Does Dungeon Quest support Chromecast?

It sounds more like there may be an issue getting proper hardware codes from the two dongles.

If you have a PC you can pop in that wireless dongle and sync the controller. Then you can open controller option in settings and test out the buttons to make sure they all work as intended.

well I’m not sure how to check in “controller options,” however, I did open HTML5 Gamepad tester on PC and all of the buttons seem to work just fine, the D-pad buttons all register as 1.0 and the right stick centers properly and moves as intended.

ok if that works on PC then I would say that:

1. It could be you had a finger held on the rstick or the right trigger held down when plugging in the controller and it registered the “center” position for those buttons incorrectly. Solution: Remove batteries from controller, remove wireless adapter, plug in wireless adapter to phone, then power up and sync controller making sure all buttons/sticks are in their neutral positions.

2. I could be that the two adapters (wireless and OTG) end up changing/inhibiting the button press from the controller. Solution: not much of one that I know of. There may be a few apps out there that let you capture button inputs before they are sent from the Android OS to the game.

3. It could be Dungeon Quest. When we developed controller support for DQ we only did so with Bluetooh controllers in mind using the HID standard for Android and the MFI standard for IOS. It could be that we just don’t handle the controller input from a wireless Xbox controller.

Quick somewhat related question for you @tdaniel , if I may.

I currently play DQ on iOS. If I get a firestick will my account transfer or will I need to buy the firestick ported version & start a new account?

And thank you for diligently helping us DQ customers! I see lots of posts from the Devs on forums. Very cool to see that. The care and attention you all give to your game after all these years makes me want to buy more SBI products :+1:

If you get a fire stick (make sure you get the one with the Alexa remote…the first gen fire stick will NOT run DQ) you will need to upload your save game info from your iOS game.

Start up DQ on the fire stick
Enter your DQ Account system info
Press “Download”

It will pull down your iOS save game.

1 Like