About Arcanist Set

Applies arcane debuff on all crits. Each enemy with arcan debuff increases total dmg by 4% per rank.

is there a limit/Cap on damage percent ?

or applied debuff on monsters

Yes there is a limit on how many enemies it can be applied to I’m pretty sure. I’m not exactly sure how many it is but I read it somewhere. And even if there isnt a cap there is a cap on how many enemies you can hit with it regardless even with max aoe and everything

1 Like

Arcanist Set has changed. it is applied with Weaken instead of Critical Hit. a Crystal Weaken & one Epic Weaken will be 100% every enemy in range of attack will get the Arcane Debuff. and it increases ED% by +4% per Rank for each enemy with the Debuff, working like Plagued Set with Poison DoT. the Debuff lasts 5 seconds, so you have 5 seconds to get as many enemies Debuffed on the way to the Cartographer.

also, don’t forget that Arcanist Set requires the Ascendant Set to work.

basically, the more ED% on a Build, the better Arcanist works, and changing it to work with ED% instead of Total DMG is balanced by using Weaken, which if you have read Mid’s Guide on Weaken, Ignore Resist, & Effective 3.0, might have actually made Arcanist even more powerful than before.

is there a limit/Cap on damage percent ?

or applied debuff on monsters

it depends on how you look at it. the Debuff lasts 5 seconds, so there is a Time Cap. Arcanist (8) gives +32% ED% for each enemy with the Debuff, so there is a Set Cap. any enemy that had the Debuff and that has died no longer counts towards the number of enemies with the Debuff, so there is a Death Cap :wink: .

if you could get 100 monsters on a map to have Arcane Debuff in less than 5 seconds with Arcanist (5) without any of them dying, that is +2000% ED%. a build with +200% ED would have +4000% ED% until monsters with the Debuff started dying or the Debuff duration came to an end.

Edit: while writing this post, I was doing some Searches :mag: for info, and one post said the ED% from Arcanist is additive, not multiplicative. in that case, the ED% would be +2200% ED% instead of the +4000% ED%.

3 Likes

:astonished::roll_eyes::thinking::exploding_head:

2 Likes

i thought its limitless haha no time limit of debuff etc

Thanks for this wonderful explanation i get it now …
Now im planning to build a Arcanist Reactor set for my rouge :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Debuff Times:

2 seconds for Fire.
3 seconds for Ice.
5 seconds for Arcane Debuff & Shock. Shock might be 4 seconds, but it’s been awhile since I have seen a post about this.
8 seconds for Poison.
10 seconds for Bleed.

2 Likes

thank you so much :smiley: :smiley:

Edit:Ive been playing almost a year didnt know about this info.

Fire, Poison, Bleed, & Arcane Debuff are either listed or mentioned a lot. Ice & Shock were a little harder for me to figure out. older posts on the subject have been updated over time as the game was balanced. I did a lot of Forum reading & Searches :mag: and am still looking for good info!

Fire DoT: 80% of DMG dealt over 2 seconds, or 40% of DMG dealt a second for 2 seconds.
Immolate DoT: +100% of Fire DoT a second for 4 seconds.

Poison DoT: 80% of DMG dealt over 8 seconds, or 10% of DMG dealt a second for 8 seconds.
Toxic DoT: 400% of Poison DoT a second for 5 seconds in a small AoE cloud.

Ice DoT: slow enemy movement & attack speed by 50%, reduce enemy DMG by 25%, for 3 seconds (this might actually be longer, not sure).
Freeze DoT: enemy frozen in Ice for 3 seconds.

Shock DoT: lasts 4 or 5 seconds. applies a +12.5% DMG Debuff to an enemy, stacking up to 4 times
Paralyze DoT: enemy stunned for 3 seconds.

Arcane DoT: lasts for 5 seconds. requires Ascendant & Arcanist Sets with Weaken affix. +4% ED% per rank of Arcanist for every enemy currently with Arcane Debuff applied.
Orbit DoT: lasts 2 seconds. does +100% of DMG dealt in an Arcane Orb that spirals away from the Characters current location. affected by Living Force Set.

Bleed DoT. 100% of DMG dealt every second for 10 seconds.

for Fire, Poison, & Bleed, the highest DMG dealt for each is used for the DoT until the DoT duration is ended. multiples of the same Element/Bleed DoT don’t stack, but if you have a Build that has Fire, Poison, & Bleed DoT’s, the different DoT’s do stack.

DoT’s from these 3 can also cause Critical Hits, which means Deadly Strikes! and they can also cause Crushing Blows if you have that on your Build. so much more DMG! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I used to build Bleed Dot in arena coz it does high dmg specialy in deadly strike :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

funny thing is, even though Fire, Poison, & Bleed DoT PVP Builds do great in Battle Arena, not every player uses Perseverance on their Builds to cripple these Builds.

3 Likes

indeed. also my build dont have perseverance . easily killed by a DoT :no_mouth::laughing:

1 Like

bruh i need to recraft eternal wand, gave it crit crystal affix

do you just need more Crit Chance, or do you need it for Arcanist Set? if it’s for making Arcanist Set work, that was changed in Patch 3.0. you now need Weaken for Arcanist Set to work. this is better, as you can have Weaken 100% or higher, so that every attack can place an Arcane DoT on enemies. the down side is that you can’t use Ignore Resist on Arcanist Builds.

1 Like