Class Feedback - Rogue

1) What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?

2) What build(s) do you currently prefer?

3) Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

4) Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?

5) Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Rogue?

6) What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Rogue?

7) Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)

8) What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?

Your feedback is extremely appreciated and will greatly help Rogue become a better class :smile:. If possible try to number your feedback points so that your answers are that much more clear to us.

[size=120]Please keep all posts in this topic devoted to answering the numbered questions. If you have additional questions, please feel free to make a new post for them :smile:[/size]

here are my feedbacks so far regarding rogue class:

1. ranged combined with agility, bread and nutella.

2. archer + smoke, so cunning

3. archery skills, so slow, and the charged one is somehow bothering me, since I’m no type of “tapping button styled” gamer. I used to hold my button to attack.

4. I alreadt told u that on my post. :smile:

5. scarf, cowl, anything around the neck.

6. quick attack, I wish I could reduce my cooldown using bow.

7. definitely yes. I would like to see a rogue cast a comet amd meteor, or warrior/wizard blinkstriking enemies. so there’s no “rogue skills envy” syndrome. oh, and don’t forget to check my new set bonuses on legend design contest. lol.
    (is this specific enough?) :smile:

8. don’t make me do this. *sigh

• face retouch
  • vanity
  • bow speed increase
  • mind coat weapon (it has a potential to be underused)
  • move speed increase.

thank you.

DQ rocks!

[quote=“SteigerBox”]1) What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?

3) Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

4) Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?

7) Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)

8) What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?

Your feedback is extremely appreciated and will greatly help Rogue become a better class :smile:. If possible try to number your feedback points so that your answers are that much more clear to us.[/quote]

1. I like almost everything about this class. You guys did an amazing job designing this class! Don’t change it!

2. I actually love the poison build [emoji16] I use it with pistols (and daggers when I’m in the mood).

3. Hmmm… This is a hard one… I think the daggers need some work. I don’t know if it’s just me, but quick attack seems really weak. When trying to kill bosses or elites, I feel like I’m just tickling them lol only thing that makes it viable is (for me) is building storm proc or something along that line. Also, the bow… Oh the bow. I don’t know about anyone else, but I avoid using the bow just because of the charge skill… I just don’t like it…

4. Only one I’ve noticed is the pistol one where if the enemy is in your face your autos won’t hit them.

5. Idk…

6. I’m a big fan of the poison and toxic stuff. But I think anything with plague should give more dodge since it puts AR into HP. I like crit chance, attack speed, crit DMG, and crushing blow is essential for high lvl play.

7. I’d love to see a buff duration indicator since I like using the vial.

The bomb is cool, but vault should be changed to do some aoe DMG like the wizard’s teleport in my opinion.

A cool down mechanism similar to the blink strike with daggers would be awesome for the invisibility for the vial.

Idk I can’t really think of any additional skills that would be needed for this class. Like I said, great design! The bow needs work though.

• Rework the bow
  • Give quick attack (dagger) a little more impact.
  • More dodge or a similar mechanic to make up for the lack of resists and tankiness with certain builds. Idk… Lol

I apologize if my feedback was a bit lackluster. I don’t normally do this stuff, but I just love this game and would like to see it improve! Great job by the way devs! [emoji122]

1. What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?
    [color=#FF0000]Short of a couple of things the rogue is near perfect[/color]

2. What build(s) do you currently prefer?
    [color=#FF0000]Pistol/Mirror and Pistol/Bomb[/color]

3. Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?
    [color=#FF0000]Bow charge while moving[/color]

4. Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?
    [color=#FF0000]As mentioned previously, using pistols, when mobs are directly in front of you, main hand skill does no damage[/color]

5. Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Rogue?
    [color=#FF0000]A steam punk transmog set, top hat and welders goggles, even pets get mechanical attachments, leg for dog, wings for fairy etc. Transmog sets could even be IAP’s [/color]

6. What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Rogue?
    [color=#FF0000]-N/A[/color]

7. Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)
    [color=#FF0000]-N/A[/color]

8. What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?
    [color=#FF0000]1. Pistol bug fix

1. Bow charge time while moving
  2. Transmog set :wink:
  3. Surprise me ! :wink:[/color]

[quote=“SteigerBox”]1) What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?
TRAPS! Actually I would love to see these taken from the rogue and given to a class dedicated to various traps and towers! (If you’re interested in this at all, I will gladly share my ideas on this)

Ranged combat.

I’m still working on my first rogue but I’m going trapstress all the way.

