A lot of questions

Hello people! I’ve started playing DQ some time ago… Now i got a lot of questions. I know I should not post a new topic but “search” is so weird that I cannot find the answers to the questions I got. First of all i will start with myself. I am playing wizzard. Currently level 99, Hero level 65. My build allows me to grind mythic3 with no problems. currently i am on map 260

1. bug - about 1 of 10 level the Cartographer is almost invulnerable. Main dmg skills are not dealing any dmg to him. Saying “main dmg skills” I mean orb/meteor/twister/storm/skullshield/skulldraga. none of them deal any dmg. He’s also not being targeted as a common target. There’s no way to see his monster affixes. So the only way to kill him is to use blast/comet/pierce/barrage. Takes a lot of time

2. bug or dmg - noone is able to “1-shot me” except of these “bugged cartographers” is it really high dmg or still bugged monster?

3. bug - I’ve met some epic monsters with such a high HP regen that i cannot “finish” them. I can easily get them to “nearly dead condition” but cannot finish them off because they start to regenerate health so quickly… tried to change my build to “glasscannon” and even then cannot kill those regenerating monsters… I believe that is a bug as well because I find no problems to deal 95%-99% of their health. I am not sure but think this is happening only to Enslavers.
    would be nice to see some comments about these three things.

Now i would like to ask some Q

1. Is difficulty increasing with the level number. I mean are those monsters becoming acually stronger? or it is just increasing “map number”? At the moment i cannot see any difference between map200 and map260 at all.
  2. Pretty much the same with loot. Is it worth of trying to get any higher then map200?
  3. Is it possible to “loot” an Eternal or Crystal Legendary? At the moment all i got is from feats, which is 3 Eternal and 3 Crystal items.
  4. The Legendex says it is possible to find Legendary Pets past floor 20. Never found any. Is that chance that low?
  5. Kill Enslavers Feats should grant a Random Legendary pet. I’ve done it twice but got an Epic pet as a reward. Is it bug as well?
  6. How people get multimillins and billions in dps rankings? max I had was 1.6m which was just a “set of dps legendaries” absolytely un-playable… My main dmg skill (orb) is maxed, weapon quality (+25%) is maxed. In the STATS tab i have 900k dps. Which is still enough to grind but… how do athers get those multimillions?
  7. Is the Crystal Rarity drop chance depending on maplvl?

Would like to see your comments and hopefully some answers
Many Thanks, IDDQD.

[quote=“IDDQD”]Hello people! I’ve started playing DQ some time ago… Now i got a lot of questions. I know I should not post a new topic but “search” is so weird that I cannot find the answers to the questions I got. First of all i will start with myself. I am playing wizzard. Currently level 99, Hero level 65. My build allows me to grind mythic3 with no problems. currently i am on map 260

1. bug - about 1 of 10 level the Cartographer is almost invulnerable. Main dmg skills are not dealing any dmg to him. Saying “main dmg skills” I mean orb/meteor/twister/storm/skullshield/skulldraga. none of them deal any dmg. He’s also not being targeted as a common target. There’s no way to see his monster affixes. So the only way to kill him is to use blast/comet/pierce/barrage. Takes a lot of time [/quote]

This is known as the “frozen cartagrapher”. In this situation, the cartagrapher doesn’t move and doesn’t attack, it’s just frozen. Others have reported being able to use “special” skills like you mentioned to kill it. I’ve never had any luck, but I’m a warrior, using spell sword, so I have comet as main and meteor as special.

I suspect you’re getting hit with explosives. If the floor has 2 or 3 red patches on it, those are explosives that are set to go off. Those can very easily kill a lot of characters in one-shot. However, the frozen cartagraphers shouldn’t be attacking at all, but they will sometimes have an epic+ with them, and they can also do explosives.

[quote]
3) bug - I’ve met some epic monsters with such a high HP regen that i cannot “finish” them. I can easily get them to “nearly dead condition” but cannot finish them off because they start to regenerate health so quickly… tried to change my build to “glasscannon” and even then cannot kill those regenerating monsters… I believe that is a bug as well because I find no problems to deal 95%-99% of their health. I am not sure but think this is happening only to Enslavers.[/quote]

Are they gaining HPs at that point, like up to 25% or so? When this happens, look at the affixes (they are located just below the health bar for the enemy). What affixes does it have when you run into this issue?

Yes, not only do the enemies become stronger, but obviously the map affixes come into play as well.

[quote]
2) Pretty much the same with loot. Is it worth of trying to get any higher then map200? [/quote]

Yes, the loot at higher levels will have higher iLVLs. I forget the formula, but I believe at level 340-360, you should get everything as iLVL 100.

