Account link issue with google play

I need to use/link a new google play account (my friend’s google play acct) to my existing dq account cause the current GP account linked to my dq account doesn’t allow my preferred payment method (mobile billing). How do i change the google play account linked to my dq account?
PS: THIS GAME IS AWESOME! pls help :frowning:. I’ve also emaiked support already, posted here just in case!

[quote=“sawajiri”]I need to use/link a new google play account (my friend’s google play acct) to my existing dq account cause the current GP account linked to my dq account doesn’t allow my preferred payment method (mobile billing). How do i change the google play account linked to my dq account?
PS: THIS GAME IS AWESOME! pls help :frowning:. I’ve also emaiked support already, posted here just in case![/quote]

How will changing a GP account change payment method ?
Does your friend have a DQ account linked to his GP account ?

[quote=“JesteR”][quote=“sawajiri”]I need to use/link a new google play account (my friend’s google play acct) to my existing dq account cause the current GP account linked to my dq account doesn’t allow my preferred payment method (mobile billing). How do i change the google play account linked to my dq account?
PS: THIS GAME IS AWESOME! pls help :frowning:. I’ve also emaiked support already, posted here just in case![/quote]

How will changing a GP account change payment method ?
Does your friend have a DQ account linked to his GP account ?[/quote]

My friend has a DQ account linked to his GP account yes. I borrowed his account because for some reason my google play account won’t let me bill my phone for in app purchases,and that payment method works for his GP account. He’s agreed to let me bill his account and I’ll just pay him back for however much i spend (just 1 character slot rly)

Well I can help you to add the new Google account at least. You want to go into your Settings, and scroll down until you find your Accounts.

Tap Add Account, and then select Google from the list, enter all pertinent details and it should be done.

Your phone not allowing the billing payment is probably something you have set up in your contract, and can probably be changed.

[quote=“Rubik”]Well I can help you to add the new Google account at least. You want to go into your Settings, and scroll down until you find your Accounts.

Tap Add Account, and then select Google from the list, enter all pertinent details and it should be done.

Your phone not allowing the billing payment is probably something you have set up in your contract, and can probably be changed.[/quote]

Thanks but i already have the google account added to my device. My issue is linking my dq account and my friend’s google account (i currently have my friend’s google account logged in on my device, but when prompted for payment for the in app purchase in dq, it shows payment methods for my own google account and not my friend’s). I can currently use the mobile billing option to buy stuff on playstore, but not on dungeon quest. i logged in my friends google play account in the dungeon quest main menu, but the IAP keeps wanting to bill my own google account (i assume it’s cause it links your google play account to the dq account the very first time you log both of them in, didnt know that would happen)

@sawajiri
Have you tried uninstalling DQ and redownloading through his account in the Play store? Backup your data first.

[quote=“Rubik”]@sawajiri
Have you tried uninstalling DQ and redownloading through his account in the Play store? Backup your data first.[/quote]

I’ve tried clearing app data but not a full reinstall. Lemme try and i’ll get back to you, thanks for the suggestion!

[quote=“Rubik”]@sawajiri
Have you tried uninstalling DQ and redownloading through his account in the Play store? Backup your data first.[/quote]

So i backed up my character and did a full reinstall. I downloaded my character after reinstallation and tried buying a slot. It told me “you already own this item”. I couldnt purchase any of the character slots and couldn’t use any of them either (even hhough it told me i alreadyowned the character slots). Ran into a new problem :frowning:

Try the Restore Purchases button on the left under the Account button, and see if that helps anything.

Well that did it, but now i have the same amount of character slots as my friend and i didn’t have to pay for any of them. I feel guilty, i wanted to pay for the slot this game is sick.

@sawajiri

Oops. :frowning:
Buy something else then to give them some money, gold or vanity items maybe.

If I was you I would repeat all those steps and get it back on your Play account, start over and find a different way to pay. Otherwise that stuff will never be connected to your account. I should have led with this, but have you tried Play gift cards or Paypal?

[quote=“Rubik”]@sawajiri

Oops. :frowning:
Buy something else then to give them some money, gold or vanity items maybe.

If I was you I would repeat all those steps and get it back on your Play account, start over and find a different way to pay. Otherwise that stuff will never be connected to your account. I should have led with this, but have you tried Play gift cards or Paypal?[/quote]

Will do on the repeating to get the perks onto my own account. I dont know what play gift cards are and i don’thave a credit card for paypal, the mobile billing thing is the only way i know as of now to pay for IAP’s. Ill probably buy the angel wings vanity to give back to shinybox for the meantime.

@sawajiri
I’m not sure where you’re from, but Google Play cards are available in the following countries.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3422734?hl=en

[quote=“Rubik”]@sawajiri
I’m not sure where you’re from, but Google Play cards are available in the following countries.
https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3422734?hl=en[/quote]

Not available where i’m from sadly (philippines)

Well I’m afraid I’m out of ideas. Sorry, good luck on figuring it out though.

you could too change to amazon :smiley: it could be downloaded maybe from phillipines too :smiley: try it too