The dodge stat needs to be more greatly affected by power point allocation.
.5% increase, considering dedicating points to this prevents pouring points into health.

Also I would like to see traps have health or a detonation count that lowers every time it’s set off. In other words , don’t treat it like the skull and skulldra. Limit her to X amount of traps, increasable through a passive ability (similar to the wizards legion skill). Separate skill could increase detonation count.

Might just be my aim, but my multi shot seems to miss my intended target more often than not.

Cloak!!! What kind of self respecting rogue DOESN’T don’t a clean of questionable origins in order to obscure his identity from local guards and events!?

If copyright would allow, an “assassins creed”-esque skin.

Anything that benefits my traps!

As mentioned above, I would love to see traps be altered to be permanent until destroyed (either by being targeted and killed like summon spirits, or by being set off X amount of times), then add skills to support this. A skill to increase trap count and one to increase detonation count.

Either increase focus on traps or take them completely for a " hunter " style class that uses only shares, traps, towers, etc.

Tweak the dodge increase value.

Your feedback is extremely appreciated and will greatly help Rogue become a better class :smile:. If possible try to number your feedback points so that your answers are that much more clear to us.[/quote]

1. What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?
    I really like the bomb!

2. What build(s) do you currently prefer?
    Dagger/bomb with the ‘deadly strike’ (or something) set and at least an item with blood magic for that extra survivability)

3. Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?
    I dont know how you would do that, but the trap needs (in my opinion) some buffs. Same with the vial.
    Most people probably just use mirror or bomb now, as far as i guess.

4. Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?
    Blinkstrike bug. Nuff said.

5. Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Rogue?
    I really like the assassin shoulders, so maybe a head item like the assassins creed cap kind of thing. Maybe cloaks?
    And maybe a ‘hunter’ vanity set… like bear claws, bear fur, bear headdress or like a ‘wolf’ helmet…

6. What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Rogue?
    Crit damage and crit chance. I also really like the concept of the chakram, even though i dont use them too much
    (so damage on return, razored, the vampiric set…) and of course the ‘deadly strike’ (or something) set affix, even though
    i still dont get what the actual affix (chance to crit if crit misses) actually does.

7. Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)
    Maybe add a set affix, where you have a 5% chance (or somthing) to spawn the bombs secondary skill (that does damage) when using
    the primary hop skill. Preferably with a dagger as the mainhand weapon.
    A set affix, where blinded enemies have a chance to take damage when being blinded (like theyre tripping :stuck_out_tongue:)
    If i think of more, ill post them somewhere on the forum :wink:

8. What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?

1. blinkstrike fix
    2. vanity
    3. set affixes
    4. item balance
      those things are not in order of importance! even though the blinkstrike fix should take priority.

Like the Pathfinder Set, the vials 100% Element Crit chance for the next hit.
Flintlocks are fun too!

1. What build(s) do you currently prefer?

I prefer the spellsword build, with a ascendent chakram, cataclysm, nadroji’s necklace as well as a blood magic vial and a pathfinder hat.

1. Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

I actually don’t like the Blink Strike ability. Would be sick if it would be changed to leaving a crater behind for a few secs after jump-rushing to the nearest enemy, damaging all enemies which “step” on the crater. (Not the same graphics as Meteor)

1. Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?

Actually no bugs at the moment , that hinder the gameplay.

1. Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Rogue?

Yeah a glowing cape/hood would be sick or something Robin Hood orientated.

1. What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Rogue?

Extra Attack chance, Crit. Damage Increase, LP Leech and any sort of “Proc”.

1. Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)

I thought about a legendary set, which summons a magical hammer on attack around you, whirling around enemies and chain damage them. Element of the Hammer depends on the Main- and Off Hand Weapon Elements, means that there is a chance of having one of these elements applied to the hammer on attack. Multiple Hammers (3-4 max).

1. What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?

New (unique) Vanities only for Rogue!

Gain Extra Movement Speed when in “Stealth mode”.

Changing (=Buffing) Bows/Daggers/Chakrams attack behavior.
Charge bow while able to move.

New legendary set items (read above ^).

[emoji4]

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

Most have already said these things.
I like the bomb and pistol setup best.
I feel the trap is too slow to setup. Perhaps having a way to lay all 3 at once around you.
I think I don’t use the vial because I’m not sure its working or how long it lasts. Perhaps some sort of obvious buff on oneself to let you know its on you and working.
The bow. I love bow chars right after mages. So I’m disappointed that it doesn’t work the best. The primary shooting of the bow uses way too much mana. When you try to use secondary its always “low mp” IMO the primary shooting shouldn’t use mana at all just make it your basic shot.
I haven’t run into any bugs with her yet. I’m only about 40 on her.
I’m not into technical stuff so I’m not the best on what works best numbers wise. My choices tend to be what I have fun with even if I take longer to clear a level.
I like the different types of outfits she has. Pirate hat o yea. Where’s my parrot pet? I like the idea about steam punk. Personally can’t think of anything else.

pistols

pistols and smoke bomb

1. Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

May be my rogue is low level but I don’t understand how to play it with chakrams and when it’s better to use vial instead of other offhand weapon. Traps are really useless (I liked in one game traps that explose enemies corpses :smile:
Pistols are also better then a bow. And in all ranger is much more weaker than mage with it’s huge aoe, dmg and mobility.
It’ll be great if chakrams will rebound from enemies.

1. Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Rogue that hinder gameplay for you?
    If boss or any enemy which drops items die near bottom wall, items are dropped out of the map. Not only Rogue bug.

2. Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Rogue?
    N/A

3. What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Rogue?
    I can’t tell now because I haven’t tested them all at high lvl.

4. Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)
    Legend which gives you perma invis before using skills

5. What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?
    Balance weapon types and skill builds so it’ll be good to use both.
    Also simple attacks of rogue and warrior cost too much mana. It’ll be better if simple attacks cost 0 mana or have very low manacost.

Sorry for my English.

1. traps and pistol are great.
  2. see #1
  3. I’m not even sure what I have. And I’m lvl 80 :smile:. I kill most things off screen and pick up loot. Reminds me of bowazons in diablo 2
    4)not really
    5)ehh… Can’t see my guy very well from above… But maybe like footprints or a flame trail when I run?(no damage…just looks cool)
    6)ambush I like… Not really sure. Haven’t built any items yet. But I do 500k crits and crazy fast
  4. auto looting from a distance? Like getting pet to pick stuff up for you not just gold
  5. exploding ammo?
    Exploding traps? Like mines?
    2 handed knife fighting?
  1. Attack speed of Pistols.

2. Pistol/Bomb with Spell Sword. Its like the pistol becomes a grenade launcher.

3. I’d probably change the bomb skills. They take too long. It would be nice if the special wasnt a jump back, but more like smoke bomb and teleport back. Kinda like how ninjas do it but instead of leaving behind a block of wood we leave behind smoke+bomb which does splash damage over a wider area. For traps maybe the enemies actually get stuck even just for a while on the traps?

4. Actually the main reason why i came here. Using “Spell Sword” the Meteor ricochets (therefore its a bullet). Using the pistols Ricochet attack, the bullets work for Ricochet, Propulsion, and Ambush Talent (therefore Ricochet attack uses bullets and are projectiles). However, using Spell Sword, the Meteors, don’t work for Propulsion and Ambush. Using Living Force however, the Meteor comes back (therefore Meteor is a projectile).

In summary, it seems that there is a bit of a difference on the usage of term “Projectile”. In item descriptions there doesnt seem to be a difference in projectile types, but when applied to different skills and talents, there is a huge difference.

I dont know if this is a bug or intentional. I think being a very soft class the Propulsion and Ambush would come in very handy. But could also become OP due to the fact it splashes and knocks back.

1. Nope, would buy if it looks good though.

2. Usual attack buffs.

3. Prismatic Revolver: Kinda like playing russian roulet, but instead of having only one bullet, it has multiple different element bullets. Great for having a single weapon for any set. I know this can be crafted, but the cost of crystals and gems is insane!

For Set Affixes, maybe a new skill that improves Dodge with Crit Rate and/or attack speed bonus.

1. -ScatterShot, I wish it became like a shot towards the heavens, and the bullets fall (like Meteor) from the sky over a radius. Simply to get rid of having to come close to the enemies before firing. It will also become more auto-aimed.
  • Vials, too much of a support weapon. Plus the coat weapon skill works for one attack. Considering the rogue seems to be made for rapid attacks it kinda doesnt make sense to coat every time you attack. Maybe make it last a few seconds? Stealth skill, i dont really like it but have nothing to replace it with either. Overall vials are meh.
    -Bombs, need to do more. I use it like crazy but only because i get to move faster around with it. Thats it. The blind duration makes it so that you hardly have enough time to match it with Darkness talent.
  • A new weapon, like a submachine gun category. Insane attack speeds, despite having lower base damages, you can even drop the ricochet effect. This would come in handy for combining with skills such as Deadly Strike, Crushing Blow, Bleeding, Ambush, Propulsion, and others.
    -Mirrors are only good for the Mirror image. Its not exactly ideal for Rogues to teleport themselves right in front of the enemy AND THEN bring an enemy to the back. Especially since the only skill they have that hits all around is the chakrams special. Kinda feels like a suicide attempt. A, suggestion would be to project a mirror image in front, making the player invisible for a while (or just give it 100% taunt to lure the attacks), then the mirror image goes boom. Makes it a more active skill.
    -Traps, why dont we have the rogue Trap special skill set traps in a circular pattern around the player, which holds a monster that steps on the connection for 1 or .5 seconds. Then pressing the special again detonates the traps. I imagine it to be like the Skill of the Skeleton Boss who surrounds you with explosive fire stuff. This skill change will provide the rogue with protection.

