Double pet

Since the new gold system heavily encourages the use of imps and dogs, fairies are no longer used; after all, they don’t raise the loot chances, and since you can always get a better item than the ones you are sporting, you will never user another pet. So, it would be nice to be able to equip two different pets, one for the loot, another for fighting, specially considering we can not change the pet’s affixes.

You wouldn’t imagine how many times my Warrior hireling has been healed by a fairy against legend enemies and tough epic enemies…

Agreed. I love my free 50% heal every 5s! Ascendant Wrath is nice too. =P

But isn’t leech supposed to keep the HP always at 100%?

at some point in your dungeon rung, a monster’s damage would too high for hp leech to keep you at 100% hence the extreme usefulness of the fairy pet for keeping you from dying

Only if:

1. you hit monsters immediately after you are damaged (Not always gonna happen especially when they die before you are hit by skyfall/TNT crates)
  2. Use Bloodmagic (overrated)
  3. Use leech (Not every build uses this)

at some point in your dungeon rung, a monster’s damage would too high for hp leech to keep you at 100% hence the extreme usefulness of the fairy pet for keeping you from dying[/quote]

Naw man, at some point in the dungeon, DMG will be so high that you are oneshotted. When you are able to do BILLIONS of DMG, you will leech to full. Your “EHP” eventually becomes 0 the higher you go so kill before you are killed is best option.

[quote=“Clogon”]

Naw man, at some point in the dungeon, DMG will be so high that you are oneshotted. When you are able to do BILLIONS of DMG, you will leech to full. Your “EHP” eventually becomes 0 the higher you go so kill before you are killed is best option.[/quote]

that’s an extreme outlier though. :laughing:

I find leech’s instantaneous heal more reliable than standing around waiting for the fairy to dance before healing… It takes a measly 10 million damage to heal 200k hp in a SINGLE hit with 2% leech. Even with leech nerf, the hit rate of any decent build can do lots of damage instances per second anyway.

I guess this is the point where I should say “diff’rent strokes” but floors 500+ simply aren’t the place for fairies dancing around before giving HP.

:laughing:

Well, this was more about effectively using the three pet types, since this is a looting game, people tends to use only the loot pets, specially after the gold change from the last patch. Furthermore, getting a legendary pet is pretty hard, a good one, harder, and one fitting your build, even harder. By allowing using two different pets, players could use more combinations, and since pets can’t be altered, such combinations would not be so uber; and, see their pets in action, instead of sitting in the inventory, catching dust and bytes and taking up inventory space.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk