Best Map to FARM

MYTHIC 3 100+ FLOORS

OR

NORMAL 200+ FLOOR

which is better for farming?

2 Likes

Base on my experience and opinion… I’ve always farm at floor 196 or 197 because all the monster of that floor are short range so l don’t have to mind the range projectiles while floor 200 have a higher chance to spawn rare monster and enslaver and the monster there didn’t spawn until you walk at a certain area and they spawn like a skyfall…

3 Likes

How about in terms of quality of loots?

2 Likes

Use a Map when doing a farm run.

Why? Because some map have affixes on them that modify how the map works, both good and bad.

One particular reason is that, Maps can increase the enemies you encounter in-game. Affixes that do that are Pack Size, +Magic, +Rare and +Epic Enemies.

Beware of Dangerous Map Affixes like Skyfall, TnT props, Nerfs and enemy immune though.

2 Likes

@LK_Stradmore I do use Map for farming. But my question is should I farm on floor 100+ in mythic 3 or 200+ in normal difficulty since I cant handle mythic 3 on floor 200+.

2 Likes

Can I see your current gears? Ill do a quick scan on it to see what your build needs immediate improvement.

1 Like

1 Like

Difficulty Level of Easy or higher give Luck & Gold Find which is affected by the +650% Cap. so subtract the bonus for your difficulty from 650 to know how much Luck & Gold Find you need on your Gears. so difficulty level doesn’t matter if you have your Luck & Gold Find maxed out. Difficulty level also affects how much damage monsters do to you and how much Health monsters have, and for those leveling up, an experience boost.

Luck is what directly affects quality of loot. on lower difficulty levels, you need more Luck on your Gears, on M3, you only need +300% Luck, as M3 give you +350% Luck & Gold Find. on Very Easy, you would need +650% Luck on your Gears. of course, monsters on Very Easy are easier to kill than monsters on M3.

@LK_Stradmore means Challenge Map. these maps can be bought in the Shop (same floor bought on) or are dropped by Cartographers (map is for the next floor). for myself, floors 1-200 are Campaign Maps. Challenge Maps have from 1 to 6 Map affixes, which can be found listed in the Codex > Dictionary > Map Affix. some of these are good for those who need to farm, even though all but 2 of the Map Affixes are meant to be difficult. the other 2 give extra experience for that monster killed and extra loot for that monster killed. also, Challenge Maps increase loot based on how many Map Affixes are on the Map.

Edit: I didn’t think about it until later, but it was mentioned by a Dev that Challenge Maps with Sky Fall also give better loot because these maps are harder to survive in. if you go straight to the Cartographer and kill him, then Sky Fall turns off. but if you die after you kill the Cartographer, Sky Fall starts up again until you leave the map. there are some nice posts on the subject.

3 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation of Challenge Map @Golem. :grin:

I cant heart your comment more than one so heres some more!

:dash::heart::heart::heart::heart:

As a long time player, I probably should have done a more clearer explanation about challenge maps to new players. Glad you’re there to fill in the gaps!

4 Likes

Thanks you so much for the additional info. As I mentioned, I’m doing challenge map ever since I had access after act iv ignis. I’m just thinking which map would be most beneficial in terms of drop quality. Challenge Map 100+ in M3 or Challenge Map 200+ in Legend Difficulty.

@LK_Stradmore Thank you so much for guiding noobies like me. :grin:

4 Likes

@LK_Stradmore :blush: don’t stop with the praise, I need to blush more.

@Akoposirez1991 there are some Farm Builds that are for Easy & Very Easy difficulty levels. although you use up more space to max out the farm affixes, the monsters are easier to kill and are easier to survive. loot drops are the same, except for Items that have difficulty level requirements. like an Item that can only be found on M3 difficulty.

4 Likes