Thats about all i can think of for now. What do you guys think?

1) What are your favorite things the Rogue currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?

~ Pistols and spellsword

~ Pure Power for dodge, for equips pistol, spellsword (chest, head, armulet), nova for ring, and vial

~ Mirror images, im hoping its able to attack on its own and the enemy able to attack the images

~ its not a bug but since Rogue class is almost an assassin in a way so dodge is the primary defence so dont you think 60% dodge is a bit low? And the coat weapon buff icon.

~ a cowboy hat maybe? LoL

~ i like crushing blow + weaken + deadly strike + atk speed + freezing

~ a knockback skill or affix would be great.

~ -mirror images able to atk on its own

• more dodge
  • a knockback affixes
  • coat weapon buff icon or make it atleast 3secs duration

“~and I’m also here just for the POPCORN…”

I like the fashion for each style of play (pirate, assasin, ranger),
but these equipment’s appearance change whenever i use talent (cs) which makes me think twice to use that stone
i wish there would be a way to preserve the looks while changing the talent on clothes :smile:

i like the crushing blow+dodge combo… it adds variety to the game and i don’t want to build the old generic Max-o-damage to get to higher floors

i would like to change the coat weapon into a buff skill with longer duration like 2-4 sec?, not just a 1 shot buff…
also make the bow’s skill change, it kind of looks like a pistol re-made…
or maybe yet, change the pistol’s scatter shot into something like raining bullets (similar to Gangplank’s ultimate on the game of LoL)

make dagger’s have an auto-attack skill (one that makes your character walk near enemy before attacking rather than doing it manually)

legendaries being stucked behind the wall…

eye patch, emoticon faces, new hair style, clothes vanity, cape, parrot, glitter effect on the body or make an aura like effect

i’m currently building gold,luck and item find combo with a set affix of goldvein and buccaneer… in the future, i’ll build something cool :smile:

1. Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)

make legends about bombs (farming type which includes gold, luck and item find)
make fauna’s gift viable for rouge so it can be a partner with glass canon build
this is all for now…

1. What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?

i would like the mp consumption for rouge to lessen since mp is practically not used on this class
all the things mentioned above :smile:

spellsword, fast attack speed with proc effect

spell sword with overload (with multi attack affix), offhand mirrage

change the trap skill, to “capture” (disappear on screen) monster for 10s (no effect on boss), reducing 1% armor and resist per second (boss still receive the debuff), increase 1% debuff and number of monster captured per “capture” rank, max 10 level, at first number of monster capture 10 (so max will be 20)
trap special, lay a claymore trap (deal more damage to each of the monster that step on claymore at the same time), and release all captured monster at the claymore trap at same time, damage formula unknown (i am not good in these formula)

change the bottle skill, to “asura” (deal damage based on existing mana pool, the more mana the more damage) to a single monster (melee range, the highest hp amount of monster), 5s delay, ignore resist and immune(50% on boss) recover 10% max mana and hp if the monster killed, increase 10% mana and hp gain per “asura” rank, max 6 level
change bottle special, to really stealth from monster, unable to be detected by monster, regen hp & mana while in stealth mode, receiving aoe skill reveal the rogue (example box explore, skyfall, poison cloud), cd duration all follow existing formula (and pls, remove the casting animation)

change the mirror skill, to “swap” the images use mh special instead of mh skill (effect last till the rogue unequip the mirror), “swap” efect remain the same with the existing one if no images atm
add effect to images, it can “auto” loot gold and item if the image near item (just like how the rogue pick items)

no idea atm

a new offhand item, skill is to “lock” or unlock the special(if lock, the special skill stop changing), special is “copycat” (able to cast the spell or skill that being hit by monster last time)

proc affixes (anything that auto happen while i’m normal attacking)

arcane legend set, affix A to change the monster element to arcane element by % chance on attacking (neutralise monster’s resist and immune maybe?). Affix B to cast “land protector” on self by % chance on being hit (ignore all damage and effect of aoe skill, aoe around same with meteor aoe on ground, duration 5s). Affix C to instandly “loot” the item and eqipemnt drop by the monster when killed by % chance. Affix D to increase item drop rate by %. Set affix to increase arcane damage by % proc affix on gears.

slightly increase rogue’s basic movement speed (this is what rogue should be, be agility !)
wider the dagger attack range
the chakram, rework pls (i never use chakram, except the spell sword chakram)

-> love the hero feat… it brings out the rouge’s true potential

-> currently have two builds, the stealth set with bow and a chakram burst damage…
i’m not a pistol and dagger user though :I

-> wish the current stealth would be like the coat weapon… where it doesn’t cancel out–whenever i re-activate it again
->wish vault would be changed back again to the last time :I
-> make coat weapon a skill that drains mana whenever its activated, it has unlimited duration but at the expense of mana drain… it can be deactivated again when you clicked the skill… so it would not be bothersome to button mash every now and then :I
-> make mirror have reflect instead of swap… it makes it more diverse and open to electrified build :I
-> deadly arts seems so useless after the deadly strike was revamped…
maybe it can be changed to support other build… dagger build perhaps? :smile:

-> throw sword proc, stealth proc and stealth itself :I
-> extra attack chance seldom proc when you already have 4 multi-shot
-> chakrams never return whenever they hit the wall (wish they would return so i would not avoid dungeon with so many walls)

-> would love to have an emoticon face (scar on the right eye to bring out their assassin warior look–and other emoticons)
-> pet vanity :smile:

-> stealth proc, multi-shot with bow :I
-> periphery for chakram

-> some legends already support my play style… (craving which has veil talent)
would like to see a helm with stealth proc on it though… it would be kind of cool :I

-> stealth proc and stealth to be not cancelled whenever its activated again…
-> coat weapon revamped :smile:
-> mmmhm? already said it above though… oh well

1. the cooldown of dagger?

2. dagger - storm option

3. the whirling blade…? Spinning too Widely

4. I think the bug is periphery CANNOT discount the charkram shot. I know the periphery is made for Juggling with Charkram. That case, First, the name of Periphery need to fixed.

5. Javelin…? Spread Javelin like Crescent.

6. The Strom proc

7. I think trap need EXPLODE option.

8. The fixes of periphery by getting its genuine purpose, Explode trap, … that’s it.

1. Versatility.
  2. Buccaneer build. Mythic difficulty is now a breeze.
  3. I find Chakrams a bit stale compared to other weapons but maybe because I havent tried any builds for it except Mirror Image + Whirling Blades. If I were to change it, maybe give the player the option when they want the chakram to return by repressing the skill key.
  4. When I use blinkstrike, sometimes it comes off short to reach the enemy. And sometimes when I blink in, she has her back turned away from the enemy wasting all the stun time just to turn around. Also guns can’t hit enemies/objects in melee range of the Rogue.
  5. Probably a flowing trail of elemental magic coming off her weapons. It would look freakin awesome in blinkstrike or whirling blades.
  6. Storm Proc. Rogue’s low cd makes this affix the best for this class.
  7. It would be awesome if the bow could serve a different playstyle. It’s way too similar to guns imo. Replace Multishot with a Charge shot that fires a powerful single arrow the longer you wind it, maybe?
  8. Stealth being actual stealth where enemies cant see you and would disperse immediately once I use it. Fixes to my answers 3, 4 and 7 I guess. Also more outfits that show skin :^D

The ranged options are near perfect!

I actually started as a Dagger Trap build and loved it but major bugs, game play issues, and harder to use for little reward caused me to like all 3 ranged MH more. For OH, I like Vault basic and Stealth special. The others are either bugged or are not special enough to warrant use.

I’ll answer both of these at once. Also I am using iOS 8 DQ 1.8 on an IPAD2.

