Class Feedback - Warrior

1) What are your favorite things the Warrior currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?

2) What build(s) do you currently prefer?

3) Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

4) Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Warrior that hinder gameplay for you?

5) Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Warrior?

6) What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Warrior?

7) Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)

8) What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Warrior in the next few patches?

Your feedback is extremely appreciated and will greatly help Warrior become a better class :smile:. If possible try to number your feedback points so that your answers are that much more clear to us.

[size=120]Please keep all posts in this topic devoted to answering the numbered questions. If you have additional questions, please feel free to make a new post for them :smile:[/size]

1 Assault, ice touch and sprint.
2 For higher maps crushing blow and block%.
3 I think that it would be nice that the sword have a %block chance.
4 Assault do not pass through the enemies. Auto target is hard to control even if it is unabled.
5 Mace.
6. Ice touch, Blood knight (after the update).
At last i think that it is unfair, that the rogue have skills like guns … warrior and wizzard look so primitive.

1. Movement speed and micro-requirement (positioning and such).
  2. Poison+bleed build with spell sword and various procs (twister/storm…)
  • Fustigate is just annoying for me. Knocks back the enemies, which get out of range. Change it to stun chance?
  • There are no analogues to Icebound/Iceberg talents for another types of dmg. I think these talents should adopt to the type of damage you deal. (or add Poisonbound/Poisonberg ? :smiley: )
  • I could never really understand the point of spears’ skills.
  1. A couple bugs reported already.
  2. None that i can think of right now.
  3. Might, sharpened (new), assault, brutality, lacerate and zealous.
    Affixes: crushing blow, crit/crit dmg, attack spd. totally love ignore resist on druidic chest.
  4. Saving ideas for legendary design topic;)
  5. Ability to choose character gender. Slight model update (the head is tooooo big imo).

1) What are your favorite things the Warrior currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?
When the set skill Ascendent is in effect, the damage from the talent Wrath becomes Arcane. I’m not sure if this is intended or not (it’s not documented), but it makes the skill much more useful. Please don’t fix it. :wink:

I use several builds, but most are Stone of Nadroji with 5 unrelated Legends.

My current favorite:
Nadroji, Blood Magic, Momentum, Ascendent, Rage, Plagued.

3) Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

Set Skills:

[ul][li]Terrashaper - Remove the Knockback
Terrashaper was a bit OP pre-1.5, and I agree that it needed balancing. Reducing the proc rate from 12.5% to 7.5% per level was reasonable. Changing the three attacks to all strike in the same location reduces it’s useability as an ad-hoc range attack, but also an acceptable change. The added knockback effect is the deal-breaker - the skill isn’t nearly as useful as it was for close-range combat. On the flip-side, it does work pretty well with a Maelstrom Charger, but then again, it did before the change too.

[/li]
[li]Druidic/Plagued - Change Poison DoT Damage to Any DoT Damage
Currently, both of these skills affect Poison DoT Damage specifically. They would be more useful, in my opinion, if they affected all DoT Damage (Poison, Fire, Bleed).[/li][/ul]

Talents:

[ul][li]Icebound - Change +% Frostbite Damage to +% Frostbiting
This skill doesn’t have any effect unless an item with Frostbiting is equipped. It would be more useful if it added Frostbiting directly, rather than increasing the damage from other items percentually. It also makes it slightly less ridiculous with two or more Frostbiting items equipped.

[/li]
[li]Fustigate - Make it do something else
When using this skill, I get the feeling that I’m the one being fustigated, rather than my enemies. One suggestion for change that I like:
[list][*]Debuff. Next attack on this enemy has additional +X% Crit Chance, and removes debuff.[/li][/ul]
So that every other main weapon attack would have extra chance to crit. Possibly changing the special debuff with Burning (fire affected) enemies or Bleeding enemies, and/or Crit Chance with Deadly Strike.

[/*:m]
[li]Clarity - Increase the maximum number of affected enemies
By my testing, only the first element affected enemy increases MP Regen. It would be nice if this were changed to a maximum of ~5 enemies, rather than just one.[/li][/list:u]

Items:

[ul][li]Totems - Revamp
I think Totems could be a lot more useful. It would help, for example, if the effects were centered around, and moved with, the player. I also think the skills themselves could be changed:

[list][]Primary: Taunt
Pretty much what Taunt does now, with a larger radius.[/li]
[li]Secondary: Provoke / Antagonize
A togglable version of Taunt. Drains MP constantly while in effect. Remains in effect until the player turns it off, or runs out of MP.[/li][/ul]
I think these changes would be particularly powerful while using a Lance.[/
:m][/list:u]

4) Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Warrior that hinder gameplay for you?
I’m pretty sure the affix +Flurry has no effect.

Executioner’s Hood.

No build is viable unless at least one item has Crushing Blow - and one item is all that’s needed. This may be an indication that it’s slightly unbalanced.

I typically go full damage affixes, although I’m a junky for Movement Speed. Since the introduction of Rage, my priorities have shifted slightly: Crit Chance has moved way up the list; Crit Damage has moved way down.

7) Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)
None at the moment. I may edit this at a later point.

8) What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Warrior in the next few patches?
Of the items listed in section 3, the change I would most like to see is the Totem Revamp.

But the one change I would like to see more than anything affects all three classes equally:
[ul][li]Random Talent/Affix Reroll
Several Legend items have random talents and/or affixes. It would be really, really nice if these could be rerolled. I can only express my frustration at having found the same item, more than ten times over, and never once with the affix I wanted. The easiest method for implementation would be to reroll all random aspects of an item at once (Talent and any random affixes).[/li][/ul]

1) What are your favorite things the Warrior currently (stuff you’d like to always stay the same)?
My favorites are Fate’s Travesty, Nadrojis and Thanatos.

A combination between Rage, Blood Magic, Spell Sword, and Nadroji items.

Sprint from horns can be use automatically. This would be great since you can boost movement speed for warrior.

I think bonus Armor on Rage set is not added correctly (tested with Thanatos & Aegis Armor).

A cape would be cool :smiley:

Harden, Might.

Yes, since warrior is a slow-moving class, I think it would be better to have an affix to let him move faster.

• New UI for tablet, I find it a bit hard to play on my 7" tablet (my hands are not big enough to reach potion buttons :frowning: )
  • My warrior’s head is too big compare to his body, it would be way cooler if he looks like this :smiley:. Anyway, why don’t you put this on Google Play?

The tank and reflect capability

Farming for electrified armor, nadroj amulet and a cataclism ring xD

Arreat’s face from d2 lod [emoji7]
diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Arreat’s_Face

Reflect, crushing blow, block, HP, defense

1. Axes and Hatchets “bleed chance”
  2. Ascendent, Bloodknight, spellsword, electrified
  3. Charge - Let you change directions in the middle of the manuever; also, i believe it needs a dmg buff.
  4. Fustigate – ITS AWFUL, Please, please, please remove it – first, warrior = melee build; second, ive had it knockback enemies out of the game boundaries — YIKES!
  5. Leech, Regen, MP Reduce

-> love the talent tree… offers a wide range of option to choose from…

-> i just integrated a cyclone on my warrior and works pretty well with terrashaper+torrent :I
-> would be building my balista build after i get a couple of those legends though… this goes pretty neat with poison+bleed combo

-> ugghhh, basic attacks are pretty much useless imho… :I
sword has crappy damage, hammer is slow, axe is meh and i guess the only thing i found useful was the lance…

make sword a little bit faster but not as fast as the dagger of rouges and make it more stronger :I
make hammer have a bigger aoe
make axe swing wider

-> all the offhand weapon is great and can stay as it is though :I

-> make the other talent tree of the warrior surpass the given affix :I

e.g. my talent affix says it adds % to my frostbite dmg… but i already have 200% frostbite… therefore i deemed the talent useless
for bulwark… i have a block of 60%, if i block an attack i can get addition % more block, hope those talents can surpass the given cap…
so i’ll strive to get those epic affix on my gears that adds my talent :I

there’s a talent where it can make block% to add damage to shield only!!
is it probable to make it on all OH special, not only to shield… :I
don’t like using that one very much :laughing:

cyclone works like a large taunt… but enemies doesn’t follow me when i move while using cyclone…
i’ll have to re-activate the cyclone again for them to move towards me… :I

more emoticons, weapon sheath would be kind of nice, back pack with a large DQ sign would be kind of nice though :I

love the talent affixes (e.g. wrath +5, prayer+5, frenzy+5) filled my character with lot of those and helped me on my quest a LOT :smile:

any item can be crafted easily after 1.7… so im hoping for a deviant new items that aren’t attainable via cs/ms

make some warrior’s talent surpass the given caps (e.g. block, frostbite) so they’ll be worthy of maxing out…
revamp of some basic attacks and mh damage :smile:
from my other suggestion on suggestion section
please add some more good elements and set affix to support some elements for the game to be more diverse…
tired of seeing those poison and frost combo though :I

-> Talent tree, skill set and melee goodness that offers diversity from other jobs :smile:

-> cyclone with terrashaper+torrent+ground stomp+storm = epic warrior :I
-> toss + spell sword build with mirror proc is never to be underestimated
-> would love to have some more builds…

-> basic attacks are quite forsaken and some of basic offhand skills are so useless or underused :I

sword has crappy damage,
hammer is slow,
axe is meh and i guess the only thing i found useful was the lance…

-> for the off-hand basic skills

shield and totem are quite underused or i just don’t see the significance on how i can build an effective set to complement the power of these tools

bash (shield) is just like a normal attack with ugghhh… puny damage :I
fear (totem) is just like a smoke screen replica of rogue… does puny damage and cannot find use of those sub sets :I
guess ill stick with toss or sprint for now…

make sword a little bit faster but not as fast as the dagger of rouges and make it more stronger :I
make hammer have a bigger aoe
make axe swing wider

-> as stated from my past feedback…
cyclone works like a large taunt… but enemies doesn’t follow me when i move while using cyclone…
i’ll have to re-activate the cyclone again for them to move towards me… :I

