About Arcanist Set

Applies arcane debuff on all crits. Each enemy with arcan debuff increases total dmg by 4% per rank.

is there a limit/Cap on damage percent ?

or applied debuff on monsters

Yes there is a limit on how many enemies it can be applied to I’m pretty sure. I’m not exactly sure how many it is but I read it somewhere. And even if there isnt a cap there is a cap on how many enemies you can hit with it regardless even with max aoe and everything

1 Like

Arcanist Set has changed. it is applied with Weaken instead of Critical Hit. a Crystal Weaken & one Epic Weaken will be 100% every enemy in range of attack will get the Arcane Debuff. and it increases ED% by +4% per Rank for each enemy with the Debuff, working like Plagued Set with Poison DoT. the Debuff lasts 5 seconds, so you have 5 seconds to get as many enemies Debuffed on the way to the Cartographer.

also, don’t forget that Arcanist Set requires the Ascendant Set to work.

basically, the more ED% on a Build, the better Arcanist works, and changing it to work with ED% instead of Total DMG is balanced by using Weaken, which if you have read Mid’s Guide on Weaken, Ignore Resist, & Effective 3.0, might have actually made Arcanist even more powerful than before.

is there a limit/Cap on damage percent ?

or applied debuff on monsters

it depends on how you look at it. the Debuff lasts 5 seconds, so there is a Time Cap. Arcanist (8) gives +32% ED% for each enemy with the Debuff, so there is a Set Cap. any enemy that had the Debuff and that has died no longer counts towards the number of enemies with the Debuff, so there is a Death Cap :wink: .

if you could get 100 monsters on a map to have Arcane Debuff in less than 5 seconds with Arcanist (5) without any of them dying, that is +2000% ED%. a build with +200% ED would have +4000% ED% until monsters with the Debuff started dying or the Debuff duration came to an end.

Edit: while writing this post, I was doing some Searches :mag: for info, and one post said the ED% from Arcanist is additive, not multiplicative. in that case, the ED% would be +2200% ED% instead of the +4000% ED%.

2 Likes

:astonished::roll_eyes::thinking::exploding_head:

2 Likes

i thought its limitless haha no time limit of debuff etc

Thanks for this wonderful explanation i get it now …
Now im planning to build a Arcanist Reactor set for my rouge :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Debuff Times:

2 seconds for Fire.
3 seconds for Ice.
5 seconds for Arcane Debuff & Shock. Shock might be 4 seconds, but it’s been awhile since I have seen a post about this.
8 seconds for Poison.
10 seconds for Bleed.

1 Like

thank you so much :smiley: :smiley:

Edit:Ive been playing almost a year didnt know about this info.

Fire, Poison, Bleed, & Arcane Debuff are either listed or mentioned a lot. Ice & Shock were a little harder for me to figure out. older posts on the subject have been updated over time as the game was balanced. I did a lot of Forum reading & Searches :mag: and am still looking for good info!

Fire DoT: 80% of DMG dealt over 2 seconds, or 40% of DMG dealt a second for 2 seconds.
Immolate DoT: +100% of Fire DoT a second for 4 seconds.

Poison DoT: 80% of DMG dealt over 8 seconds, or 10% of DMG dealt a second for 8 seconds.
Toxic DoT: 400% of Poison DoT a second for 5 seconds in a small AoE cloud.

Ice DoT: slow enemy movement & attack speed by 50%, reduce enemy DMG by 25%, for 3 seconds (this might actually be longer, not sure).
Freeze DoT: enemy frozen in Ice for 3 seconds.

Shock DoT: lasts 4 or 5 seconds. applies a +12.5% DMG Debuff to an enemy, stacking up to 4 times
Paralyze DoT: enemy stunned for 3 seconds.

Arcane DoT: lasts for 5 seconds. requires Ascendant & Arcanist Sets with Weaken affix. +4% ED% per rank of Arcanist for every enemy currently with Arcane Debuff applied.
Orbit DoT: lasts 2 seconds. does +100% of DMG dealt in an Arcane Orb that spirals away from the Characters current location. affected by Living Force Set.

Bleed DoT. 100% of DMG dealt every second for 10 seconds.

for Fire, Poison, & Bleed, the highest DMG dealt for each is used for the DoT until the DoT duration is ended. multiples of the same Element/Bleed DoT don’t stack, but if you have a Build that has Fire, Poison, & Bleed DoT’s, the different DoT’s do stack.

DoT’s from these 3 can also cause Critical Hits, which means Deadly Strikes! and they can also cause Crushing Blows if you have that on your Build. so much more DMG! :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

I used to build Bleed Dot in arena coz it does high dmg specialy in deadly strike :heart_eyes:

1 Like

funny thing is, even though Fire, Poison, & Bleed DoT PVP Builds do great in Battle Arena, not every player uses Perseverance on their Builds to cripple these Builds.

2 Likes

indeed. also my build dont have perseverance . easily killed by a DoT :no_mouth::laughing:

1 Like