Explosive

Explosive is a proc? Will the master mythstone enhance the proc chance of explosive (though explosive may be the next useful affix soon for skullshield build)

.it is not proc but it kinda works like proc…
.and no, master will not added any differentiation on your explosion chance…

3 Likes

anything that causes damage, except for Crushing Blow & Crushing Flames (I think), has a 5% chance to cause an Explosion, including an Explosion!

Explosion isn’t a Proc, so Master MS will not work on it.

I’ve caused Explosion with Skills, Mythic Skills, Damage over Times, Explosions, Procs., AoE’s, not sure what else…

and yes, giving Skullshield an AoE ability is awesome! :+1:

2 Likes

Learned something today. Thank you!

2 Likes

no worries, since Explosion has a % chance to explode, many people wonder if it works like a Proc. the only thing they have in common is that they both have a % chance to ‘activate’.

for those who are new, Proc’s don’t have chance to Proc every second anymore. as of Patch 3.0, it’s a chance to Proc when the Proc’s Cooldown is finished. a Proc’s Cooldown is the same as the Skill, so a Twister Proc has a 5 second Cooldown like the Twister Skill. any Cooldown will lower a Proc’s Cooldown. if a Skill has a Cooldown when you put Hero Points into it, that works also. if you put 40 points into Twister and have +60% Cooldown, the Twister Proc will have a Cooldown of 1.2 seconds just like the Skill. I did a Twister Skill with Twister Proc of +50% and averaged 2 Twisters every other time I cast Twister, or 3 Twisters every 2.4 seconds. if you use Ascendant Set or Prismatic Skill, you can see the double Twisters colors from the different Elements mixing. a Twister lasts for 5 seconds, so you could have multiple Twisters causing damage to the same enemies.

almost forgot, I did some tests with Skills that I got their Cooldowns lower than 1 seconds to see if it’s possible, and it is. with Meteor 40 and +60% Cooldown, I got Meteor Proc to Proc every 0.9 seconds. I got Orb to Proc every 0.4 seconds, I think… I think the Dev’s decided that Proc’n every second was OP, so changed it to Proc’n when Cooldown is done. there is an old post by a Dev that says you can get Proc to be over 100%, which I think means you automatically Proc a Skill with a % chance to Proc it twice (2 Twisters at the same time, for example. if I was Casting Twister with +150% Twister Proc, I would be casting 2 Twisters every time with 3 Twisters 50% of the time. I haven’t tested the over +100% yet, because I never have enough Ruby’s… but I really want to see if this is still true…).

3 Likes

.also explosive has chain reactions in large groups of enemies…
.it definitely helpful for mass killing…

1 Like

.actually my main gig for farming is, effective, weaken, crushing blow, crushing flames and explosive…
.and i throw to luck and drop rates for the rest of it…

.but it doesn’t really work on elite enemies such legend or eternal enemies, so if i struggle killing elite enemies I’ll just change my MH to ragnarok hammer & everything will be okay… :see_no_evil:

2 Likes