[1.8 Build] Putrefactive Pellet build for Rogues

Update (somehow I feel obliged to see this through to the very end)

I changed some parts of the original plan and decided to take the Glasscannon/Dodge/Stealth/Sanctuary path… and it’s awesome! No billions to be seen but things die as fast as I want them to.

80% complete. Will update this thread when I get my hands on some obsidians… believe it or not I never got a single freaking Obsidian since eons ago! But I managed to get my hands on some rubies, so I guess I got the blessing of RNGesus, even if not as much.

I may also include a video once the build is completed but this build is very simple and straightforward that any person with decent amounts of imagination can visualize what happens :laughing:

1 Like

Your updated build is nice. I like the choice of Stealth Glasscannon. :stuck_out_tongue:

It does not seem like you updated your pics but:

1. you cannot get legendary weapon dmg on guns (its not very effective on guns anyways so not much is lost since guns have low base DMG). Look at legendex.
  2. you cannot get legendary ED% on head or ring. Look at legendex.
  3. you do not need the +20 viel
  4. you have Ascendant (lovely choice) so switch to Arcane weapon and remove ignore resist. The dps decrease is negligible (at most ~30% less DPS against a monster that resists all element but these are near impossible to find).
  5. I do not know how far into the build you are but mythics will help you out a lot.
  6. No Trickster + Mirror image proc? Yes guns get decreased proc chances but you are still uzing Vault and Stealth even buccanneer at times no?
  7. With the high hits/s and Deadly Arts, you might not need the CD reduction affix.
  8. a single +2Extra attack chance is still worth it (increases your hits/s by 0.75 AVG).
  9. If you replace the +20 Veil for +20 Mirage, you will be able to get 99.5 hits/s AVG from your multi, eac and illusions not including bounces, elemental crits, explosions, and the other fun stuff. XD

This is my ideal play plan at the moment:

I will incorporate some more mythics when resources allow, as suggested. Skilled affix seems like an excellent mythic to add!

Ever since I incorporated ricochet, glasscannon and shock damage to this build the DPS became thrice as much:

Since it was discussed before that avoidance is better than mitigation for rogues, and since my rogue was beyond the point that she gets OHKO by epics, then the play plan has been changed drastically in favor of DPS, dodge and revival.

I also did not proceed with Arcane and just stuck with Shock and High Voltage instead… malums are still the Achilles’s heel of this build but not as tedious as before due to glasscannon and ricochet affixes.

Not playing that much Rogue but ain’t 26k HP a bit glasscanonned especially past 500? :dieter:

That is indeed the case, 26k HP is as soft as wet tissues that any source of damage can kill it :laughing:

That’s why Stunlocking, dodge, stealth (to some extent) and revival are the key to her survival in the big bad dungeons

In my opinion it is too high. If you are getting hit as a rogue, you are playing the wrong class…

You can see from MrMaru’s guides, he only has about 11k HP:
m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SiLpLMb2Yv0

My original build had 100% Glasscannon and survived EP8 500+ just fine. I was poor so it took me 10~20 min to clear the map. I had super low DPS. But survival was never an issue.

My current build only has 6k hp as it is a farming build. Sadly bugs and nerfs cases me to die to aoe effects a lot XD.

As long as, the OP has enough HP to cast Stealth and attack, he should be fine. He will need to change a few things once 1.9.0 arrives but survivability should not be an issue as long as he has stealth up when he is about to get hit. XD

That’s true. I believe my rogue’s HP will nosedive further as soon as I replace the 100% HP and Vampiric Touch affixes :laughing:

Stealth in this build is more like a Panic Button but not a primary survival mechanism. Stagger is a very lovely Talent for crowd control (stunlocking, in general, since I will replace it with Rebound as soon as I get Electrified affix to sub it). Stealth gets to shine when there are:
-Shooters
-Malums
-Malums
-…did I forget to mention Malums?

Mind posting your current gears and a screen shot of tge damage youre dealing?

I will post my 80% done gear in a few minutes… just added mythic to chestpiece

In my opinion it is too high. If you are getting hit as a rogue, you are playing the wrong class…

You can see from MrMaru’s guides, he only has about 11k HP:
m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=SiLpLMb2Yv0

My original build had 100% Glasscannon and survived EP8 500+ just fine. I was poor so it took me 10~20 min to clear the map. I had super low DPS. But survival was never an issue.

My current build only has 6k hp as it is a farming build. Sadly bugs and nerfs cases me to die to aoe effects a lot XD.

As long as, the OP has enough HP to cast Stealth and attack, he should be fine. He will need to change a few things once 1.9.0 arrives but survivability should not be an issue as long as he has stealth up when he is about to get hit. XD[/quote]

But what’s the max floor you can go with a glasscanon build & 6khp? floor 200? I doubt you can handle floor 500+ with it tbh, otherwise my bad :dieter:
Also talking in a 1.9 optic : Permastealth won’t be possible in pvp, just sayin, so yeah he can do 2 builds, but if he wants a polyvalent build which can be used in pve and pvp, I doubt it’s viable, but that may not be the topic here, just overextending :dieter:

Here’s the gear stuff as requested, play plan can be found in the previous page… now that I looked again maybe it’s actually 66.6% done (11 of 36 affixes to improve, plus one talent)

Damage: (it is a challenging task to do since everything Epic and below dies in less than two seconds :laughing:)

I have these numbers normally off but the damage ranges from 10-320M per bullet, explosive activation included. And that 5% explosive happens at a crazy rate.

I believe MrMaru’s principle on those builds follow the same as mine, with the major difference of my build’s lack of need of permastealth… HP leech, manual evasion (and permastealth in MrMaru’s case) ensures certain survivability. Indeed any kind of damage can kill these characters but if mobs can’t even move or hit, they can’t dent the HP bar.

My rogue is at floor 740 and still breezing through floors like they are 200- ones. The real problem I run to often are uncontrollable phenomena (Skyfall, Malums, Malums, Skyfall, and Malums) and even these just require a little bit more of concentration than usual to settle.

Rogues are fun :smiley:

Not sure about MrMaru’s, but this build depends more on permastun than permastealth… If permastun gets severely crippled in pvp then my rogue is doomed :smiley:

Or I’ll scavenge some parts of this build and craft some PvP-specific spares.

But what’s the max floor you can go with a glasscanon build & 6khp? floor 200? I doubt you can handle floor 500+ with it tbh, otherwise my bad :dieter:
Also talking in a 1.9 optic : Permastealth won’t be possible in pvp, just sayin, so yeah he can do 2 builds, but if he wants a polyvalent build which can be used in pve and pvp, I doubt it’s viable, but that may not be the topic here, just overextending :dieter:[/quote]

I think you missed stuff from my post. My original glasscannon build was immortal, plain and simple. Absolutely nothing could kill me in PVE. I am not going into the specifics of the build because it is abdolutely gamebreaking. The best part? It was very cheap to make. The only reason why I had Glasscannon was because that was what my single Ruby gave me. XD

PVP and PVE are 2 different beasts. But you can get perma stealth in both. I am gonna avoid talking more about PVP. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Ocenyx:
Naw man. MrMaru’s build did not rely 100% on permastealth for survivability. It killed monsters before they could even attack. Permastealth is a very good added bonus.

When you put it that way, that is indeed true :smiley:

Not sure about PvP though, as I am just a normal player. I guess we’ll see what happens to our characters when the 1.9 rolls

I hate Malums and Furies because they are invincible til you get close to them. :frowning:

I hate Malums and Furies because they are invincible til you get close to them. :frowning:[/quote]

Of the two, I actually hate Malums more. They can’t be stunned and frozen which in turn allows them to skip Frostbiting and High Voltage (major damage drop esp. against epic malums) , they can shotgun, and they have a tenderizing effect.

This is the major flaw of Freezing and Paralyzing (Stun), which makes DoT elem crits, and maybe orbit too, more consistent with their effects.

Also talking in a 1.9 optic : Permastealth won’t be possible in pvp, just sayin, so yeah he can do 2 builds, but if he wants a polyvalent build which can be used in pve and pvp, I doubt it’s viable, but that may not be the topic here, just overextending :dieter:[/quote]

I think you missed stuff from my post. My original glasscannon build was immortal, plain and simple. Absolutely nothing could kill me in PVE. I am not going into the specifics of the build because it is abdolutely gamebreaking. The best part? It was very cheap to make. The only reason why I had Glasscannon was because that was what my single Ruby gave me. XD

PVP and PVE are 2 different beasts. But you can get perma stealth in both. I am gonna avoid talking more about PVP. :stuck_out_tongue:

@Ocenyx:
Naw man. MrMaru’s build did not rely 100% on permastealth for survivability. It killed monsters before they could even attack. Permastealth is a very good added bonus.[/quote]

You should type bigger, sometimes I’m reading fast and missing some words :mrgreen:
That’s why I avoid rogue’s topics, i’m not used to them, god bless you clogon :dieter:

Gonna make a Glasscanon guide soon. I like that playstyle very much, managed to push Floor 600+ with only Eternal Items used (2? months ago).

Finally got an Elixer MS by sacrificing two Zeniths, each old and new. It is really a very heavy transaction.
Same goes with acquiring my very first Obsidian, it is a very heavy transaction too. Lost a ruby, an amethyst and two garnets. Got +attack speed affix from it.

Garneted some of the pieces with Haste MS, replaced with Flight MS. Carrot’s movespeed went from 0 to max and I think it’s worth the expenses.

Anyhow, bottomline is maybe I will declare the build as finished when I get two of my gear with Deadly Arts, Deadly Strike and Momentum. Play vid will wait until then.

Rogues are fun.

Fully converted the first post into a Guide format :smiley:

I am glad you have adopted this philosophy!