Yes, the eternals and crystal legends have a chance to drop as well. They are supposed to be rare, so obviously, they aren’t easy to find. Luck and Item Drop will help increase your chances. Note that luck is capped at 650%, and you already get 350% by playing mythic level 3.

Yes. I’ve found 2 and have probably played 600-700 levels

Are you sure you’ve completed that feat? I am only at 102/200. That is a HARD feat to complete because enslavers are not on every floor.

[quote]6) How people get multimillins and billions in dps rankings? max I had was 1.6m which was just a “set of dps legendaries” absolytely un-playable… My main dmg skill (orb) is maxed, weapon quality (+25%) is maxed. In the STATS tab i have 900k dps. Which is still enough to grind but… how do athers get those multimillions? [/quote] hacking and cheating.

I believe the rarity drop is ONLY influenced by the luck%. The qty is only influenced by “item drops”. However, having said that, map level 1 has many fewer enemies and destructables than say level 100, so the amount of item drops is also influenced by the number of “chances” that an item has to drop. I hope that makes sense.

So far I’ve seen Frozen one only once. i was unable to deal any dmg at all. so i had to buy the map from the merchant to restart the level.
but the question was about “non-targetable” Cart-s They are acting like any normal ones except of their immunity to maindmg skills.

[quote=“snowman”]I suspect you’re getting hit with explosives. If the floor has 2 or 3 red patches on it, those are explosives that are set to go off. Those can very easily kill a lot of characters in one-shot. However, the frozen cartagraphers shouldn’t be attacking at all, but they will sometimes have an epic+ with them, and they can also do explosives.[/quote] Nope, I am always aware of those bombs. and even in case if all 3 hit me i am not dying. The problem exists only with those bugged Cart-s

You are right… The last one was regenerating upto about 25%
he had Extra Health, Extra Damage, Extra Fast and Gracious. Could not finish him no matter how hard i try

[quote=“snowman”]Yes, the eternals and crystal legends have a chance to drop as well. They are supposed to be rare, so obviously, they aren’t easy to find. Luck and Item Drop will help increase your chances. Note that luck is capped at 650%, and you already get 350% by playing mythic level 3.[/quote] I do not stack luck% on my items, so atm grinding with base 350%. So far i’ve found 321 Leg-ry. No crystal/No eternal so the chance of finding those is at least 300 times smaller? I know this is rough math but…

[quote=“snowman”]Are you sure you’ve completed that feat? I am only at 102/200. That is a HARD feat to complete because enslavers are not on every floor.[/quote] I’ve done it twice. i’m sure. I was doing it on a purpose with Teleporting Wizard… it’s quite easy but takes a lot of time. You mentioned you’ve played 600-700 levels… I am not sure about the exaxt number but i’ve done a lot more

Many Thanks for your answers

I’ve never run into a cart that wasn’t frozen that wouldn’t take MH damage. I’ve seen others talk about it, so I wonder if there aren’t two different issues. Frozen — cart doesn’t move or attack, but also can’t be attacked, and whatever you are seeing where MH fails but specials work and cart still attacks and moves.

There is a mythic called Sanctuary that “automatically recover 25% HP when you suffer a hit that would kill you. This effect may occur once every 30 seconds”. That is a mythic for “us”, but I wonder if perhaps the enemy can have it too. It sure sounds like what you’re experiencing.

You mentioned finding 321 legend items… is that since the 1.8 upgrade? 1.8 introduced eternals. As a point of reference, since the update to 1.8, I’ve played well over 10 hours and got my FIRST eternal since the 1.8 release (I got some while testing the patch). I’ve picked up zero natural crystal-affixed legends or eternals.

Perhaps someone else can respond about the enslavers. I still am a long way from that feat goal.

I’ve completed and recieved a legendary from it. JesteR has completed 4 or 5 times and said he’s got the same pet everytime. Maybe there are some kinks in that feat and it should be looked into.

Eternal rate is roughly 1 in 100 legends IIRC.

Oddly, I hadn’t gotten an Eternal in 4 or 5 days of playing, and got 3 today. The RNG liked me today.

[quote=“Rubik”]I’ve completed and recieved a legendary from it. JesteR has completed 4 or 5 times and said he’s got the same pet everytime. Maybe there are some kinks in that feat and it should be looked into.

Eternal rate is roughly 1 in 100 legends IIRC.[/quote]

I have completed it more than that and received other legend pets, just the past 4 times was the same one.

I always assumed there was a blank boss power bar at the end because they had so many hit points, and the bar wasn’t detailed enough to show how much was left.

To answer 6. Buccaneer build deals a shitton of damage.

There are guides floating around here that would teach you how to do a billion burst dps.