Dagger:[SPOILER]
The idea behind the Dagger skills is very nice, quick small attacks to deal high DPS with an option to instantly close an insanely long distance and be next to the enemy. It just does not fit the current class. This weapon has A LOT of issues, especially when playing EP8 or late game. Being the only melee option of the class, it is far too weak to warrant use. There is abolutely no synergy with other Rogue skills except Stealth, which is so powerful and versitile that it can fit any almost build anyway. Heck, this weapon is actually disruptive when used with any other OH skill. Coat Weapon only works for 1 attack while daggers do 5/s. Swap, Vault and Smokebomb repositions you away from the target. Mirror Image summons attack the air around the target. Lay Traps and Sentry place traps behind the target. Stealth is the ONLY skill that works together Daggers…

Quick Strike’s CD decrease does not work when you are hitting Boss Monsters (did not test against Legend or Mythic monsters as I am still new to the game). None of the 4 MH Specials are powerful/synergistic/unique enough to risk going melee and dying just for reduced CD. Multishot knocks back the enemy. Reducing Whirlwind’s CD is pointless. Daggers have the weakest damage so bursting down mobs with Scattershot is best used with stronger weapons. Even the talents don’t help. Multilate and Relentless only reenforce these issues. And Bleed? Daggers have the lowest Damage of all MH weapons! Why would anyone choose to stay next to an enemy and wait a few seconds to DPS it down, risking death, instead of either Bursting them down with stronger weapons or hitting them at long range? Heck thanks to Ambush Talent and Mirror Image Skill, Ranged Rogues will always out DPS Dagger users.

Blink Strike cannot cross valleys and sometimes stops short/locks onto an invincible underground worm, falling fury or dying corpse. This skill is a very unreliable repositionning skill. When facing multiple enemies in the same general vicinity, you just cannot quickly choose which target you want to go on. Yes it has a small AoE but given the way it works it might as well be single target. Our goal is to go to the next floor but using this will sometimes cause you to Blink back towards the mob you are trying to escape/leave/lure and this become counter productive. Use a Fire/Poison weapon or manage to cause Bleeding using that 600% MH damage? No problem Quick Strike’s low damage will just override that big one you had reducing the DPS. If you cause a big wound, causing smaller ones later should not suddenly heal the bleeding. But in this game, only the latest DoT is used. It would be great if old DoT’s were not overwritten by new ones but instead just prolonged and only replaced if a stronger one is applied.

Fixing the bugs alone will make this weapon better but unless you change how it interacts with other skills/mechanics, this weapon will remain pointless. I recommend allowing Daggers to apply Ambush Talent as well so it does not lose out on DPS. It would be nice if Quick Strike reduced the CD of Procs and maybe OH specials too. Blink Strike should: a) never target enemies behind you even if they are the only ones nearby (you want to move forward in this game), b) always blink to the furthest target (you want to get to the next floor asap and away from the mob arround you) and teleport all Mirror Images next to the target so they are not uselessly attacking the air around you.[/SPOILER]

Bow:[SPOILER]
The Guided Shot is amazing but as others have said, there is no difference between Multishot and Scattershot except being much weaker and less item support (no item sets to increase its damage). I also recommend changing the Bow Special altogether. To what? I don’t know but I do not like the other’s recommendation of a charged attack since we already have that in Coatweapon.[/SPOILER]

Chakram:[SPOILER]
MrMaru’s videos are enouch to show that this weapon is in the right place with its unique and fun playstyle. Please fix the bug where the chakram just disapears when it hits a wall instead of returning. Also instead of making Whirlwind trow out both Chakrams, make it throw one at a time or independent from the 2 basic attacks allowing a more spread out AoE and uptime at the cost of damage. As you can see from MrMaru’s guide, constantly having Pheriphery proc is very important and manually casting Whirlwind is counter intuitive while providing no additionnal benefits. Please give me a reason to manually cast this skill. Replacing it with Blink Strike for repositionning or Scattershot for burst is currently a better use of a MH Chakram special.[/SPOILER]

Pistols:[SPOILER]
Diieter’s Jewish Gunner guide is amazing at showcasing the strength of this weapon and its unique interactions. The only bugs I have experienced is that sometimes the bullets just will not break crates and, since they are actually created at the end of the gun barrel, will not hit enemies that are too close to you. The later does not really need to be changed since it is a nice realistic feature and encourages kiting and distancing enemies.[/SPOILER]

Bombs:[SPOILER]
I live the concept of this weapon. Vault is amazing for moving to the next stage faster. I just wish the MS increase would last a few seconds after the summersault to allow abit more controlled movement and MH attacking. Smokebomb’s backflip and escape mechanic is counter productive with the goal of the game (to kill enemies fast and move onto the next floor). Currently replacing it with Stealth is the best, especially for end game. Maybe replace its backflip with a 100% dodge and increased Counter (for the duration of the smoke animation and when within the AoE of the smoke). The invincibility from the smoke would make it rival Stealth’s defensive capabilities while provinding alternate offensive options and play styles. Not only would these changes improve this weapon but it would have increased synergy with Daggers. Just imagine how cool a dagger/bomb rogue can traverse the land high MS, summersaulting and blinking towards enemies, then finally when attacks are about to hit, you disappear into a cloud of smoke not just avoiding all damage but countering them too![/SPOILER]

