About the Legend Design Contest

To be honest, with the update coming for enchants, with the affixes being determined by crystals and such, all of my ideas for legends are just… blown away. I mean, take an epic piece of gear and affix all the perks and such that you want, and BOOM! Custom near-legend. Now it seems the only reason to have a legend is for the unique perks, and while I don’t have any idea for full legend sets, legend names, or the affixes, I do have ideas for legend-unique perks.

First: A set of cross-class perks.

Have something similar to the “Astral Summoner” perk, but have it change the summoned Skulls to the Traps from the Rogue class.

Have a perk allowing the Rogue’s traps to become spirits instead, probably a perk along the Assassin line.

Things like that.

Second: Elementalist Mastery

You know the “Prismatic” perk, obviously. Well, make a unique perk where every element, INCLUDING ARCANE, has an equal chance to be used. And as his would be a legend perk, make it also buff the effects of the elemental effects. Poison does more damage, Ice freezes enemies, etc.

Lastly: I couldn’t have made it any more obvious I don’t play warriors, could I? Well, this one is for them.

Another cross-class one, actually. The shield bash skill the warriors have is obviously useful. And it is great and all, but it’s SO. WEAK. Get a perk that adds several levels of knockback to this and gives a chance for killed enemies to spawn the Traps of the rogue, and you have a strong skill again.

[quote=“KrillCaligna”]
Now it seems the only reason to have a legend is for the unique perks, and while I don’t have any idea for full legend sets, legend names, or the affixes, I do have ideas for legend-unique perks. [/quote]

What “unique perk” ? you can get any of the legend affix through the crystal enchant system, it’s just a matter of luck =)

The interesting thing at looting “legend items” is that you can already get the legend affixes on your item and then edit it
It’s simplier than crafting your whole item (because the crystal legend, ruby #18 is really rare! so don’t worry you won’t put that much legend affixes by yourself :wink: )
It’s even simplier to put your epic affx on a “legend item” actually !

Prismatic already cast Arcane, and has his own “elemental critical effect” (= dot, even if that 's not really a dot, because “poison=toxic” is a dot, “fire=immolate” is a dot, but “ice=freeze” and “electric=paralyze” aren’t dots actually, that’s why Chris called them all “elemental critical” which suck as name ahahahahahah) BUT arcane does have an “elemental critical effect” too even if that’s not written ingame, it has no name but the effect is to lowers the “another elements resistances” :wink: (well prismatic effect actually) :smile: