Glasscannon

can 4 glasscannon effective?

I haven’t tested it, but I have read that 2 Glasscannon and 2 Barbarian is the max. Push the Limit can go as high as 4 I think, as there is a set of items that have a total of 4 of them. if you look around, you can get a total of 5 items with Push the Limit, but that is 5 spaces to just get +250% damage. I think the reason the limit for Glasscannon being 2 is that you get 2x +50% damage for 2x -50% HP (you have 1 HP left), even though you can find it on items or roll it with Ruby. you can’t have negative HP, which is what would happen with 3 or more Glasscannon.

oh ok thanks sir for answering

can i get barbarian on ruby ?

Barbarian and Push the Limit can only be found on items. take a look at the Codex, I think there are 1 or 2 items that have both on the same item. plus there are a few items where either one of these are paired with a Glasscannon too.

ok thanks again

in the last few days I tested a third Glasscannon on my Farm Build, and it doesn’t do anything. so 2x Glasscannon is the max you can have on your Equipment.

I think we have an EPIPHANY here :wink:
(Epiphany raises cap of glass cannon from 100-~125 but hp wont drop below 1)

1 Like

@TeaCup I didn’t test that, but using Epiphany and a third Glasscannon for an extra +25% DMG at the cost of 2 spaces is kind of expensive. I guess if you had the space to spare, or didn’t have items with the other 2 affixes, that would be good, but I would go with a Barbarian or Push the Limit in the third space for a +50% DMG instead. doing it this way would have your damage go from 225% DMG with Epiphany and 3 Glasscannon to 300% DMG with 2 Glasscannon and 1 Barbarian or Push the Limit. I hope I did the math correctly.

It was just a joke to be honest, if you have space for a third glass cannon then your build is completely wrong, mainly because a third class cannon even with epiphany (8) would only give you 2.4/2=1.2 which is a 20% damage increase
Effectivness:
1 glasscannon =100%
2 glasscannon =66%
3 glasscannon =40%

1 Like

@TeaCup haha! well, your post started humorous and then ended up kind of serious, so I went with that.

there have been some posts recently asking questions on the subject, and so I did a little research and learned a bit about the math involved. has me doing some more thinking about my builds to increase DMG and DPS. I know that isn’t everything about what a build is, but those are the foundation of a good build. never thought I would be able to learn something from Mid’s Damage Guide that would stick in my head. so many numbers and equations!

1 Like

So basically 1 glasscannon per character is sufficient and more than desirable considering the forfiets

depends on the build. 2 Glasscannon can be put on any 2 items with Ruby, except the Pet, but if you want Barbarian and/or Push the Limit, your build is constrained by finding items with those affixes on them. also, think of the penalties. you can do +100% Glasscannon leaves you with 1 HP, which is easily overcome with Dodge, Block and/or Sanctuary. Barbarian +100% leaves you with 1 MP, so you need a lower % to cast spells, so may as well go with +50% and use the extra space for something else. Push the Limit can go to +200%, at least that is what I think, since there is a Wizard set of Legend items that has a total of 4 PtL on them. and there are a total of 5 different items with PtL if you look around the Legendex, so it is possible to get up to +250%. now, I haven’t tested out the Push the Limit max, but I don’t see a cap for it on the Stats Page, which is why I think it can get up to +250%. +500% with Eternal items? who knows? it might be possible.

1 Like

The cap for all barbarian, push the limit and glasscannon is 100%, theyre all affected by epiphany should you wish, amd like i said previously, when you add a second affix of any of them, the damage increase you see will only be 33% instead of 50%

1 Like

after getting frustrated by your response, specifically the part about Push the Limit, as soon as I logged off, I started up DQ, spent some Dust and over 300 Crystals, and started testing and researching. this is what I discovered.

Push the Limit can be found on all items except for Head and Pets.
Push the Limit can be found on items from all 3 Classes.
Push the Limit does have a +100% Cap! :eyes: :cry:

the thing that was getting me frustrated was the four Cerebral Vortex Wizard Items. each item has Push the Limit, and I figured that if you can handle the extra Resource requirements of PtL, then you could get up to +200%, maybe +250%, if you had 5 items with PtL.

starting with 5 items with 5 PtL total, the Stat Page shows a +100% Cap. after taking off 1 PtL at a time until damage went down, I also verified that way the +100% PtL cap.

my dreams of a 5 Push the Limit build have come to a crashing halt :stop_sign:, but it just means I have to think of some other crazy build.

thank you @TeaCup for your patience with my stubbornness.

3 Likes

@Golem

In terms of PvP, you can achieve the following;

Glasscanon x5 Legend Affixes or (5x18%) = 90% damage [For mage Manashield, add empower talent (4) for 100% damage increase and 1 HP]

Push the limit x5 (5x18%) = 90% more damage but skill costs increase by 90% (low likelihood of casting Special skills)

Barbarian x5 or 90% more damage but reduce MP by 90%

Always check caps yourself… You can go up to 100% in each of these in PvP.

3 Likes

@Mr_Scooty wow! nice! I was looking at these affixes more for PVE than in PvP, but I had considered doing 5 PtL in PVP also.

question: are only certain Caps lowered for PVP? I think I know how to figure out which ones are if there is a difference between some Caps being lowered and some are not.

2 Likes

Hmm… some implied PvP caps are non existent… Take Luck and Gold Find (No cap)… GC, Barbarian and PTL have 100% cap (not 36%). Crit chance and Crit damage are accurate. Don’t always accept what is written as fact unless you test it yourself first.

4 Likes

Sartys spirit and gold find (uncapped in pvp) :slight_smile:

1 Like