Armor rating

Today; I decided to try something new; and that is adding armor some of my gears.

Monsters have started dealing higher & higher dmg as the % enemy dmg increases.

I rounded up about 13.3k armor rating. However; I noticed monsters still deal a decent damage on me (6k & up; about 2k difference compared to 6k armor rating).

Does it really do anything for us?

yes armor rating adds in a effect my warrior armor rating is so high the only thing that hurts him is explosives

Armor and Resist work best if you have an equal number of affixes for them. Also, I usually use total reduced % as my indicator for protection.

same here mine is 94.7% total reduced damage

The AR formula is in the dictionary. But since you are creating this, is it safe to assume you are not very math savvy? DMG reduction from both AR adn Resist follows a reciprocal graph depending on DMG. As DMG increases, DMG reduction becomes less and less to the point of meaningless.

The critical point is DMG=AR/2.5 or DMG=Resist/0.15. Where if DMG is higher than said value, then reduction starts to decrease infinitely close to 0% but if DMG is lower then it will increase infinitely close to 100%.

Imo opinion, armor is useless as a defensive option. Reduction is scaled with floor, btw.

Avoidance > Mitigation

Strictly speaking PvE here.

The gist of it is, no matter how much you guys pile armor and resistance it can only be useful until a certain floor, roughly about 500+.

Thus

[quote=“ocenyx”]The gist of it is, no matter how much you guys pile armor and resistance it can only be useful until a certain floor, roughly about 500+.

Thus

i’d argue it is still useful at floor 700+ provided you don’t get map affixes that boost your monster’s damage

[quote=“solkyro”][quote="ocenyx"]The gist of it is, no matter how much you guys pile armor and resistance it can only be useful until a certain floor, roughly about 500+.

Thus

i’d argue it is still useful at floor 700+ provided you don’t get map affixes that boost your monster’s damage[/quote]
Well of course you COULD argue, you’d just be wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

I had a tank built that ran around with my main, he was built SOLELY for high health/armor… 700k+ hp, 1.5M+ armor, 2k+ all resist… probably number 1 in LEGIT EHP at over 2B.

He’s USELESS.

Somewhere between 5 and 600 he started getting 1 shot. By 700 it was simply hilarious at how feeble he was.

My point is, if essentially the maximum amount of armor doesn’t help, than anything less than that is clearly a waste.

Look at anyone that has climbed 1k+, its pretty much always permastealth, and probably exclusively done through some version of avoidance. No tanking your way there. But feel free to try. :smiley:

[quote=“Rubik”]

I had a tank built that ran around with my main, he was built SOLELY for high health/armor… 700k+ hp, 1.5M+ armor, 2k+ all resist… probably number 1 in LEGIT EHP at over 2B.

He’s USELESS.

Somewhere between 5 and 600 he started getting 1 shot. By 700 it was simply hilarious at how feeble he was.

My point is, if essentially the maximum amount of armor doesn’t help, than anything less than that is clearly a waste.

Look at anyone that has climbed 1k+, its pretty much always permastealth, and probably exclusively done through some version of avoidance. No tanking your way there. But feel free to try. :smiley:[/quote]

But Rubik4 is IMBA! Your Wiz has over 5m HP and 6M DEF! XD I am sure you can buff him up even more…

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“Rubik”]

He’s USELESS.

Look at anyone that has climbed 1k+, its pretty much always permastealth, and probably exclusively done through some version of avoidance. No tanking your way there. But feel free to try. :smiley:[/quote]

But Rubik4 is IMBA! Your Wiz has over 5m HP and 6M DEF! XD I am sure you can buff him up even more…[/quote]
I certainly could, but still doubtful that he’d survive much further in pve than maybe 800 m3.

[quote=“Rubik”]

He’s USELESS.

yes i could and i will lose horribly. :laughing:

i’ve been in the 1k floors; ain’t pretty at all

I would say the bigger question is “why is mitigation tied to floor level?” It’s completely ridiculous and stupid to give a formula and not actually use that formula in the game. That formula says nothing about floor level and how it affects mitigation. Great job guys! You gave us a formula that in no way reflects the actual game!

The formula is correct and it is used. Floor number increases monster DMG. As DMG increases, AR becomes meaningless as indicated in the 2nd post of the topic.

Edit:
Can’t believe I necro bumbed a 11 day old thread. Oh wells.