Traps:[SPOILER]
They are very strong. Lay Taps does an insane amounts of DPS, 5 traps at 175% OH with 3 attacks/sec = 2625% OH/sec. The problem is getting enemies inside the AoE of 5 traps. When manually casted, it always places traps in the same place (behind the enemy). All OH weapons have the same base damage and Ambush’s ease of use removes any reason to manually cast this skill. I recommend constant uninterrupted casting to place the traps in a pentagon around the Rogue. Please increase the AoE just enough so that all enemies in the pentagon are hit and maybe increase the WD of traps to provide incentive to use traps with traps.

Sentry currently does absolutely NOTHING. The fact that it uses 3 Laytraps at different positions causes many problems. UI DPS for Sentry is not displaying anything. Leveling up the Sentry Hero skill provides no benefits and just wastes precious skill points. What happens when you start casting multiple Lay Tray? Sentry traps disappear. It is difficult to be inspired by nothing but it also allows infinite gains and possibilities! XD I recommend making it summon traps independent of Lay Trap’s trap count in a bigger area around the Rogue with damage numbers to reflect the same DPS as 5 Lay Traps. Instead of just increased damage/stun Chance/Duration compared to Laytraps these traps should have a higher chance of Elemental Crit differentiating them from the normal traps. Imagine a Ranger Rogue with Bow and Traps in hand, protected by Sentries so that melee enemies have a tough time attacking due to being stunned by Stagger and paralyzed/frozen by Shock/Ice. When ranged enemies are attacked, BAM! They get Ambushed and are now also being stunned and paralized/frozen. For this to work properly, an increased Link range between traps is also required.[/SPOILER]

Mirror:[SPOILER]
You guys are very talented at bringing new life to established concepts! It shows with this weapon. I really like your unique way of implementing them. Bugs, weird interactions and Stealth are the only reason why I am not using this unique weapon.

Swapping enemies allows you to group them up behind, setting up for AoE kill and advance further through the floor. You can even teleport enemies from behind walls or across valleys to your position without even moving. Swapping Mirror images allows you to reposition your summons for more concentrated and acurate fire power (with all the images behind you, then will attack all enemies infront of you). All of these are great. Swap just does not work on Epic or higher enemies so they stop you in your tracks. Constant swapping of images provides little benefit and you don’t even leech off the damage so you deplete your resources greatly. But the biggest issue is just like Blink Strike, you can swap with enemies behind you putting yourself in great position to be eaten by the mob you created.

Mirror Image and Deception Talent allow for very unique offense and defense. Being able to proc multiple images using Trickster Set, Mirage Talent and Mirror Image Hero Skill provides amazing DPS boost. The increased duration thanks to Illusion Talent and Mirror Image Hero Skill allows Rogues to always have that maximum of 4 Images. These are also the same reasons to never manually cast Mirror Image. So what if manually casting mirror image can instantly give 4 images with one cast. Why bother when you can reach the image cap using Talents, Sets and Hero Skills? Since you can get all the benifits, why not use Stealth as OH special so you can be invincible while having 4 images? All Rogue OH weapons have the same WD so the only thing factor in their use is what their skills do.[/SPOILER]

Vials:[SPOILER]
This thing has extremes on both ends. Coat weapon is too weak and has little synergy while Stealth is too strong and fits any build. This is the reason why no one uses this weapon and just uses crystal to get stealth on other weapons. Again, all Rogue OH weapons have the same WD so the only thing separating them is skill interactions.

Coat Weapon is counter intuitive with the Rogues’s general specialty of low damage but high DPS (contrary to High Burst and low hit counts). The only 2 skills with enough burst and AoE to warrant use are Guided Shot (which can already do billions of damage without this skill) and Scartter Shot. I do not understand the benefits of leveling up the Hero Skill. Why have +1% movement speed when I am buffing my weapon? Besides I’ll lose the benefits on my next attack anyways and I have plenty of better distance closing skills. -1% duration… This skill has a duration? Nothing ingame tells us what it is. And how does this duration matter when I am constantly using skills for attacks, mirror image, and repositionning? There is no indication whether I have this on or not. There are no Talents, Sets or Affixes to directly improve this skill. Creating something that can proc this skill would only deter players from using Vials. Removing the attack limit also removes the uniqueness of this skill but there seems to be no other choice. Rogues specialize in high numbers of attacks per second. A single trap via ambush does 3 uncontrollable attacks per second. Also please improve the benifits of investing into this Hero Skill. Replace Duration decease with something like increased Proc chance for skill procs. But more importantly please create a buff icon or something that tells us whether we have this on or not and its remaining duration.

