Bleed+Burn Warrior Build Help 2021

Hi, this is my planned build to climb floors but I am unsure if it can really hike as I’ve been farming floors 500+ for crystals to make this set so I don’t know what the enemy’s stats are like into the 1000s.
This build plans to use Whirlwind to deal damage and apply immolate + blistering, with the +400% and +500% respectively from the Crushing Flames Bonus and Berserker Bonus affixes. Demonic is used to finish off enemies and I tried to add as much damage as possible and have neglected survivability in the process (kill or be killed I would say).
Any thoughts or suggestions are invited I hope I can make this better! Sorry if it’s hard to read, I don’t have the resources to craft any of this so I typed this up on Notepad!

[xyz] = innate on the item
[x] - (xyz) = roll with ruby(red)/amber(orange)
[x] - ((xyz)) = mythic/mythstone(purple)
[x] - (*xyz) = crystal(cyan/blue) affix
[x] - ([xyz]) = set(green) affix

*Name of Item, (Type/Element), [Nature], {Talent/Skill}

Warrior:

Health - 5
Mana - 5
Power - 103 (+98)

20 - Whirlwind
20 - Strength
20 - Dexterity
20 - Intelligence
19 - Fortune

MH: *Origin (Hammer/Fire) [of Death] {Smash/Whirlwind}

• [x] ([Demonic (5)])
  • [WeaponDMG%]
  • [Double Strike]
  • [x] ((Cosmic Orb((Gift,Wisdom,Clarity,Return))))
  • [x] (WeaponDMG+)
  • [x] (*Crit%)

OH: *Berserker’s Chopper (Hatchet/Fire) [of Death] {Toss/Smokebomb}

• [Berserker (6)]
  • [Barbarian]
  • [x] (Ignore Resist)
  • [x] (EleCrit%)
  • [x] (BleedDMG%)
  • [x] (*Block%)

Armour: *Firestorm (Fire) [of Protection] {Hardened}

• [Crushing Flames (7)]
  • [Crushing Flames Bonus]
  • [x] ((Ruptured ((Hero,Boon,Flight,Time))))
  • [x] (Whirlwind+)
  • [x] (EleCritDMG%)
  • [x] (*CritDMG%)

Helmet: *Berserker’s Sallet (Fire) [of Protection] {Fustigate}

• [Berserker (6)]
  • [Berserker Bonus]
  • [x] ((Bloodmagic ((Hero,Gift,Clarity,Abyss))))
  • [x] (Whirlwind+)
  • [x] (EleCritDMG%)
  • [x] (*Attack Speed%)

Ring: *Cognition (Fire) [of Protection] {Suffering}

• [x] ([Crushing Flames (7)])
  • [x] ((Dauntless((Boon,Clarity,Haste,Death))))
  • [EleDMG%]
  • [Push the Limit]
  • [x] ((Elixir))
  • [x] (*Crushing Blow%)

Amulet: *Entropic Jewel (Fire) [of Protection] {Bloodbath}

• [x] ([Crushing Flames (7)])
  • [x] ((Sanctuary((Mentor,Wisdom,Endow,Return))))
  • [EleDMG%]
  • [x] (EleCrit%)
  • [x] ((Elixir))
  • [x] (*Crushing Blow%)

Pet: *Lilith (Fire)

• [Vampiric Touch (5)]
  • [Attack Speed%]
  • [BleedDMG%]
  • [CritDMG%]
  • [EleDMG%]
  • [Dodge%]
5 Likes

nice build.

Attack Speed doesn’t work with Whirlwind, you need Cool Down instead. in addition to casting Whirlwind more often, this allows you to cast Smokebomb more often for the automatic Dodge for the next attack that hits you (I am using this on my Wizard for now, works nice, but feels weird).

since Whirlwind only hits enemies near you, maybe you should change Smokebomb to Taunt. that way Taunt draws the enemies to you, with a chance to Stun, and then you can hit them with Whirlwind until they are dead. unless you are casting Smokebomb and then Whirlwind, and then charging into a crowd of enemies, and then alternating between Whirlwind for damage and Smokebomb for more defense.

either way, nice build. actually, your defense is pretty good, even though your Block & Dodge isn’t very high.

