Bleed to death?

.can someone please enlighten me about bleed??
.how much cap is it and how we can reach maximum capacity of bleed damage…

.thanks…

1 Like

I couldn’t find an answer on any threads, but am curious as well.

1 Like

I just read a very old post that states that on the All Stats Page any affix that has has a hard cap, like +60% for Attack Speed (you can go over the cap with Epiphany Set at +5% to Cap per Rank… +75% Attack Speed Cap with Epiphany 5). Sets have a cap of 8 and I think are not affected by Epiphany. anything else is beyond my knowledge.

from all of that, Bleed Chance has a +60% cap while Bleed Damage has no Cap. on another old post, someone mentioned they have a 10 billion bleed tic… and this was back in the early days of DQ. that build that was mentioned was a Bleed focused build, and the ability to do damage has gone way up since then. I think there are more recent posts of players getting Trillion Damage and higher with Bleed.

I found this on another old post while looking for info on Bleed Damage Cap and thought it would help players who like using CC effects on enemies…

1. all enemies become immune to Control effects (fear, blind, taunt, stun, frozen) after 4 applications. And since players tend to do 100x attacks per second, enemies instantly become immune after the first application. XD Mulums specifically are immune to Stun and taunt.

my thoughts on Immolate & Blistering… I’ve been doing a lot of thinking on the descriptions for both of these and could be wrong, but here I go.

Immolate - the description in the Codex says it does 100% of Fire Attacks damage a second for 4 seconds, while the affix description on the Item says it does +100% DoT damage. I haven’t really tested it, but it looks like it does 100% of attacks damage a second for 4 seconds, similar to Bleed damage.

Blistering - +100% of Fire DoT damage as Bleed Damage (I don’t know if this is based on Fire DoT or Immolate DoT, but I think it might refer to Fire DoT). Fire does 40% attack damage as Fire DoT a second for 2 seconds. Blistering would then do 80% attack damage as Bleed every second for 10 seconds. now if you have +600% Blistering with +350% Bleed Damage would be Fire DoT x 12.6 for bleed damage (I think I did the math right…) 0.4 x 7 x 4.5 = 12.6. and if you don’t know, if the attack was a Crit Damage the Fire DoT would be higher, and also, each Bleed DoT has a chance to do a Critical Hit. and if you have Deadly Strike… 12.6 x 5 (max crit damage) x 2 (Deadly Strike) = a small chance to do x126 damage on a Bleed Tic! umm, with +60% Crit Chance and +60% Deadly Strike, 36% of your Bleed Tics on average could get a Deadly Strike! just think how crazy the bleed could be if the original attack was a Deadly Strike and then some of the Bleed Tics got a Deadly Strike on top of that?

all 3 classes have at least one way to really boost Bleed damage, either directly or indirectly with Talents or Skills, and then there are Item affixes and Sets on top of that. because of this, I would think that each Classes Max Bleed Damage might be a little different, but still crazy high no matter which Class you use.

if you can, you might want to figure out the build on paper first, do the math to find the bleed damage potential, and tweak the paper build until you think you have done your best, then build it in the game and see how it does for real…

2 Likes

Bleed chance can be 100%, and without a single bleed chance affix if we use Scalp.

Please confirm.

1 Like

True, Scalp is the only 100% Bleed Chance. I haven’t checked, but some other skills with Bleed Chance affix might also get 100%, but as I said, not sure. they would at least have a higher chance… plus, if you put 20 points into Scalp, you get +50% Bleed Damage, +100% if you go to Scalp 40.

2 Likes

I have Scalp 40 and haven’t used bleed damage affixes except for your recent recommendation to switch out Critical Chance on my pet.

The OP makes me curious as to what I can do with Bleed Damage, especially with no cap.

1 Like

well, if your Scalp has an attack that does a million damage, and does a critical hit and just barely gets a Deadly Strike with max affixes (+60% Crit chance, +350% Crit Damage, +60% Deadly Strike, Scalp 40), and has +100% Bleed Damage (a 20 million damage hit), then about 4 of the Bleed Tics would be about 40 million damage, 2-3 of the Tics would be about 200 million damage (Crit hits), and 3-4 of the Tics would be about 400 million damage.

if you were using a Fire Build with some Blistering, hmm, the math is making my mind fuzzy for some reason… but Scalp 40 Bleed damage would increase the damage of the Blistering Bleed also by +100%

umm 400k (40% of 1 million) x 2 (from Scalp) x2 (from Bleed Damage) x2 (from 1 Blistering) = 3.2 million Bleed Tic a second for 10 seconds. the number would be higher if I did 40% of the 20 million (with crit hit & deadly strike) and of course the Bleed Tics have a chance to crit & deadly strike… is that a Warrior with the Scalp? Warrior Berserker Talent Tree is great with Bleed Builds…

1 Like

@Golem @DJC
.this bleed damage thing still unknown, but so far it can kill legend enemy with only one hit when bleed damage turned into critical bleed damage…
.so it will work better if we added CRT & CRD on our build…
.i just doesn’t think i have enough resources for further experiment on bleed damage…
.but also my knowledge still limited…

*Note : this still raw build far from good…
.i think it will work, ill gather more resources to perfecting this bleed stuff…

1 Like

can’t see the video…

I did hundreds of billions damage with Crit Damage & Deadly Strike, and I think I had Brutal Mythic at the time with an Ice Build, but without the Frozen Set. I’m thinking I might be able to finally get into the Trillion Damage Club, but that’s one of my many DQ Projects.

3 Likes

images (37)

Xamall just one hitted the Epic Boss :laughing:

2 Likes

.still workin on it…

2 Likes

True question is how much litters in Blood they lost per hit

1 Like

I think they lose 100 liters of blood for every liter of blood in their body…

1 Like

.depending on how higher the floor…
.i think mobs in floor 777 have around 50 billion health points…
.honestly i don’t really know the measurements…
.but i think crushing blow is the best for pve…

1 Like