Game Freezes when using a Rogue or versing a Rogue in Arena

me also stuck on 46/62… is it okay to stuck on that situation?

At first i thought i was fine but the freezes happened and i thought to finish the setup, it moved to 47/62 after 40mins and 3 hours later it finished.

I think you should leave it alone and maybe prepare something on Netflix.

0.5 its still has an animation. Its my current settings btw

Yeah that’s the fastest with animations. But I prefer no animations :smile: .

:TLDR:
Let it finish…the game plays better when you do
::

Yes, that issue is a function of a devices GPU type and the asset format we use for all of the art you see in the game.

Some GPU’s have a difficulty time processing HLSL 2.0 (that means that the gpu has a difficult time understanding how to read the code that makes a piece of art look the way it does in game) and when it has this hard time it takes a long time to process the asset.

once it gets through the process (on some devices, yes it can take quite a long time) it stores the processing method for reading those pieces of art so it can process them faster in the game.

When you skip that screen (when it it is stuck on 46/62) it doesn’t allow your devices gpu to come up with a fast way to process the art and you get tons of lag when it has to process it on the fly in the game.

Not an end all be all description of why the issue happens, but it is the case on some devices

1 Like

Thanks for the explanation. The setup in my game is 100% complete.

But, the question that im really asking is why is the freezing isolated to only Rogues, be it im using one in the campaign or one renders as an opponent in the arena?

Because when i use a Warrior or a Wizard or versing said jobs in the arena, my GPU seems to process the “HLSL 2.0” or whatever code just fine.

Since our characters don’t share equipment (all the assets are made for each character and we don’t re use equipment across classes) there could be something that rogues use that your device doesn’t have as easy of a time processing as the wiz/warrior classes.

Okay, thank you for clarifying.

So can this issue be fixed on an update or a patch or are people with lesser powerful GPUs going to experience this phenomenon permanently?

Because in all honesty, this issue as it stands is a game breaker.

I downloaded your save game data but I cannot get this issue to happen on several of my devices (including a samsung tab device which has poor performance without our game).

There are so many different combinations of android hardware that is very difficult to resolve a device or hardware specific issue.

So for the short term I would say that no, I would not be able to fix that issue.

Okay, i totally understand. Thank you for attempting to fix it.

I have but one request so far…

Can you atleast revamp the graphic settings?

Because setting the fx to low really doesn’t do much to alter game performance, i still freeze at low fx and turning game shadows off makes the game look meh so i turn it to low but i can play RR3 in my tablet properly with med graphics and such, no problem. I really don’t get it.

It’s a great game and i want to love it. But the freezing though. Ugh. I’ll wait for more fixes and optimizations in the future. Y’all can close my thread now.

Tips: force GPU Rendering to push it’s limits (probably may fix the rogue rendering issue after 62/62) and no power saving mode as well as close apps before play. Lowest dq settings (also no shadows) and flight mode for non arena playthrough. Strange how my worse phone a year ago didn’t have these issues but you do (a mystery to solve ). Put damage numbers to crit only if you want to and enemy hp to hidden or ally sometimes.

I still have yet to figure out why my dungeon quest crashes on my good S6 sometimes . It happened, even on stock settings without rooting. The crashes never happened before patch 3.0 or so.

If single player, pack size as low where least amount of zombies but decent loot (130% or 125% or sometimes 120%).

On 720p, my S6 phone gpu can easily run DQ at 100mhz (it’s normally 1440p but I lower resolution for battery purposes) with barely any issues and S3 mini has 480p resolution so it can definitely do nicely at low settings and no shadows and it had no rogue rendering issues. Also I do remember having one issue from a patch where I couldn’t even start up a dq world on my S3 mini at one time but I don’t remember what patch it was.
Also my S3 mini had a similar GPU as you.
Maybe that rogue rendering issue could be a bug as well? Who knows.

Edit: oh it’s a tablet and the resolution is a bit bigger than my S3 mini and the specs are slightly different (quad core instead of dual core). A lot better battery though. Maybe a hidden issue or maybe something else.

unfortunately I don’t have the S3 mini anymore to test if it can do ok at DQ and the rendering rogue issue you talk about. If someone can test this issue of rogue rendering issue with similarly speced phones , that would be great.

There were sevearl runs of the S3 mini that were released in various parts of the world. I have 4 different versions of the S3 mini here (it was a very popular phone for 2014) and I test DQ on it each time we release a patch.

Each of the four models have the same specs but have different physical hardware which cases each to play the game differently.

The S3 Mini that was released in Europe (I am talking GB, Germany, France, Spain) and the S3 Mini in the US run the game with low shadows.

The S3 Mini that was released in India for distribution in the Philippines and other Asia/Pacific territories has a more difficult time with the game as it has a different GPU in that model.

I still cannot get this rogue issue to happen. Does anyone on this thread have a way that they can get this slow down/crash to happen? I just need some steps and a save game to try and reproduce the problem.

2 Likes

That’s awesome to know :wink: .