Stealth, the current be all end all of OH specials: “Need to kill enemies? No problem, 2x damage. Can’t survive? Here have invincibility. Those DoT are annoying you? Let me remove them. Wait! The goal of this game is to move to the next floor. Let me increase you MS while I am at it!” The complaints about casting Stealth while in Stealth is the only thing preventing this from being the only used OH on any class. Unlike Mirror Image, the 2x damage directly increases MH attacks and recieves the full benefits from all MH affixes like Extra and Multi Attacks. It also affects all Procs and everything other attacks too! With all the OH Procs available to the Rogue, there is little reason to use any other OH. Traps can be placed at a high chance via Ambush, removing the need of Lay Traps and Sentry. Trickster, Rogue Talents and Mirror Image Hero skill allows for constant max 4 images so why use Mirror Image OH Special? Smokebomb is bad and counter intuitive to advancing floors. This skill literally does everything. There is no uniqueness to “I do everything!” and no competition. I know other players will hate me but I do not want to be locked into a single OH Special.[/SPOILER]

Talents:[SPOILER]
Counter has no synergy with the Ranger build whose goal is to not let the enemies attack you by killing them or stunnning them before they can launch an attack.

Deadeye is useless, Rogues specialise in high attacks per second! 5 traps = 15 attacks per second. 4 Mirror Images = 5x MH attacks per second. All MH weapons have a high number of attacks per second. We are not a Burst class. Even when I am not attacking, I do at least 1 crit per sec thanks to DoT’s, Traps and etc. Make it a constant increase or change it to something that actually synergizes with the class.

Dextrous is also useless. We have high dodge. This game is about killing lots of emies. Mob=high number of attacks=high number of dodges. Stealth provides 100% dodge! Plus there is a maximum that Rogues can easily reach. Again make it a constant increase or change it altogether.[/SPOILER]

I don’t care about looks much.

I am still new to the game so I do not have access to all Affixes.

Bows, Pistols, and Chakrams are fully fleshed out and they are fun to play, with a special uniqueness to each weapon. I would really like better Daggers and OH weapons but with the bugs and issues stated above, I cannot see myself using anything other than a custom Crystal Bomb with Stealth as OH special.

[b]8) What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Rogue in the next few patches?
Priority of my feed back:

A) Bug fixes on Sentry.

B) Buffs for OH skills that is not called Stealth.

C) Variaty between OH weapons. They all have the same damage so the only factor between them is what skills they have. And since the skills are imbalanced, there currently is only one OH weapon Vault+Stealth. The other skills are far too bugged/weak and the available Procs privides little incentives to use them. I currently see no reason to use any other OH weapon during End Game except a custom Crytal Bomb with Stealth Special.

D) Buff daggers and dagger skills. They provide no benifits for going melee.

E) Change how old DoT’s always get replace with new ones even if the new one is weaker and deals less DPS. New DoT’s should only replace old ones if they deal more damage else they should prolong the duration of the old DoT.

F) Change the useless talents.[/b]

Your feedback is extremely appreciated and will greatly help Rogue become a better class :smile:. If possible try to number your feedback points so that your answers are that much more clear to us.

[size=120]Please keep all posts in this topic devoted to answering the numbered questions. If you have additional questions, please feel free to make a new post for them :smile:[/size][/quote]

Big wall of text. This was written before the reveal of the Ninja Set. I really look forward to it. However, the set seems to re-enforce my points about the Dagger. It still can only be used with Stealth OH and Blink Strike. You can remove D) off my priority list. Spoiler tag is not supported. :frowning:

You can also use it with other skills than Stealth. Stealth isn’t a must for this Set. And Blink Strike (Proc) may come from the Ninja Set Affix, who knows :wink:

Well in my wall of text, I pointed out what is bad about using other OH skills with Daggers. The only other semi feasible OH that functions somewhat well is Smokebomb because Blinkstrike will recover the distance lost.

For now, I will wait till 1.8.1 to say anything more. Given how amazing you guys are, I am sure many of my concerns are dealt with.