Can't Attack while moving/running

Hi
I am having problems with the game. My character can’t swing the sword when moving or running.

1. I tried changing the control settings from default dynamic thumbstick to thumbstick bit still not workng.

2. I tried lowering the graphics settings with no success.

3. I tried using a different device an iPhone 7 plus and my character can attack while running.

My device is a Xiaomi Redmi 8A and just recently updated the android OS.

Is there any other steps I can do to resolve this?

Thank you!

2 Likes

You don’t have any problem. There are few attacks which could let you move like charge and whirlwind but in most of the attacks that the game provides you can’t move while you attack, is just the game mechanic.

2 Likes

I have the same issue. Any tips to fix it?

1 Like

some attacks immobilize you when used. like a Wizard using Comet. some Attacks can be used while moving. like a Wizard using Twister.

I have recently discovered that if you reduce the Cool Down low enough, you can’t move. Wizard Orb Skill has a CD of 1 second. with CD, I have gotten the CD down to 0.3 seconds. I have a +10% movement and can’t move while casting Orb continuously. with CD of 0.5 seconds, I can move. although I haven’t tested it yet, I think if I increase my Movement Speed even higher, I should be able to move while casting Orb, even if I get Orbs CD to 0.2 seconds or better. 0.2 attacks a second is 5 attacks a second, so you would have to have your Movement speed fast enough to move at least a yard or more in between each attack.

also, as @Ariel said, it is just part of game mechanics. I would suggest finding a Skill you like to use that allows you to move while attacking.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s what he meant because I have the same problem and they aren’t with abilities. We mean whenever he tap/click while moving our character doesn’t swing his weapon, but he does when we stand still. Now this is getting really annoying and I might just quit soon because of it so please reply.

a Warrior using the Flurry Skill can either move or use the Flurry Skill, but not both at the same time. as far as I know, most of the Primary Skills wont allow you to move when being used. a Rogue who casts one or both of her Boomerangs can then move, and the Boomerangs will follow until catching up with the Rogue, damaging any enemies along the way. that Lance Primary Charge skill jumps you towards the enemy to damage it.

Wizard can’t move when using Comet, Blast, Pierce, or Barrage (All MH Primary Skills). they can’t be used while moving. this is just part of the game mechanics.

skills with cool downs can be cast, and then you can move while holding the skill button until the cool down is done, at which point you stop to cast the skill again, and then can move or cast another skill…

I know there are some games where you can move and use a weapon at the same time, like in Neverwinter Nights or some other rpg type games.