3 Likes

Hey man thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:
I have the attack speed because of the berserker set, it gives stun chance equal to attack speed so I thought as I’m using 2 pieces of berserker for the bonus bleed damage I may as well make use of it, with a crystal affix, epic affix and the Fustigate passive it’s 45%, 15% and 30% stun chance. Not sure if that’s worth it as like you say I don’t have a way to group enemies and I’m not sure if those bonuses are additive or multiplicative.
If I were to use say Twister or a similar ability on a Wizard hireling do you think I could justify the attack speed? If not like you said Taunt and CDR might be best.
I seem to think from what I’ve read that block and dodge are very important for higher floors but yeah I was still pretty frugal with them.
Cheers for the feedback I appreciate it and can’t wait to get this build rolling :smiley:

1 Like

affixes on items are usually additive, Talents are usually additive, but sometimes multiplicative. if it isn’t in the description, just check the Stat Page to see which way it goes. upgrades from Skills don’t apply towards the Cap, so you could have +350% Crit Dmg. and go even higher with Warrior (or any Class) by putting Skill Points into Earthshatter, which has a bonus for Crit Dmg when you put Skill Points into it.

Twister has a Taunt ability, and also stuns enemies caught by the Twister for a short time. so lots better to use Cool Down with it instead of Attack Speed. also, Twister lasts for 5 seconds while it moves away from the caster. Twister 40 with +60% CD lets you cast a Twister every 1.2 seconds. as long as you don’t have to get out of the way of an enemies attack, they get sucked into the Twister. enemies could be getting hit by multiple Twisters, because of the range of their AoE will overlap, depending where in the line of Twisters they are, they could be getting hit by 2 to 4 Twisters at the same time. if you have boosts to AoE, maybe get hit by all 5 Twistes!. with the Twisters buffed up this much, enemies are getting hit 5.6 times a second from each Twister, and you would have 5 Twisters being cast, moving away from you for 5 seconds, then the spell ends.

as far as using the Berserker Set for Stunning, as long as it works for your Build, stay with it. there are ways to improve a Stun Build to make it stronger. there is a Set bonus that increases Dmg of Stunned enemies, and one that increases dmg. when using high Attack Speed.

2 Likes

That’s good to know, if it’s safe to assume it’s additive then that should give a good chance to stun with the Warrior’s Fustigate passive and Berserker set. I had considered 2 25% Earthshatter procs with 20 skill points because of how strong Earthshatter looked but I thought the bleed damage would be better for buffing with the affix slots instead of a lot of procs, I only chose CosmicOrb because of the high hit rate combined with my crushing blow chance.
Twister on my Wizard hireling does seem very appealing when I am lacking crowd control on my main, it seems if I can get the AI settings and affixes right I could have a very powerful taunt machine on Wizard. I still have to make another build for my Wizard but I think I’ll definitely base it around Twister as it sounds like they will have very good synergy together.
After reading through those set bonuses Epiphany with the bonus looks like it would do really well with what I’ve got, I just don’t have the affixes to spare with 2 Berserker and 3 Crushing Flames for the bonuses. I’ll definitely keep that guide in mind for making my Twister Wizard though :slight_smile:
Your knowledge of Wizard skills is very good I will definitely remember to add the CD and AoE for my hireling, with such high hits per second I might consider making my Wizard with deadly strike to take advantage of all the damage this skill is capable of dealing then leave Crushing Blow+Flames for my Warrior.

I’m a long way off this yet though, I’m Ascension 3 level 82 atm farmed a lot at floor 500 when I was ascension 2 level 99 so I had enough to enhance ilvl1 gear and make levelling/farming equipment lvl50+ (not found 1 legend pet yet but I hope I can craft epic affix on it when I do!):

3 Likes

when I first got into DQ, I wanted to play Rogue, but ended up going with Wizard. Elementalist Wizard can put out lots of damage.

Dauntless, like other methods of lowering damage, becomes useless the higher the floors you go, even when you put multiple damage reduction/massive HP together. at a certain point, even the Normal (Grey) monsters can 1 hit you.

for the Pets, you can use the lowest 8 Crystals & Topaz on them. Eternal Pets have the same restrictions as Eternal Items. it costs 5 Crystal to make one change. if it takes 5 attempts to change your Pets Element from Fire to Ice, it will cost 25 Calcite. if you don’t have Topaz, take one yellow affix off, then use Angelite to put an Epic affix on, then keep taking it off and on until you get the same affix back, and then continue until the yellow are replaced by orange affixes.

it’s been about 2 years since I did the testing, but if I remember right, you don’t need Gold Find on your Hireling. fastest way to find out is go to Stat Page, see what your Gold Find is, redo the Hero Points to 0 on your Hireling (specifically Fortune Skill), check the Stat Page again to see if Gold Find changed at all. that is what I did, plus changing Greed Natures. I don’t know if this was one of the changes from the latest Patch, so hopefully this will help.

the rest of both Builds look pretty good for Farming.

1 Like

The Wizard’s damage is why he’s always in my hireling slot too, really nice skills and much better talents than warrior.

For survivability I guess it’s just Dodge/Block and Sanctuary then, I’ve been making some tweaks to the build I will take Dauntless out of my floor-climbing one but for floor 500+ it’s still keeping me alive especially when I taunt in a pack size map :smiley:

Yeah the pets are just what I have found as epic and equipped while farming, not dedicated any resources to them yet. I used to play this game years ago when I was in high school, in uni now so at least 5-6 years ago and I remember if you want to use a kyanite on a pet like you said it costs 5 per use. If you salvage all of your kyanite to larimar, you can convert 2 larimar to 1 kyanite, and use 1 kyanite to remove an affix from pet (basically the game doesn’t require you to have 5 of the crystal, only at least 1, but it will take up to 5 if you have that many). Repeat for each type of crystal and you save quite a bit. Hopefully that helps out someone who is trying to craft on pets too.

Oh that is interesting to hear about the Gold Find, would Luck work the same way I wonder I will have to check in the stats page. For now the Satyr’s Spirit set is giving a big boost to HP (w/bloodmagic conversion) but for future builds or anyone else this would be very important to know for farming builds.

Hopefully I will have my Warrior and Wizard geared in maybe a week or two, been playing a lot in lockdown so gathering lots of resources, stockpiling them before I even attempt to craft!

1 Like

only Gold Find needs to be on Main. Luck, Item Drop, & Experience are averaged, except for the bonus for being a team, like the +100% Item Drop over cap when you have a Main & Hireling (if things are the same since I tested). Experience for a Team has a bonus, I think there is an average for any Experience Boost, and there is also an experience penalty based on the difference in level between the Main & Hireling. there is a really good Thread on the subject.

welcome back!

2 Likes

Thanks man I love this game. Just thought I should update the post on what I’ve done with the build, since reading what Golem has sent and a lot of other posts. I was so wrong with what I put first, looking back it’s obvious I have no clue about floor climbing as my build would die and struggle to deal damage without max dodge from stealth or block from bulwark as well as crushing blow.
This build I have made is 100x better.
This build is what I was looking for with this thread, so thanks Golem for pointing me in the right direction to create this on my own :slight_smile:
I know there are probably others very similar or exactly the same but I have not copied any build from any post or guide, this is what I believe will be a permanent build for me and my playstyle to climb floor 10k+
Shock OH + Electrocution is important, just like Demonic but you get extra +50% damage from shock effect, 12.5% for each shock hit (taunt attacks 4x/sec so in 1 second taunt will stack +50% damage debuff and 100% chance to deal +500% (not 100% like demonic) to enemies less than 25% hp.
Block will be 81%, when you block an attack you get +20% from Bulwark so it is possible to still die, but we have sanctuary so hopefully we will not get hit 2x in a row and when we block we have 100% = invincible :smiley:
Whirlwind has hit frequency 0.125 or 8x/sec so can stack crushing blow and crits very fast for damage.
10% Bleed Chance on pet is very important as well, as it’s the only way to apply bleed for this build and we have lots of +Blistering/Bleed DMG bonus so not having 1 affix of bleed chance is a waste as it lasts for 10 seconds and will most of the time be active even with just 10% chance!

Main Stats:
100% Block, 70% Crushing Blow, 80% Crit Chance, 445% Crit Damage, 200% MH Weapon Damage, 100% Glasscannon, 100% Execute Damage, 90% Elemental Crit Chance, 175% Immolation Damage, 300% Blistering, 100% High Voltage, 200% Elemental Damage, +80% Bleed Damage, +50% Damage from Ruptured, up to +100% Damage from Energy, +50% Fire Damage, +50% Faster DoT (Immolate,Blistering,Bleed), +500% Damage to enemies below 25% HP, +50% Damage from Shock debuff, +200% Whirlwind Damage, Bleeding enemies take +30% more from Brutality Talent.

• [xyz] = already on item/no changes needed

• [+xyz] = ‘bonus’ affix

• [x] [("xyz)] = ‘mythstone’/‘mythic’

• [x] [xyz(0)] = ‘green’ affix

• [x] [*xyz] = ‘cyan’ affix

• [x] [xyz] = ‘red’/‘orange’ affix

Warrior:

AI Settings:

Skills:

• Smash - Never Use - Any Range
  • Fear - Never Use - Any Range
  • Whirlwind - Use as Often as possible - 6ds
  • Taunt - Use as Often as possible - 8yds

Ranges:
Avoid Enemy = 0yds
Follow Teammate = 5yds

Stats:
  • Health = 5 (+ 0)

• Mana = 5 (+ 0)

• Power = 103(+98)

Skills:

• 20 - Smash

• 20 - Fear

• 20 - Whirlwind

• 20 - Taunt

• 19 - Dexterity

Equipment:

()Main-Hand: Apollyon [of Strength] (Fire) {Smash/Whirlwind}

• [x] [Earthquake = Endow,Death,Rebirth,Time]
  • [x] [Crushing Flames (6)]
  • [x] [*Crit%]
  • [WeaponDMG%]
  • [ExecuteDMG%]
  • [x] [WeaponDMG+]

()Off-Hand: *Ampered [of Strength] (Shock) {Fear/Taunt}

• [Electrocution (5)]
  • [x] [*Block%]
  • [x] [Glasscannon%]
  • [x] [EleCrit%]
  • [x] [EleCritDMG%]
  • [x] [Bulwark+]

()Armour: *Indra’s Boon [of Death] (Fire) {Brutality}

• [x] ["Ruptured = Hero,Boon,Flight,Time]
  • [x] [Crushing Flames (6)]
  • [*Block%]
  • [x] [EleCrit%]
  • [x] [Bulwark+]
  • [x] [Whirlwind+]

()Helmet: *Apex of Epiphany [of Death] (Fire) {Lacerate}

• [Epiphany (7)]
  • [x] [*CritDMG%]
  • [x] [EleCrit%]
  • [x] [EleCritDMG%]
  • [EleDmg%]
  • [x] [Whirlwind+]

()Ring: *Loop of Epiphany [of Death] (Fire) {Bulwark}

• [x] ["Energy = Hero,Wisdom,Clarity,Abyss]
  • [Epiphany (7)]
  • [x] [*CrushingBlow%]
  • [x] ["Elixir]
  • [x] [EleCritDMG%]
  • [EleDmg%]

()Amulet: *Strand of Epiphany [of Death] (Fire) {Frenzy}

• [x] ["Sanctuary = Mentor,Wisdom,Endow,Return]
  • [Epiphany (7)]
  • [x] [*CrushingBlow%]
  • [x] ["Elixir]
  • [x] [EleCritDMG%]
  • [x] [Glasscannon%]

()Pet: *Rage (Fire)

• [Inferno (5)]
  • [Crit%]
  • [Bleed%]
  • [CrushingBlow%]
  • [CritDMG%]
  • [BleedDMG%]
2 Likes

nice, glad to help :blush: .

2 Likes

I really like whirlwind as a skill, it brings back so many memories of Diablo 2 :wink:

2 Likes

I’d sometimes play Barb on ladder and look for IK set haha, you could solo hell diablo and sometimes travincal with that using whirlwind w/ 2 shael runes in the maul aw man that game was amazing

1 Like

Damn I’ve really got nothing to do all day except play Dungeon Quest and theorycraft my builds for eternal ascension and floor climbing… At least my format is improving :slight_smile:
So a couple of things were still obviously wrong with the build, massive damage loss because there’s no Eternal Weapon and I had used High Voltage, but not Frostbiting.
As this build will probably be used for an Indestructible Hireling my main toon can use shock/ice elements to ensure they both activate.
The Effective mythic could also be added, as I will use 200% Weaken and shock/ice elements on my main for when I’m using the warrior build as a hireling I think this will boost his damage.
I have 100% Glasscannon, but I’m using Energy resource mythic and have no slots dedicated to any other resource management, so kind of stuck with Energy. I have been trying to think of a way to get in a Barbarian or Push the Limit but with Energy, Whirlwind+Taunt would cause me to run out of resource before the mana potion is refreshed.
And I can not find any more ways to boost the damage, I know there are some set bonuses (Haunting, etc.) but to implement them into the build would probably cause a damage loss because of the damage reduction per slot, although maybe I’m not seeing the right combination.
Using 2 blistering, 1 high voltage and 1 frostbiting instead of 4 blistering, I think is a good example of what I’m looking for, extra multiplicative multipliers that I can fit into the build somehow, I’m out of ideas now >.<
I will make this build over time with resources although its mainly dust+Eternal Appollyon which will take the most time.

()Main-Hand: Eternal Apollyon [of Strength] (Fire) {Smash/Whirlwind}

• [x] [Demonic (5)]
  • [x] ["Endow]
  • [x] ["Endow]
  • [WeaponDMG%]
  • [ExecuteDMG%]
  • [Double Strike%]

()Off-Hand: *Ampered [of Strength] (Shock) {Fear/Taunt}

• [Electrocution (5)]
  • [x] [*Block%]
  • [x] [Glasscannon%]
  • [x] [EleCritDMG%]
  • [x] [CritDMG%]
  • [x] [Bulwark+]

()Armour: *Indra’s Boon [of Death] (Fire) {Brutality}

• [x] ["Ruptured = Hero,Boon,Flight,Time]
  • [x] [Crushing Flames (5)]
  • [x] [*Block%]
  • [x] [EleCrit%]
  • [x] [Bulwark+]
  • [x] [Whirlwind+]

()Helmet: *Apex of Epiphany [of Death] (Fire) {Lacerate}

• [x] ["Energy = Hero,Wisdom,Clarity,Abyss]
  • [Epiphany (7)]
  • [x] [*Crit%]
  • [x] [EleCrit%]
  • [EleDMG%]
  • [x] [Whirlwind+]

()Ring: *Loop of Epiphany [of Death] (Fire) {Bulwark}

• [x] ["Effective = Protest,Endow,Rebirth,Return]
  • [Epiphany (7)]
  • [x] [*CrushingBlow%]
  • [x] ["Elixir]
  • [x] [EleCritDMG%]
  • [EleDMG%]

()Amulet: *Strand of Epiphany [of Death] (Ice) {Frenzy}

• [x] ["Sanctuary = Mentor,Wisdom,Endow,Return]
  • [Epiphany (7)]
  • [x] [*CrushingBlow%]
  • [x] ["Elixir]
  • [x] [EleCritDMG%]
  • [x] [Glasscannon%]

()Pet: *Rage (Fire)

• [Inferno (5)]
  • [Crit%]
  • [CritDMG%]
  • [Bleed%]
  • [BleedDMG%]
  • [CrushingBlow%]

(I think the WeaponDMG and BaseDMG [from 2x Endow in eternal weapon] are basically the same multiplier, but apply additively with each other. So +400% and +100% will be +500%, not like the other multipliers which are multiplicative. I don’t see many people showcasing Endow in builds or guides but I am convinced it is a good damage multiplier as it affects the damage at the start of the calculation so is affected by every modifier that you have)

WeaponDMG%= 400%
BaseDMG%(2xEndowMythstone)= 100%

EleDMG%= 250%
Glasscannon%= 100%
CritDMG%= 220%
EleCritDMG%= 100% High Voltage
EleCritDMG%= 100% Frostbitten

ImmolateDMG%= 125%
EleCritDMG%= 200% Blistering
*BleedDMG%= 50%
*Lacerate = 30%
DoTSpeed%= 50%

Whirlwind%= 200%

Energy%= 100%

**Brutality = 30%
**RupturedMythic = 50%
***EffectiveMythic = 25%
ShockDebuff%= 50%

ExecuteDMG%= 200%
Demonic%= 100%
Electrocute%= 500%

CrushingBlow%= 70%
Crit%= 80%
EleCrit%= 60%
DoubleStrike%= 50%
Bleed%= 10%

*Do Bleed Damage and the Lacerate Talent stack additively or multiplicatively?
**Do Brutality and the Ruptured Mythic stack additively or multiplicatively?
***Will effective mythic definitely work with 200% weaken from another character and can penetrate resist enemies using this method?

3 Likes

1x Glasscannon & 1x Barbarian do more dmg than 2x Glasscannon (x2.25 vs x2.0).

you can only have 1 kind of any Myth Stone on any Item. so only 1 Endow on your Weapon for +50% WD. from what I remember, it is additive, so is only worth putting on Weapons that do lots of damage or have enough Power Stat to make it worthwhile. depending on the Build, it is kind of a toss up between Endow & +5000 WD. some Builds might have both or neither!

Brutal & Ruptured Mythic are on the same Item (Chest). you can only have 1 Mythic on any one item. so they don’t add or multiply each other.

if you have space for Effective, go for it, but Effective takes a big hit against monsters with Greatly Resist Element for the Element that is Effective against them. this is only a problem against Epic+ monsters with 3+ monster Affixes or maps that give all monsters +1-2 monster Affixes, which increases the chance that they have that Greatly Resist Element Affix. also, it is a +25% to the Element part of the damage, whereas Barbarian or Push the Limit is a +50% to dmg. also, Effective is like Weaken, it only works for the Character it is Crafted on.

here is a great post on how Weaken works with or without Effective, plus how Ignore Resist works.

Bleed Dmg & Lacerate should be multipicative.

2 Likes

I didn’t know that about mythstones in items so I will have to try and think of something to put in that second slot, maybe some Crushing Blow or Reduced CD.

I would love to use Barbarian or even Push the Limit as I’m sure I could swap other affixes which would give me more damage. But the problem is I’m using Energy+Taunt which cost 30 energy each and I only have 100, but I get extra damage based on my current energy and I can use both skills when they’re off cooldown without waiting for resource.

If I use Barb or PTL then I get less damage from my current energy and cannot sustain casting both skills at once between mana potion casts. I have thought before if the ‘Wisdom’ nature reduces the cost of skills cast using Energy? That could counteract the negatives of Barb and PTL for this build.

I’m sorry I should have been more clear, the Brutality talent is for warrior and says “Bleeding enemies take 1.5%/rank more damage”. The Ruptured mythic also says something similar but is 50% so I would assume it is multiplicative as was the Bleed Damage and Lacerate talent.

After reading that post I guess the slot used for Effective is better used for another source of damage, like Barbarian or PTL and if the Wisdom nature reduces Energy cost this will definitely be a good damage increase.

In the post it also mentions not considering immune enemies and doesn’t talk about the interaction between my hireling applying weaken and my main char benefitting from it. Maybe that would stack to +400% if both applied it or would it apply the highest source and cap at +200% so you would only need it on one character such as the hireling.

Maybe I have misunderstood or not read, but if an enemy is resistant to the same element I use to attack it with and I have applied Weaken it will still not do damage?

1 Like

The damage increase from Energy may be based on missing energy, not current energy so that means running out of resource is good and I should go for Barb or PTL :smiley:
Some things on the wiki are definitely outdated and the in game codex tells me crushing flames has some slow bonus to immolate but not on the item description. It’s hard to find up to date information lol

2 Likes

here is a post that will help with Crafting when using the different Crystals.

ok, that was my mistake between Brutality Talent & Brutal Mythic. Brutality Talent & Ruptured Mythic should be multiplicative. Brutality 20 would be +30% and Ruptured would be +50% damage. so 1.3 x 1.5 = x1.95. the +50% Bleed Dmg would be based on damage done before Brut. & Rup. damage, since they are based on an enemy bleeding before they go into effect. afaik, boosts like this don’t keep stacking for higher & higher damage.

some things reduce resource cost, whatever the resource is, and others just reduce Mana costs. should say in descriptions, hopefully.

Weaken on one Character doesn’t work for other character. either the other Character needs it’s own Weaken or Ignore Resist. kind of like if 2 people have one gun each, but only one of the guns has a bullet and the other is empty. I think I tested it once, and so did a few others, because if only one needs Weaken or Ignore Resist, saves space in a Main & Hireling Build.

if you have an Ice Weapon on an Ice Map, your 1000 damage would be 500 damage instead, since Ice map monsters take -50% damage from Ice Weapons/Attacks (unsure how this works with Prismatic/Ascendant Builds). with Weaken +120%, (1 - 0.5) +1.2 = 0.5 +1.2 =1.7. Weaken is added after you do all the Element Resistance/Immune calculations instead of multiplied, which is what makes it so powerful, even if you only have +90%, 90% of your attacks would have +0.9 added to the Element part of damage after all other Element calculations for Resistance/Immunity… Effective is considered part of the early Element calculations before Weaken, so it is affected drastically by Greatly Resist, Resists, and Immune.

3 Likes

That crystal crafting restrictions guide is amazing that’s helped me from the start of planning this.

As a rule of thumb it seems if it comes from a different source it’s multiplicative otherwise it’s additive. Like the bleed damage item affix and bleed damage talent have different sources and do not share the same ID for formulas, so in the calculation they are different mods (x)(y), not (x+y) like elemental crit damage on items.

I had noticed it distinguished between mana and resource, but just assumed there may have been an update that changed resources and some entries hadn’t been updated, thanks for the clarification.

That explanation makes it really clear, so the weaken mod is just added after the resistance part of the calculation so it definitely works against immunes, a crystal weaken and epic affix on pet for +120% on every character sounds good to me.

Thanks for helping me with all these questions Golem I appreciate it :slight_smile:

3 Likes