A new use for the amethyst crystal


#1

if amethyst crystal is applied to an item that already has a set affix, the amethyst allows you to transfer this affix to a different item and destroy the original item in the first place. This would have two affects: make finding legends less useless than it is now, as you can use them to get the exact set affix you want, and also allow items that cant spawn with a rare set affix like mythical to be able to get that affix.


#2

you basically removed the loss factor in using amethyst and made it easier to find the appropriate set affix that there’s no point in accumulating numerous other crystals (like jasper) in finding the appropriate set. true, restricted set affixes can now be transferred accordingly but the overwhelming amount of other set affixes found in legends can now be easily transferred in the same process. it won’t really matter if said item with set affix is going to be destroyed in the process of transfer, legend items can be farmed over and over again that. heck, i’ve gotten numerous mythical, eternalized and crystalline set affixed legends and i’m not even that made to farm those.


#3

+1 for me. Although we need to drastically change its mechanics.

This is interesting.


#4

Perhaps we can modify the original idea:
when an amethyst is applied to an item that already has a set affix, that item is destroyed, and the user can now apply a set affix to a different item. That item will has a 50%(We could modify this number) chance to have the set affix on the orginal item as one of its 4 choices. Perhaps instead of having a fixed %, we could do +x(say 10%) percent. So lets say in the current case, every set affix has a 5% chance to get selected. Now that one has say a 15% chance, and all the other ones are scaled down to fill up the remaining 85%. Or if an affix has a 0% chance (like eternalized), it could now have a 10% chance.


#5

[quote=“Pentagruel”]Perhaps we can modify the original idea:
when an amethyst is applied to an item that already has a set affix, that item is destroyed, and the user can now apply a set affix to a different item. That item will has a 50%(We could modify this number) chance to have the set affix on the orginal item as one of its 4 choices. Perhaps instead of having a fixed %, we could do +x(say 10%) percent. So lets say in the current case, every set affix has a 5% chance to get selected. Now that one has say a 15% chance, and all the other ones are scaled down to fill up the remaining 85%. Or if an affix has a 0% chance (like eternalized), it could now have a 10% chance.[/quote]

i get that you want those restricted set affixes available but if the resulting product would either be what i said earlier or now where it just became redundant with your current modification since adding such affix is essentially what the current setup is with a few tweaks, why not just suggest that those set affixes be available through the current setup of amethyst ? it’s a lot more safer without having to impact the usability of other crystals.


#6

Let us glitch