existant as the CD>Animation time. If we take Blinkstrike for example, it has an APS of 1.5s (assuming 0s CD and 0 APS increases) however since CD>0.67s, increasing APS means nothing when it comes to spamming Blinkstrike (you still have to wait for the CD to reuse Blinkstrike) but you can do a different follow up attack faster. IE: Blinkstrike->Quickattack with 0 APS increases will take 0.67s; but if you had 100% APS increase, it would only take 0.33s.

The Dictionary tells you that it is dependent. And please specify that these numbers are for DPS calculations as many people might not understand what you are calculating. The burst damage from +4 Extra and +4 Multi is +600% more DMG (if you are lucky 1/16).

APS and CD are different mechanics. Sadly, the APS you see on the stats page assumes you are spamming the same skill over and over. It also fails to properly calculate Chakramā€™s APS as the weapon is very very special.

All skills have both a default APS and a CD. Discordance, as stated in the Dictionary only affects CD, Cost, DMG, Extra and Multi. APS is not affected. (I am pretty sure the Devā€™s put an internal unreducible 0.5s CD for Discordance Specials but will have to double check)

Example:

Orb has an APS of 1.5 and a 1s CD. Because of this, if you try to spam Orb over and over, you will only cast 1 Orb per second.

Ricochet has an APS of 5 and 0s CD. Therefore, if you try to spam Ricochet, you will cast 5 Ricochet per second.

Discordance as seen in the Dictionary will swap their CD and not affect the APS. So you can cast 1.5 Orb per second and 1 Ricochet per second. With or without this Mythic, casting Orb then Ricochet or vice versa will always take 0.87s with no APS increases.

1 Like

from what you are saying, aps seems to be the animation time. like if something sets the cooldown of all skill to 0
the only thing that stops you from doing 1000 skill casts per second is the animation time, a.k.a APS.

ive been trying to figure out the animation of skills im interested in by pressing the skill while walking, the amount of pause time would tell me the animation time. As far as skill goes, Mana shield seems to have 0s animation time, which equates to an APS of infinity.
the 1.5s APS is probably the case for all wiz mh specials, and 0s cooldown is the case for all wiz mh primary, which leads me to believe that for discordance, + AS increase will help, and cd reduce wont help. also, since you mentioned a 0.5s cd cap then 33.3333% AS increase should set animation time to 0.5s.

edit: is desperation affected if map has regen nerf?

All skills have animation time. No computer can do infinite calculations/sec. Some skills take effect at the start of the animation instead of the end like teleport, manashield and etc.

Wiz are also blessed with the fastest weapons in the game. Almost everyone of them increases APSā€¦ :frowning: On the flip side, Rogue weapons give no APS increases except the Bow while Warā€™s Hammer has the highest DMG in game and gives a huge +30% APS increase.

@steigerbox: So unfair. >.< Warriors and Wiz make better ninjas than Roguesā€¦ I want Chakrams to increase my APS by at lease 30% too! And Daggers to increase it by 40% with Vials giving 60% (these are not random numbers. They match the APS increases from the other classes weapons)! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

if i have 100% barbarian and 100% push limit in energy mythic(i know i cant cast skill w/ them both at 100%).

what if i use desperatiom mythic (lets say i had atleast 4k regen) will i be able to cast skill?

Nope. u cant cast anyā€¦

1 Like

how do we view the aps increase of weapons and the aps of specials? the aps written on mh weapon is the primary?

You can find aps increases of weapons on the wikia.

There is no list for aps of CD skills. Iā€™ll have to make one sometime.

Newb Question - How to upgrade Set Affix from (1) to (5)?

@Lynx u ned +2all set afix x2 can be obtain from nadjori ring/amulet or applyng elexir myth on socketed amulet/ring

1 Like

Another Newb Q. How to max my Affixes?

@Lynx for epic affixes u need to max quality of gear to 25% by applyinhg emerald and max its lvl 100 aplying peridot den use flourite on epic affixes (1-4 use should max the affix u use)

about legend and crystal affix though (max quality and max lvl help u attain higher % affix) use diamond to reroll der %

1 Like

@roykiyoy Thanks man! Oh and another Q, can I obtain ā€œDEFIANTā€ using Amethyst?

No. Itā€™s only obtainable on certain items that can be found in the codex.

@Skaul Thanks bro!

Curious, does anyone know when the Cyclone mythic will be fixed in PvE? Iā€™m not pulling in enemies with it equipped and Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m getting the dmg boost from it

Hi people! :smile:
Question please. Iā€™ve just read the description of Eternalized and Nadroji. They are worded similarly! Does this mean, itā€™s better to equip Eternalized than Nadroji?
Eternalized says ā€˜drops Eternal Legendsā€™, Nadroji says ā€˜drops rare Legendsā€™.

Thank you in advance! :grin: