Forum Games Subforum?

I feel we should add a forum games subforum because:

[ul]
[li] It encourages community growth and interaction[/li]
[li] Forum games are fun[/li]
[li] Practically every forum has one somewhere[/li]
[li] While off-topic, I think it needs a dedicated subforum.[/li][/ul]

Vote yes if you agree, no if you disagree, and if you have comments, reply.

So you would call it unrelated/games?

Forum games are not fun, they’re basically spam. :smile:
That said, I have seen a few that weren’t terrible and just used to drive up post counts.

[quote=“Rubik”]Forum games are not fun, they’re basically spam. :smile:
That said, I have seen a few that weren’t terrible and just used to drive up post counts.[/quote]
Steiger can turn off (I think) post count for that subforum. As faras spam, its a game, if you don’t like it, then of course it looks like rubbish. Do me a favor and please vote in the poll so I can get a general consensus on the popularity of said forum.

@tdaniel - Personally, just put it where you think it best fit if you end up doing it and yes, games is good.

Didn’t know there was a poll… Tapatalk.
I think tdaniel may have just thought you were talking about games in general, not “forum games.”

[quote=“Rubik”]Forum games are not fun, they’re basically spam. :smile:
That said, I have seen a few that weren’t terrible and just used to drive up post counts.[/quote]

I totally agree with Rubik on this, and would further add it creates a lot more work for moderators. IMHO post count whores are the lowest of the low, and should have been drowned at birth :smiling_imp:

With that said, I have in the past participated in one forum game, “3 word story” can be amusing if played correctly.

[quote=“Ircher”][quote=“Rubik”]Forum games are not fun, they’re basically spam. :smile:
Steiger can turn off (I think) post count for that subforum. As faras spam, its a game, if you don’t like it, then of course it looks like rubbish. Do me a favor and please vote in the poll so I can get a general consensus on the popularity of said forum.

@tdaniel - Personally, just put it where you think it best fit if you end up doing it and yes, games is good.[/quote]

See this Dieter.

I could (perhaps) be the one who moderates the subforum, and perhaps we can set up some minimum rqs for each game or the thread is deleted.

[quote=“Ircher”][quote=“Ircher”][quote=“Rubik”]Forum games are not fun, they’re basically spam. :smile:

@tdaniel - Personally, just put it where you think it best fit if you end up doing it and yes, games is good.[/quote]

See this Dieter.

I could (perhaps) be the one who moderates the subforum, and perhaps we can set up some minimum rqs for each game or the thread is deleted.[/quote]

Moderating the sub forum is all well and good, but its what carries over from that sub forum that causes the extra headache. Forum games go against the ethos of the rest of the forum, and there has already been forum users who could not stick to the forum rules as it was, if one behaviour is expected throughout the whole of the forum, and we had a section that promotes the total opposite, can members be trusted to switch from anarchy to decorum without any crossover ?

[quote=“JesteR”]
Moderating the sub forum is all well and good, but its what carries over from that sub forum that causes the extra headache. Forum games go against the ethos of the rest of the forum, and there has already been forum users who could not stick to the forum rules as it was, if one behaviour is expected throughout the whole of the forum, and we had a section that promotes the total opposite, can members be trusted to switch from anarchy to decorum without any crossover ?[/quote]

I don’t think I fully understand you, can you give me an example of what you mean, so we are on the sam page?