Bug: Lose progress, dropped back to floor 200

This has happened twice in the last day. I have to buy a map as there is no cartagrapher on L200 for me. That gets me to L201 and from there, it’s kill one cartagrapher to get to the next level. However, at some point, I choose to open the next map and Dungeon Quest just hangs. I have to hit home twice, go into applications and “force stop” DQ. When I launch it again, I’m back to L200. The leaderboard still shows that my highest level is L221. I don’t know that I got as far as L221 the second time that I had to restart the app when it hung again.

Screenshots available.
V1.7.4.1 Fire TV, Nyko Playpad Pro controller, using Amazon’s gamecircle not play store.

I have uploaded my characters to my DQ acct. At this point, I’m going to clear data, clear cache, uninstall, reinstall.

[quote=“snowman”]This has happened twice in the last day. I have to buy a map as there is no cartagrapher on L200 for me. That gets me to L201 and from there, it’s kill one cartagrapher to get to the next level. However, at some point, I choose to open the next map and Dungeon Quest just hangs. I have to hit home twice, go into applications and “force stop” DQ. When I launch it again, I’m back to L200. The leaderboard still shows that my highest level is L221. I don’t know that I got as far as L221 the second time that I had to restart the app when it hung again.

Screenshots available.
V1.7.4.1 Fire TV, Nyko Playpad Pro controller, using Amazon’s gamecircle not play store.

I have uploaded my characters to my DQ acct. At this point, I’m going to clear data, clear cache, uninstall, reinstall.[/quote]

Unfortunately any game crash or player force stop will result in this. If you have not picked up a map from the floor you are on, you return back to floor 200.
To ease the pain a little, buy a second map, ever 10 or 20 floors as backups for any instances like you described. This way saves you from starting at 200 :wink:

Okay, I have some additional information. I can’t seem to reproduce the issue at will, but it does happen with some frequency.

When I finish a floor and go to the next floor, there is the screen that shows an option to purchase something from the store in the upper right corner, and a “Press A to continue”. The issue seems to occur when the progress bar moves forward, but then jumps back and a different item appears in the “ad” in the upper right corner. This is just prior to the “Press A to continue” message. When this happens, pressing A does nothing and it appears to be locked up. However, if I move (using the left thumbstick) to the “ad” area and press A, it takes me to the store. Pressing B drops me into the dungeon. I’m not sure if the game loses the “focus” of being on “press A to continue” (though I would think not as it drops me into the dungeon).

To reiterate, the bug isn’t that I’m dropped back to floor 200, as JesteR pointed out. For example, if I finish level 221 and kill the Cartagrapher, I get a map for level 222. I open the map, click A to continue, but since I’m not shown the dungeon screen, I thought it was locked up and had to kill the game and restart it. As such, I had used the map to open level 222, it’s just that the game hadn’t ever actually shown me the dungeon. Since I’d used the map, I had no map left to get back to level 222. This is the expected behavior if I were in level 222 and just lost power while playing.

An enhancement request would be to “save” the current level map as soon as the map gets loaded (after selecting the map and hitting Y to use it). This would eliminate the frustration of having to start back at L200. So, after an unexpected restart, I would start back at L222 (since that was the map I was last on) but at the beginning of that map. That seems to be how it works if I force close the game while on L151, when I restart, I’m back on L151, but at the beginning of a map. – continued in next paragraph

It doesn’t appear that I get dropped back into the same MAP, just the same LEVEL, so upon further reflection, it appears that it doesn’t actually save the MAP, but just the level. If that is the case, then perhaps allowing players to choose any level that they’ve already completed would be a solution. The issue then becomes that essentially, L221 is really just a map with special features (like a rare or magic map that is gained in L100-L199). As such, it could be a way for a player to get a difficult map (I HATE skyfall), just force close the app and re-open in an attempt to get a more favorable map at that level.

This brings me to the question of whether “level” even matters on a map. Does the “level” of a map determine the strength of the enemies? It would appear so, as I can take my L99 warrior to a L1 map and never have to swing a weapon as my “wrath” attacks them anyway.

So, through all of that, I’ve offered an enhancement request, then turned around and gave two options, both of which don’t seem to be optimal, but sure beats getting dropped back to L200.