Dumb question about elem crit

What if i use a pet with immolate 15% while using a ice weapon, will it trigger the immolation or not?

I’m currently using crushing flames with electrocution but i was wondering if there is a space for frozen too.

1 Like

Immolation works only with fire attack. Now if you changed element of your pet to ice ( using a Crystal )then immolation would change to frosbiting which effect your attack. Because the affix would be in the same element

4 Likes

Epic Elemental Critical only affect weapons of the same Element.

Legend Elem. Crit. affects weapons of any Element, so you could have weapons of different Elements and they would both Elem. Crit.

if you are using Prismatic Talent or Ascendant Set, Epic Elem. Crit. will cause any Element to Elem. Crit. as long as it is the same Element as the weapon.

Elemental Critical Damage doesn’t need to be on Items the same Element as weapons, but only works on their specific Elements.

in the original Post, if you have Ascendant Set with Ice Weapons with Freeze on your Pet, your Ice attack will Freeze and your Fire Attacks will Immolate, which will make Crushing Flames work (if you have Crushing Blow also). if your MH is Ice and OH if Fire, with Freeze on your Pet, only your MH attacks will Elem. Crit. your OH wont Crit.

another player was asking about Nova Mythic. if you had that on your OH, your OH attacks wouldn’t Elem. Crit., but Nova would Elem. Crit., since Nova is 100% chance to Elem. Crit. when it Proc’s, if we are using the example in the above paragraph.

2 Likes

I see. But why did my explosions do some ice effects even though i’m using a fire weapon, is that because of the effective mythic or it’s just a visual bug?

2 Likes

What set items are you using ?

1 Like

What Class and Weapon are you using?

right now I am kind of keeping track of how Prismatic and Ascendant Set affects different Spells and attacks. and I also want to see how Elements Set effects stuff with and without the other 2.

Effective Mythic should only affect damage, not actually change the Element of the attack. I have noticed that the little sparkles on enemies when you attack them reflect the damage they are taking based on Effective Mythic, but the attack itself remains the Element of the Weapon. not sure if I am explaining this well… :confused: .

3 Likes

Lol !

1 Like

@Golem that’s what i am talking about. When my weapon triggers an explosion, all the sorrounding monsters will be affected by slow from ice weapons even though i’m using a fire weapon. I don’t know if that counts on frozen set so i’m trying to figure it out

1 Like

Someone knows what @Golem is talking about :roll_eyes: lol

1 Like

Ok, I did a Search :mag: and found a question I asked about Nova in the Question Thread about this. basically, if your OH is Element B and your MH is Element A, the Nova Mythic on your OH will Proc Element A no matter which Skill you are casting, although it does OH damage, at least it did when I was using Nova. Prismatic Talent, Ascendant and Elements Set, will of course randomly change Nova to other Elements.

while searching, I also discovered that Empyrean works with Nova, and I was just thinking that the Legend Mythical affix would work with it also. all 3 of these would make Nova pretty powerful.

umm, we are talking about Nova?

3 Likes

It does not really matter as long as we get the point :joy: Thank you as always sir! Respect ++

1 Like

Thanks @Golem I feel enlightened :grin: lol joking. We’ve been chatting for five years since we was newbies

2 Likes

Ahh I read that as the Red immolation affix rather than the epic affix Immolate to Freeze. Or blistering to frostbiting.
If crushing flames or legend 100%+ Immolation counted in Frozen build as well; oh this sounds fun.

1 Like

these would work if you have 1 Fire & 1 Ice Weapon or Prismatic Talent and/or Ascendant/Elemental Sets.

2 Likes

Indeed.