Golden Golem

Since the changes in 1.8.1 it is slower to get gold, at least in my opinion. State the devs balanced it against item sell values all you want, I find I need to do more runs with max GF to get as much gold.

Solution? GOLD GOLEM! Add a new random occurrence boss creature that drops varied gold amounts. Make it almost lotto like with values ranging between 100k and 1 mil, the latter obviously more rare. It wouldn’t heavily imbalance the game and occasionally would give players a leg up!

[quote=“Stryder”]Since the changes in 1.8.1 it is slower to get gold, at least in my opinion. State the devs balanced it against item sell values all you want, I find I need to do more runs with max GF to get as much gold.

Solution? GOLD GOLEM! Add a new random occurrence boss creature that drops varied gold amounts. Make it almost lotto like with values ranging between 100k and 1 mil, the latter obviously more rare. It wouldn’t heavily imbalance the game and occasionally would give players a leg up![/quote]

It will help new players a lot. I agree. :smiley: Gold will become even more useful later on too.

It is easy to grab 10-20m in 4 hours but yeah more gold would be nice. It has become an important resource compared to before

Most part of testers (=old players) got 10-20m per run :dieter:

Hi all, been lurking for awhile, but this one got me out of the shadows. First off, thanks for all the great information posted on these boards. I really enjoy the game and am looking forward to 1.9.

I already have some issues with balancing between players who began playing before 1.8 vs. players (like myself) who began a couple months ago. I think the landscape is such that pre 1.8 players appear to have an insurmountable gear advantage given the posts I’ve seen, and with maxed out Luck/GF gear (in some cases perfect rolled) they will continue to have an advantage in looting Legendaries (both Eternal and Crystallized), finding CS/MS, and collecting massive amounts of gold.

In my time playing, I’ve seen only two Obsidians (both of which are still stashed away in my bags) and that is despite hundreds of millions in gold spent on buying the ultra rare crystal from the merchant or converting/salvaging crystals based on Rubik’s very helpful guide.

When you, Diieter, say ‘10-20m per run’ would you please clarify what you mean by ‘run’ as I’ve never seen more than about 1/2-3/4 a million in gold on a map despite nearly maxed out gold find averaged between myself and my hireling (~600%)? 10-20m seems like an incredible amount and I’d love to see how exactly that is achieved.

Thanks!

It’s a pleasure! :dieter:

Well, to be honest there are only 2 factors in this kind of game which make the difference between “average players” and “hardcore players” :

• Luck (let’s being honest, no one get the same amount of MS/CS/eternal and Crystallized Eternals while playing :dieter:
  • Time spent on game (most part of testers are old players, and some of them like clogon or asar spent days and days farming like it shouldn’t be allowed :dieter: )

For my part, I’m playing DQ since more than 1 year and 3 months (when we had only wiz), so It’s kinda normal that i’ve a few nice things in my inventory :dieter: and i’m not an hardcore gamer at all, actually, I’m spending more time on the forum to read/answer or testing the game than farming for myself :dieter:

Also, for the testers part, the only benefit they actually have is to play the game weeks(months?) before anyone else, so they can get a “little advantage” compared to the “others players” :dieter: But sometimes bad things happen! (datas corrupted, losses of items, HeroicPoints to 0, etc)
I even have my legendEx bugged since months (not updating at all, whatever the “new” legend I loot :dieter: )

Per Run I would say, some players can get easily 10m per floor, I’m not one of them But I read our tester line’s chat, and some players (like clogon) made incredibly farming stuff (which can be crafted by everyone else legitly) ! :dieter:

Don’t worry for 1.9 we won’t get too much advantages this time because only few new items and arena will be reseted for the release (so w’ll lose our actual ranking and start over from 0 like everyone else) :smile:

1 Like

I think I have a slight guess on what you are talking about… I guess it involves uber high floors, dedicated farming gear, and low difficulties? That’s alarming, I didn’t know gold find can spike that high.

10-20m in a few hours was just floor 101 with max gold… My farming gear is shoddy and borrows parts from my climbing build but this makes me excited to build a dedicated farming set! Thanks for making us aware of this.

Although personally I can only definitely try this when I can put 200k+ a map as a “Trivial” amount of gold to gamble for pack size…

I am an old player too (around the time of release of warrior, no pets, no heroic level, and that old merchant enchanter) but I dropped it a long time ago and just picked it up again recently. Things are getting very interesting.

[quote=“Diieter”]Per Run I would say, some players can get easily 10m per floor, I’m not one of them But I read our tester line’s chat, and some players (like clogon) made incredibly farming stuff (which can be crafted by everyone else legitly) ! :dieter:

Don’t worry for 1.9 we won’t get too much advantages this time because only few new items and arena will be reseted for the release (so w’ll lose our actual ranking and start over from 0 like everyone else) :smile:[/quote]

Sorry Diieter, the 10-20mil/run was an old flawed estimate before I had the chance to update (I was able to get ~6m/run with 600k gold picked up and the rest from selling equips in 1.8.0 which is what I used for my estimation). The actual range is 2-4 mil/run.

@Zhivago:
I am a strictly 1.8.0 player. Yes 1.7 players have an advantage but not insurmountable. You can see some of my loot from my first 2 months of playing. I usually spent 10-20h a week of effective farming. Now, I am too busy testing to farm.

As a tester, I have to had my account recovered several times. Lost thousands of crystals twice (didn’t bother recovering the second time). Even now I am waiting for Steiger to see if he can recover my account as I intentionnally sold a bunch of super rare eternals and crafted items for bug testing and accidently overwrote my uploaded save. Heck the “test version” has a bunch of bugs and nerfs to my build causing me to die 10x per run! Many of us had our phones continuously freeze up on uz! Being a tester is not all fun and games.

1 Like

Thanks for the prompt and thorough responses. That helps clear some stuff up for me. I’ll keep on grinding & farming and wait for 1.9. Cheers, gents.

Lol I forgot to actually link the thread where I posted some of my gear. XD
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1918&hilit=eternal&start=70

1.9 will be worth the wait. I know it is very tempting to spend gold now but I recommend you to save up your gold. I’d say keep at least 5m saved up. XD

Sweet! Great reference and helpful advice. I’ll definitely hold on to some gold.

I generally farm at least one eternal legend a day using the hunter ring and the mythic enemy achievement. I’m still crossing my fingers for an eternal Nadroji although my best drop thus far is a lvl 100 Gemmed Crown for my warrior.

[quote=“Zhivago”]
I generally farm at least one eternal legend a day using the hunter ring and the mythic enemy achievement.[/quote]

I hope you are saving those eternals! If you are then save up even more gold. You will probably die of happiness to see your hard work greatly rewarded. XD

The golden golem sounds nice

Hrm mm. … sounds like I have suggested a popular addition :smile:
Perhaps if it gets added it could maybe get named after me? Lol. Although my RL name would be more appropriate (Stoneman). What do ya say devs?

I suggested different versions for a new type of an unkillable monster awhile back(challenging content thread maybe, idk), a gold version being one of them. That was before the gold change though, so now something like this would be even more helpful, so good idea.

@Zhivago, glad my thread was helpful for you. :smile: