Critical or Elemental Damage?

Is it better to have Crit Chance and Crit Damage or Elemental DMG + and % on an item?

It depends on your build and the number of affixes you are investing.

I have a Warrior with Axe and Totem

I’m trying to have Whirlwind with Taunt and Torrent Proc and it’s going quite well.
My main damage comes from Torrents.

I have a Warrior with Axe and Totem

I’m trying to have Whirlwind with Taunt and Torrent Proc and it’s going quite well.
My main damage comes from Torrents.[/quote]

The info you have given means nothing. You have given no mathematical information to what is required to answer your math question. Compare what each affix gives you then choose the one that gives you the most benefits. The only differences between DQ’s DPS formula and other game’s DPS formula are:

1. DMG = (Base WD * IQ * % WD + WD + Power) * % ED + ED
  2. Crit Mod = (200% + Crit DMG)
  3. You are limited to 42 affixes and 7 different natures. (Yes, pets have a nature)

Plug in the numbers and solve.

Thank you Clogon for pointing out what’s the formula!

I thought you asked the playing style and what I use to damage and in this case if I hit a lot I would go with one or other solution.

I only ask this because my resources are limited and I cannot reroll the affixes forever so I might loose my DPS and get stuck in some floor.

Cheers!

Thoughts on high critical damage + % + dodge\block… And recommended sets to achieve with my warrior.