Crit/ deadly strike/ crush blow by poison cloud?

I see some toons with Green garden build that gets dmg from poison cloud and they have put a lot of crystal affix for crit chance, deadly strike & crushing blow on their gear. Do those work from poison cloud or would it be better to just put all +100% poison & +5000 poison?

How does crit/ deadly strike and crushing blow work on poison cloud and other AoE and DoT? Is a poison cloud only get 1 chance to make a crit/ deadly strike and crushing blow? Or can each tick of a DoT get a chance to make a separate crit/ deadly strike and crushing blow?

Lastly, would this be the same for all AoE and DoT actions like Storm and bleeding?

Thanks​:kissing_heart::heavy_heart_exclamation:
Anna

All of these can activate at any point that you deal damage to an enemy :smile:
Side note: you shouldn’t use +5000 poison damage do to the way the damage formula works but definitely do use 100% poison damage!

Thx griffin! :smile:

This explains why the build is so strong.

Ok I will make some changes to my poison wizard hireling. He’s pretty good at Floor 500 and just follows my main killing everything. :muscle:t3: Right now he has:

• Bombard MH for meteor
  • Cosmic Power/ Nova OH w mana shield & shatter (ambered)
  • Aftermath chest
  • Equality/ Harmony hat
  • Plagued/ Equivalence ring
  • Eternal Haunting necklace (+4 sets & +191% poison)
  • Druidic pet

What affix is best for the MH- poison dmg better than weapon dmg? And since u say deadly strike works for poison that mean for the chest mythic I should make Brutal?
Xo

Sounds like you have a nice build

Weapon damage straight up your mainhand weapon should simply have as much weapon damage on it as you can get :smile:

1 Like

Haha thx it’s not that good yet. I haven’t added obsidian affixes & many rubies yet bc I’m not sure what to put. But I am trying ! :smile:

The only problem w this build is on boss fights. It takes a long time to kill 1 strong target. It does best when big groups of enemies get poisoned