[Discussion Only] Cheaters & Hackers

how can this guy apply huge dot damage when i have perseverance? and his scalp does 19k regular damage?

1 Like

infinite hp??? i never saw his hp bar decrease. would never get taunted by twister.

1 Like

What fool uses cyclone in the arena ?. It don’t work. You just spin around like a dog chasing its own tail and you can’t cast spells !:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Crazy battle on divisions one 1v1 eternal league now. More player hacked the game.

2 Likes

how does the same character look different and this guy was teleporting me to him every 2 seconds??? as far as i know there is no ability that teleports the opponent to you every couple seconds. or am i wrong? he also had extremely high defense and could one hit kill.

4 Likes

@anthonyc952421

although Legend Items can be hacked, the bigger problem is when Eternal Items are hacked. that is because Eternal Items are stronger than Legend Items, and many Crystals can’t be used on Eternal Items, which makes it easier to tell when they are hacked. the easiest way is to compare the suspected items to the Items listed in the Eternal section of the LegendEx, and the somewhat harder way is to know which Crystals can’t be used and then compare, and most difficult, memorize the Eternal LegendEx.

there are some Resource Systems, and some high defense Builds, that can make it look like HP/MP isn’t fluctuating. on the other hand, if after doing any research that it is possible for you to do, if you still think there is a hack being used, then go ahead and report it, and the Dev’s will check it out.

if you think there is a bug to report, go to the Bug Reports Thread or use the Bug Report Header when you make a new post.

the ??? is usually only for Players who are in Eternal League, but then there are some Players who share their Builds that have gotten them into Eternal League.

3 Likes

I thought that because some Legend and Set affixes are restricted and aren’t rollable, for example Barbarian or Push the Limit as well as others like Elements, Epiphany, Defiant, etc. - I suspect if you had complete manipulation over every affix, even on non-Eternal gear, you could still become far stronger than crafting items directly from the Legendex and using only crystals to modify affixes.

Because the ‘???’ are only found on non-Eternal gear it would be easy to conceal modifications. Hopefully this clarifies my suspicion on the ‘???’ affixes, and any way to identify items like this other than blindly reporting difficult matches.

It may be difficult to get a screenshot whilst playing otherwise if I experience it again I can make a bug report and give the name of the player I was in a match with to see if that helps recreate it.

It seemed to be a display bug because the character portrait next to the timer/scoreboard would not show a visual change when damage was taken/spells cast. The HP/MP bar above the character’s head would fluctuate, just not the big portrait.

I have to say many people such as yourself have shared builds and supplied a wealth of information on these forums, of which I am grateful to be able to access and learn from and appreciate the time everyone has put into learning this game’s mechanics.

2 Likes

no problems. I am actually a little weak in PVP. I have gotten up to Eternal Division 5, but PVP has changed a lot since then and I haven’t really done anything there. I know some stuff just from fighting in PVP, and the rest is from what others have posted.

my rule of thumb in PVP is that, no matter what a hacker or legit player has in Battle Arena, I just need to make a better legit Build to beat them down into the dust of defeat. I tend to have lots of ideas for PVP Builds, but always have to farm for stuff to make them, plus I like Climbing in Campaign more than doing a smack down in the Arena.

3 Likes

I mainly wanted the vanity items but was surprised how well it performed and kept going with it. I remember fighting Griffin’s summoner and it looked like it would be really fun to play he did really good with that build - it’s unique and the only one I’ve seen like it which makes the battle so much more fun. Those CV/BM builds 10 battles in a row are enough to put anyone off PvP :stuck_out_tongue:

For me charging around taunting with crushing flames in pack size maps making my phone freeze is still more fun :smiley:

I see it like this, whenever you kill a monster you are spinning the reel and hoping for the jackpot, same principle as gambling with no financial risk. There’s none of that RNG in PvP which takes out the fun if you look at it like gambling :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got Eternal div 4 1440 MMR in about 1 hour last night from common league 0 mmr in 30 matches (without a trophy and ilvl 50 pet) so I wouldn’t say it’s impossible at all just need to know what you’re doing somewhat - it was my first time playing battle arena and I’d never tested my build before… This guy is obviously on a fresh account to try and get good stats + he is a charge/vortex Tank warrior. If the AI is not set up he will demolish his opponents, he has a silence trophy as well so he can silence them, charge at them and they won’t be able to cast spells until he is on top of them casting his own spells/procs.

I’m not saying that’s what Sabotagex has done as I don’t know, but after a quick glance I can see in the hands of a capable player he can easily get those stats with his build.

3 Likes

Hey, I didn’t read the first post of this thread when I reported, sorry :wink:

I’m ac952421 in battle arena and I’m unsure where to put this, but it is relative to battle arena so here seems fitting.

I’ve noticed something within Battle Arena fights and I’m not sure if it’s a UI bug or something else.

Sometimes the big Enemy Character Portrait (not the HP/MP bar above the character model’s head) will not show any fluctuations with HP or MP, even when I can clearly see the HP/MP bar changing above their character model’s head when I hit them or they cast a spell.

I’ve only reported one person because I could explicitly tell they had edited items.

As the Item Affixes on other characters in pvp are all ‘???’ it’s impossible to tell if I’m having a fair match or not and I’m not reporting anyone unless I have absolute proof they are hacking/editing, ie. by looking at the combination of stats/values of those stats.

My question comes down to, is this a documented visual bug that is understood and nothing to worry about, or something else.

What other methods can I use to detect edited items or cheated characters?

2 Likes

Div.4 but try to get On TOP. So lets say you got 30 matches from common to div.4 , then lets say Take 13 matches more and Get that damn Top soot in eternal League div.1 if you got it post it here and ill Apologize to Sabotagex :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I think it’s irrelevant what I can do, you reported someone without any proof - if the mods have investigated it and they deem him to be cheating or exploiting or w/e then I will trust they are being truthful and he was cheating.

I did state I wasn’t sure what he had done to get those stats, I was just saying you shouldn’t be reporting people for the SOLE REASON they have a better winrate than you… I saw no other justification for a report in your post.

Your point was “43 matches only ? Getting the top 1 spot in Eternal League? :face_with_monocle: Its not that even possible tho. From Common League to Eternal Div.1 43 matches wont get you even in Div.3 eternal league”

So I am telling you that it is possible to get to Div.3 Eternal League within 43 matches…

Sabotagex has done what you are asking of me, so if I do the same will you report me as well?

By the way MMR seems to be inflated on new accounts so if I had an optimized build for PvP at +30 a win going from 1400, to +(13 matches x30mmr/win =390) 1790 would have been easily achievable if I didn’t lose any matches, 1790 MMR would be Top 1 spot btw.

After playing quite a bit and admittedly losing many times I’ve stopped at 1475 div.3 and will farm crystals to optimize my build so it’s more suited for the types of builds I am seeing frequently in Eternal League.

2 Likes

Sorry wrong thread, I didn’t see this is ‘Reports Only’

1 Like

If my post was hurting your butt then im sorry . My side was having a fair and square in battle arena . So if you can reach div.3 then why not try to reach on top. Just what i did . Try it man .

2 Likes

@anon77930588

if you use hacked items (items altered in a way not possible in DQ normally) in the Battle Arena, and someone checks the items and sees that they are hacked and then report them, then you could get banned by the Dev’s.

the Dev’s have said that they can’t do anything about players hacking items that are used only in Campaign mode, but PVP can be looked at to see items are hacked or legit.

basically, if you know which Crystals can be used on Eternal Items, or just compare against the items in the LegendEx, then you can know what items to report for hacking.

hope this helps.

there have been a few players who use hacks in their Campaign game but legit items in PVP, but all it takes is not paying attention one time and accidentally putting a hacked item in PVP. yes, there have been a few posts by these players.

3 Likes

If i were hacking do you think I’d stick to paralysis instead of elem crit? Check unreal hood stats and see if there’s any difference as just a bugged name for pre historic players. Also my eternal fanaticism must be really hacked to contain almost all the same stats(but not perfect), and not contain a gray affix instead a socket.

2 Likes

A fool with blinkstrike proc and earthquake proc making you the fool who cannot move

1 Like

Whats wrong with you reporting legit eternal items? Touch luck dropping them? I have that same aeth drain wand. I use it to show off how a wand can 1hit noobs in pvp with all other eternals having +2k elem dmg.

1 Like

maybe his account @aurarobert2321 in game got banned that’s why he Rage Report anyone SAD. :rofl:

1 Like