Explosive affix

Do anyone know what kind of damange %explosive deals? Does it deal element dmg according to the mainhand type of dmg, given that the explosion damage is based of MH dmg?
Is it a fixed kind of dmg, like “allways fire/x/x”.
Is it based off the item the affix is attached to…or something completely different?
Anyone who knows?:smile:

/Wack

It deals damage the same way as everything else here’s a quick simplified version of the way damage is calculated

(((((damage from Power stat+weapon damage and base damage from offhand/mainhand weapon depending on skill) * weapon damage%) * elemental damage% if it lines up with your weapons element) +elemental damage flat affixes) * all other damage multipliers)

Hope that helps! :smile:

Just to make sure i understand this:

If I have an affix on my ring that says +19% Poison DMG %
and a MH (poison)weapon that deals 1 million dmg. Then the +19 % Poison DMG % is included in the 1 million.
And the +19% wont affect the explosion dmg in any other way, but the added dmg, it gives the MH weapon, which the explosion dmg then again is based off?
(yes - head is spinning, but I’ll understand SOME day) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Essentially take this portion right here

((((damage from Power stat+weapon damage and base damage from offhand/mainhand weapon depending on skill) * weapon damage%) * elemental damage% if it lines up with your weapons element) +elemental damage flat affixes)

It is essentially your base damage that you look to before anything else so in the case of explosion it’s that times 400% times all other damage boosting affixes on gear

Side note: The damage per hit and DPS numbers on your weapons do not reflect this entire equation simply all of the affixes on the weapon itself as well as the DPS calcs are based off the use of both abilities so they are often inaccurate to your build

Gonna take a closer look at he dmg calculation formula when I get some time off. There are conceps that i can’t remember the definition of - ‘Power stat’ included.
But thnx a lot for the input again - I’ll look into it when work is over:)

your power stat damage bonus is +25 WD per point :smile: :+1:

:+1: