Class Feedback - Rogue

You won’t be disappointed, that’s for sure. Many amazing things will happen.
Since there are still many bugs left to be fixed, you guys have to be a bit patient.
But in the meantime, you better farm for MS and stuff. :smile: Good luck!

1) What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?
pistol firing speed combine with storm proc. the feel when my screen is full of ice shards falling is too good. add some mirrorimages make it nearly perfect.

2) What build(s) do you currently prefer?
pistol + mirrorimage + multi attack. it look like I’m Mafia with some bodyguards.

3) Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?
change dagger’s skill pls. maybe blink to attack all enemy in range. or at least make it can walk while slashing.
also, 4 max mirrorimages is not enough for me.
vial first skill,trap,bomb and chakram should be change or improve some way but have no idea.

4) Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?
item drop behind the wall.
pistol sometime can’t attack enemies that too near. bullets will go through them.

5) Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Rogue?
No idea at all.

6) What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Rogue?
multi attack and storm proc (have just try storm and meteor now)

7) Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)
Set that change skill to rouge skill, like battle mage and spell sword.
legend pistol that have 2 or more proc like maelstorm slicer or vacuus scipio.
more proc. maybe laser that chain to 4-5 enemies.

8) What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?
upgrade dagger.
bug fixed.

[quote=“CentraBPM”]You won’t be disappointed, that’s for sure. Many amazing things will happen.
Since there are still many bugs left to be fixed, you guys have to be a bit patient.
But in the meantime, you better farm for MS and stuff. :smile: Good luck![/quote]

Momentum was already good. I am curious to see how they make it better!

[quote=“nova5225”]
vial first skill[/quote]
nah man. CoatWeapon is legit. Pair it with Scattershot+Poison and you have yourself a mobclearing skill. Swap, however, needs to go.

[quote=“JTmon”][quote=“nova5225”]
vial first skill[/quote]
nah man. CoatWeapon is legit. Pair it with Scattershot+Poison and you have yourself a mobclearing skill. Swap, however, needs to go.[/quote]

The problem with Coatweapon is that Scatter Shot is the ONLY skill you can pair it with. It also prevents you from using Proc items, Ambush, Trickster and etc. It is a very 1 dimensionnal skill. The damage is fabulous with Scattershot especially with the “jewish build” and Chakram weapon. You also need less of the usual affixes thanks to 100% crit and being Special Only (no need for increased crit chance or multi attacks).

The only thing I do not like is its lack of versitility which rogues are known for. If it is the build you are going for, then do it! You will not regret the high damage you will be able to consistently output. Maximum of 60% crit/elemental crit? Che, Coatweapon = 100% baby! :sunglasses:

So I tried using Coatweapon with Scattershot to see how it went. I used poison element because Poison Critical is Toxic which is supposed to deal 4x original damage I dealt. If my Scattershot does 2m, then the Toxic “should” have done 8m. But it doesn’t it. I have absolutely no idea how much damage Toxic does. Also while the Toxic is still active, the enemy is poisoned or there is a trap somewhere on the field. My Coatweapon becomes absolutely useless!

Please fix the bug where Coatweapon’s buff is removed whenever ANY form of damage is dealt and change it so that It applies you actually issue an attack command. The game has a lot of DOT(Poison, Fire and Bleed), multiple attacks (extra attack, multi attack, pierce, ricochet), on going spells (IE:Traps, Toxic and Mirror Image) and many items have procs (Ambush Talent and various Item Affixes). I really thought Coatweapon would be good with Scattershot. But you can only use it with Ice/Shock element. I will do more tests with this weapon later but for now, I’ll be avoiding it like a plague.

[quote=“Unities”][quote=“CentraBPM”]You won’t be disappointed, that’s for sure. Many amazing things will happen.
But in the meantime, you better farm for MS and stuff. :smile: Good luck![/quote]

Momentum was already good. I am curious to see how they make it better![/quote]

what centra meant on “MS” is mythstones not movespeed

The way I play rogue, which is to find the fastest and most efficient way to clear maps, is incredibly disappointing and lame. I equip a pistol, lowest mana cost for best dps, and just spam the basic attack. The only thing i use my off-hand for is the affixes +crit chance +crit dmg +attack spd +extra attack chance, i use a mirror and the mirror image at best when active adds 5% more dmg but stopping to press the button means its completly not worth it, better to just hold down the shoot button.

There is so little need for me to play defensively because the hero points in strength and intelligence also give me 6000 armor and 600 resists and when doing 500k dps having just 1 or 2% lifesteal is more than enough to refill my bar with every hit. The only times ive been killed are with 1-shot explosions or when ive been frozen in large groups of enemies.

The reason i say pistols are better than the other 3 is because all of the other weapons have a huge drawback. Bows have high mana costs and shoot relatively slowly, chakrams don’t benefit from extra attack chance or attack speed becuase you can only shoot 2 at a time, and daggers are melee and therefore are slow at clearing because of the necessity to gather mobs or to move around a lot.

I really hope there is some way to fix the situation that the off-hand items are at, none of them are necessary or even useful to the point that i ignore them except for the stat boosts.

Heya! Extra Attack/Multi Attack on Chakrams will give them huge amounts in Weapon Damage instead. Yes, you can only shoot 2 at a time, but they have the highest Weapon Dmg overall for Rogues. Pair it with the Periphery Set and Mirror Images and you have a nice and strong build.

Since it’s an ease for you to breeze through maps, (I guess) you either have a pretty good gear or you are playing on a low Difficulty/floor (nothing wrong with that).
It won’t be that easy if you play on Mythic 1-3 and Floor 300+/400+ etc. :wink:

IMO, Bows are me better to me to clear higher floors (600+) on Mythic 3 for example. I only use pistols when I’m using my farming gear. Having the right talents on your gear depending on your MH/OH Weapon is important as well.

Have you tried crafting Mythic Items? There are some pretty neat OH Mythics, with unique skills to use. Also, put some hero points in your OH skills to get the most out of them. There are many builds where your OH come in handy.

Anyway, OH Weapons will get a ‘buff’ soon.

how about daggers? now i use daggers with special meteor

1. What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?
    Seem to have a decent flexibility for builds

2. What build(s) do you currently prefer?
    For farming: cyclone/mirror. For killing big stuff: pistol/mirror, with crit/deadly strick and cdr

3. Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?
    A buff for quick attack, maybe be able to move while swinging.

4. Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?
    As others have mentioned, ricochet doesn’t hit target if right in front of you.
    Also, it seems if you have 2 mirrors out, one in front of you, on behind, then use swap, you lose a mirror till you swap again or cast mirror again

5. Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Rogue?
    Not sure. Haven’t cared for the look of any vanity items thus far

6. What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Rogue?
    Crit, deadly strike, cdr

7. Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)
    I would like to see a skill that is highly mobile, as I’ve also been a fan of kiting builds

8. What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?
    Bug fixes
    Dagger buff
    Super high awesome mobility
    Maybe make the drop rate for legend pets a tad higher. Not rouge specific, but would be nice
    Whatever you, the devs, want to see!

The 2 sprites are perfectly overlapping each other. Nothing is lost.

[quote=“dnix”]
I would like to see a skill that is highly mobile, as I’ve also been a fan of kiting builds[/quote]

Use Vault.

[quote=“dnix”]
Dagger buff
Super high awesome mobility[/quote]

Bug fixes are tough but you got these given already. Ninja set for daggers and Vault buff.

[quote=“CentraBPM”]Heya! Extra Attack/Multi Attack on Chakrams will give them huge amounts in Weapon Damage instead. Yes, you can only shoot 2 at a time, but they have the highest Weapon Dmg overall for Rogues. Pair it with the Periphery Set and Mirror Images and you have a nice and strong build.

Since it’s an ease for you to breeze through maps, (I guess) you either have a pretty good gear or you are playing on a low Difficulty/floor (nothing wrong with that).
It won’t be that easy if you play on Mythic 1-3 and Floor 300+/400+ etc. :wink:

IMO, Bows are me better to me to clear higher floors (600+) on Mythic 3 for example. I only use pistols when I’m using my farming gear. Having the right talents on your gear depending on your MH/OH Weapon is important as well.

Have you tried crafting Mythic Items? There are some pretty neat OH Mythics, with unique skills to use. Also, put some hero points in your OH skills to get the most out of them. There are many builds where your OH come in handy.

Anyway, OH Weapons will get a ‘buff’ soon.[/quote]
Im playing on mythic 1 now, and pistols still 1-2 shot everything, i have max crit chance now and my current heroic skills setup is just 20 in ricochet and 13 each in strength and intelligence. with 2% lifesteal and bloodmagic i never even drop below 75% hp on most maps. Im only on floor 170 but thats just because i havnt played enough not because its difficult. There has yet to be any reason to play defensive or prioritize defensive affixes on any gear. Im excited to start making mythics especially after the buff, but so far just getting gear with crit dmg and attack speed seems to be a winning recipe.

Im really looking forward to the class offhand abilities becoming useful or interesting. I saw stealth is now ‘immortality’ for 2 seconds, but there isnt a reason for me to need that so far since im immortal from life leech. and mythic 3 doesnt add enough challenge from enemy dmg, it only slows down my farming by making everything 4 to 5 hits instead of 1-2.

You are still on low level floors that’s why. Mythic 3 enemies have 4x the HP of Mythic1. At floor 500+ even Very Easy monsters deal over 40 000 damage.

[quote=“SteigerBox”]1) What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?

2) What build(s) do you currently prefer?

3) Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

4) Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?

5) Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Rogue?

6) What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Rogue?

7) Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)

8) What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?

Your feedback is extremely appreciated and will greatly help Rogue become a better class :smile:. If possible try to number your feedback points so that your answers are that much more clear to us.

[size=120]Please keep all posts in this topic devoted to answering the numbered questions. If you have additional questions, please feel free to make a new post for them :smile:[/size][/quote]

1. The pistols are awesome! Uh… that’s it pretty much

2. Pistols and hit effects…

3. Make quick attack usable while walking… with its useless aoe it is the least amount of band-aiding that can make it as useful as the other weapons… same with flurry, and hey maybe every light weight weapon too. Also, Blink Strike and Blink Strike proc is very unruly… please confine its target selection to a small area… maybe a third of the screen?

4. Nothing specific

5. Occasional afterimages :smiley:

6. Crit, Crit dmg, Crushing blow, Storm proc, Immolate, Blistering, Deadly… i.e. DPS stuff for the fast paced gameplay

7. Some set that encourages dagger gaming… or modify the ninja set to make blinkstrike more useful (damage? Multi attack? Anything)

8. Aside from the above points, nothing much really. A few more weird sets maybe?

Oh, and please consider improving some of the lame (sorry about wording it that way) talents like deadeye, dextrous and remedy…

Mirror image is great, but their spawn range is somewhat limiting… their potential DPS gets wasted when they spawn in a weird place. Please also consider reducing the illusions’ spawn radius to a third or a half.