-> more emoticons, weapon sheath would be kind of nice, back pack with a large DQ sign would be kind of nice though :I

-> love the talent affixes (e.g. wrath +5, prayer+5, frenzy+5) filled my character with lot of those and helped me on my quest a LOT :smile:

-> any item can be crafted easily after 1.7… so im hoping for a deviant new items that aren’t attainable via cs/ms
-> some legends that have “item find on it” so warrior won’t feel like an outcast compared to rogue who’s newb friendly (they’re the only class with item find legends)

-> revamp off-hand basic skills :smile: :laughing:
-> revamp some basic attacks and mh damage :smile:
-> from my other suggestion on suggestion section
-> please add some more good elements and set affix to support some elements for the game to be more diverse…
tired of seeing those poison and frost combo though :I

1. What are your favorite things the Warrior currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )? The axe and horn.

2. What build(s) do you currently prefer? Spell Sword mixed with Living Force, with wrath added is an awesome combo

3. Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?

The hammer’s mainhand primary skill seems almost useless. It takes so long to cooldown (or whatever it takes to restrike) and beating a hammer against the ground seems like an odd skill.

The lance is too time consuming to use and requires lining the enemies up to impale them. More gross and disgusting graphic representation of the enemy being impaled would be interesting, but ruin the “family-friendly” graphics that is has now.

The axe primary skill is better than the sword’s primary skill, unless MP required to swing comes into play, the axe seems to have a wider AoE (more of the 360 degree circle around him is attacked).

Throwsword seems less useful than other skills.

Whirlwind seems like the best skill of any of the MH weapons.

1. Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Warrior that hinder gameplay for you?

Not a bug, but with wrath as a talent, destructables are automatically broken, and when a map affix of TNT is added, it can result in the character being killed by TNT. Perhaps that’s just “balance”

1. Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Warrior? n/a

2. What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Warrior?
    HP, attack speed, multi-attack, extra attack, toss, spell sword, living force, and of course, blood (can’t think of the name, the set affix that uses HP instead of mana).

3. Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific) n/a

4. What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Warrior in the next few patches?

The picture in the upper right corner of the screen while in a dungeon looks nothing like what I expect the warrior to look like based upon how he looks in other areas of the game, the promo graphic, etc. He looks much more “Roman” and noble than a stubby cross between a viking and a spartan (which is how I have him envisioned).

The weapons are so skewed that axe and horn beat their counterparts so handily. Hammers and lances are throw-away items for me. There is simply nothing that can be done with those weapons in their current form that makes me want to keep them. Adding whirlwind as the secondary skill for hammer is nice, but the primary skill is just not anywhere near the value of the axe. If I didn’t use spellsword, using whirlwind with the hammer would be my choice, but only because of the whirlwind.

With horn and spellsword, most of the fighting is ranged, which is nice (and why I use it), but it seems less like a “warrior” who seems to be more of a grinder than a ranged fighter.

Whirlwind needs to stay the same. It’s currently the best weapon skill available.

Anything that focuses on whirlwind, obviously.

Not to make it overpowered, but maybe make attack speed affect whirlwind. Currently, only +skills and -cooldown % affect the hit frequency of whirlwind. Currently, with 60% -cooldown % and rank 26 whirlwind skill, I get 2.5 attacks per second.

You’ll need to make it more mobile if you want the hammer skills to compete with whirlwind; same with swords, as those skills aren’t that great either. As of now, anyone who knows what they’re doing just change the skill of a hammer to whirlwind, then deck it out with crystal/legend affix. The difference in damage is way too big not to.
My Fate’s Travesty - 8632 - 14386 damage. That’s with 95.5% Weapon Damage and +4901 Weapon Damage.
My Judgement - 18178 - 30296 damage. That’s with 97.3% Weapon Damage and +5000 Weapon Damage.

None that hasn’t been reported.

I don’t pay attention to vanity items anymore.

Crushing blow, crit chance, deadly strike, crit damage (all 350% covered with Rage), basically the normal stuff.

New legends are always a good thing. Gives us more variety in choosing a build. I’m thinking more items that revolve around Reflect Damage affix. Also, let’s not have a cap on that (if there is).

Not sure.

1. What are your favorite things the Warrior currently ( stuff you’d like to always stay the same )?
    toss

2. What build(s) do you currently prefer?
    ice toss type

3. Which skills do you think could be great if changed somehow? How would you change them?
    scalp. the duration is too slow though

4. Are there any bugs that are currently affecting the Warrior that hinder gameplay for you?
    ballista’s knockback.

5. Are there any vanity items that you would like to see for the Warrior?
    anything similar to wings. it doesn’t really need to be archetype two wings.

6. What stats ( affixes ) do you usually prefer on Warrior?
    damage would be nice.

7. Would you like to see any new Legends or Skills added to support certain play styles? (be very specific)
    nothing at the moment though

8. What are the Top 5-10 things you would like to see done for the Warrior in the next few patches?
    the ballista knockback is my only concern right now :mrgreen: