Comfort Query for the Hardcore Players

I know that there are some 'round here that put tens of hours into Dungeon Quest. My question is: how do you play for hours on end comfortably? I can go through a map, maybe two, and be just fine. Anything more than that is awkward. Discomfort kicks in either because I’m hunched over or awkward neck angle for too long a period.

Gaming for hours on end isn’t an issue–I’m an avid PC gamer–it’s playing on a tablet, especially if and while it’s charging. If Dungeon Quest were on the PC in some format, I would most assuredly sink scores more hours into it than I am now. I’ve got an incredibly comfortable layout while using my compooter, which has been arranged to minimize general stress injuries typically associated with using computers. Such as tendon injuries developed due to, as one person I’ve heard put it, having a death grip on a mouse for many hours per day over the span of months/years.

I very much want to enjoy playing Dungeon Quest in comfort, and I’m not sure how others handle that. Or think about approaching the topic, for that matter.

Do you have access to a controller? There are a few mobile controllers that also come with tripod stands for your device.

Or, as an alternative, you may also try android emulators on PC and pair up a controller since you already have a comfortable setup… if the PC is not reserved for some AAA, this may work for you.

Are there any gaming controllers that I could use for both the tablet and on my computer?

[quote=“Rider of Dark”]I know that there are some 'round here that put tens of hours into Dungeon Quest. My question is: how do you play for hours on end comfortably? I can go through a map, maybe two, and be just fine. Anything more than that is awkward. Discomfort kicks in either because I’m hunched over or awkward neck angle for too long a period.

Gaming for hours on end isn’t an issue–I’m an avid PC gamer–it’s playing on a tablet, especially if and while it’s charging. If Dungeon Quest were on the PC in some format, I would most assuredly sink scores more hours into it than I am now. I’ve got an incredibly comfortable layout while using my compooter, which has been arranged to minimize general stress injuries typically associated with using computers. Such as tendon injuries developed due to, as one person I’ve heard put it, having a death grip on a mouse for many hours per day over the span of months/years.

I very much want to enjoy playing Dungeon Quest in comfort, and I’m not sure how others handle that. Or think about approaching the topic, for that matter.[/quote]

As tdaniel has already said, a controller / gamepad is essential for comfort, combine that with screen size, (ask your mum/wife/GF, size really does matter :wink: ), 10+ inch minimum tablet, or if you are lucky, a tablet with HDMI output. Gamepad + HDMI output to TV allows you to sit in a console playing position. Even better if you have a work place that is conscious about its workforce and provide you with all the latest ergonomical chairs for maximum seating comfort.

I will be honest with you, there is no way I could play DQ on a phone, I started playing on a 7 inch tablet, but my fat, chubby, sausage like fingers / thumbs, and old man motor skills / reflexes got in the way :mrgreen:

In addition to what they said, I can recommend using a sixaxis or a DS3 controller. If you are gonna settle for just one for both PC and phone, you are gonna change the bluetooth master address everytime you switch from PC to phone and vice versa, which may be inconvenient.

I’m quite sure there are other alternatives like the MOGA, which will definitely cover your dungeoning needs, but I don’t have any experiences in using one though. Some reviews of DQ in the play store said that the setup with DQ was a breeze.

I play on several phones and one tablet. With the tablet I use an iPega 9023, and works wonderfully.

I use a Moga Pro contoller. They are expensive, $80+, but they are comfy, reliable and easy to use/setup.