Golem Joins the Floor 2k Club

@dickwad I need to Craft outside the box if I want to get to floor 3k. I have some ideas, but they’re all for Wizard. plus, I’m thinking of doing a Wizard Team for more DPS. (I’m kind of weak on Team Builds). anything new I learn might be able to be used in PVP.

@DuDono the number one problem with Meteor is that sometimes it doesn’t go where you aim at. Aftermath Set (4) gives Meteor a Taunt effect…

1 Like

@Golem I obviously use aftermath (5)

1 Like

:rolf: I would too, when making a build. for Noobs who only have the 4 Aftermath Items to work with, that’s the minimum to get the 100% for the effect.

I always feel like I’m wasting space on my Build any time I consider making an Aftermath Build. but I have plans for an Aftermath Hireling. I read Hirelings do great with Aftermath.

2 Likes

I rather favor twister discordance. Throw in a few master runes and a mh mythic with a few random procs you like and you have a spicy brew of eminent death. your new problem will be seeing what is actualy going on ounce every thing starts going off.

2 Likes

Believe it or not, I’m not part of the floor 2k club :smile: . I did 1.6k before I forgot about it. Good job regardless :+1:

1 Like

now way! wow, thanks! I’m slowly working my way up.

I’m thinking of a new Floor Climbing Build and adding a Mage Hireling for more DPS & Firepower. the build I have now is starting to slow down, and that’s with rushing the Cartographer to move up the Floors faster.

Mr @Golem you have 3 character right the wiz war and rog… If you are going to ranking them which class is the best for climbing…

And what class and what wep and oh combination that can deals an infinite damage😊

For infinity damage, the only combo can be used is crushing flame and frozen.

All other builds probably can still work at 2k floor, but when you reach 5k, the CF with frozen is the only option.

There are no much different among the three classes in pve.

All you need is to increase the efficiency of climbing and farming. luck, item drop, eternalized, crystallize, picking range, attack range, moving speed etc, will be needed.

Try to balance all the attributes above.

2 Likes

No hacking

all three. I’ve been using Wizard the longest, and am working on learning the best way to use Warrior & Rogue. I also plan on going to a Main & Hireling for Floor Climbing for the extra DPS & damage.

there was a player who discovered that, around floor 13k or 22k? not sure where, that Crushing Blow does Infinite Damage. this is based on game mechanics concerning enemy HP on those floors and higher. since those enemies have Infinite Health, 25% of Infinite Health is still Infinite Damage. he even tested it with a build with only Crushing Blow on the Equipment with a video. when you get up to those floors, you just need to kill monsters before they have a chance to 1 hit kill you.

all 3 Characters can climb. Warrior has an edge on defense with the 100% Block Build, and Rogue has the PermaStealth Build. Wizard can pump out a lot of DPS, and all Classes can have good mobility when it comes to getting out of danger. and all 3 Classes can make use of Crowd Control abilities.

1 Like

So Warrior can become an invisible character because of 100% block​:open_mouth::open_mouth:

Right now my main source of damage is just a ricochet because I’m so lazy :rofl::rofl: can i still trigger the frozen effect if the frozen affix is located on my OH and I didnt use often my OH skill?

It seems like you don’t understand the frozen affix.

You need to use ice element skills with 30% element critical chance to trigger frozen effect.

It doesn’t matter where your frozen affix located, can be anywhere even on your chest, hat, ring.

Frozen affix makes the enemies explode when they die. So Combo it with crushing flames, which makes infinite damage. Then the dead enemies explode in a small range, kill the epic, legend and mythic enemies with infinite damage.

I often use ice element OH skill to taunt all the enemies, then use fire element MH skill to kill them. Everything will be killed by one hit.

Make sure you have crushing flames 6 with crushing blow 30%.
don’t use range MH skill like storm even proc.
Use single target skills, ricochet is fine

1 Like
1 Like

So you have to use the taunt inorder to freeze the enemy

Yes to freeze the enemies, also to taunt them . Because frozen explosion is really small range

1 Like

the Warrior doesn’t become invisible. with Epiphany Set (7) I think, you can get your Block Cap to 84% I think, and Bulwark Talent 40 gives you +20% to Block over Cap for 5 seconds when you Block.

also, Crushing Flames was nerfed because of Frozen Set in the most recent update. Crushing Flames (6) will now only get Normal (gray) enemies down to 1 HP, which means you have to use CF (5) instead and use other damage to cause death for massive damage from Frozen Set. there are some Posts on the subject.

Taunt is used to get enemies close together to make Frozen Set more effective when the Frozen Explosions start killing enemies. like @Sunzhang said, if enemies are too far apart, Frozen Set kind of becomes useless.

Some post says CF has been nerfed since the last update. So they keep arguing CF5 or 6.

I don’t know when is the last update they talk about. I have only played this game for one year. But I’m using CF 6 and frozen combo for climbing. Just like my video shows, at floor 11k,i can still 1 shot kill the cartographers and finish 1 floor within 20 secs.

I think it was Patch 3.1 or 3.2 that had the nerf. this was about the time of the 2020 shut down, so I came across the posts afterwards when things started opening up.

for those who don’t know, Crushing Flames (6) instant kills Normal (grey/white) monsters. With Frozen (5) increasing the damage of the killing blow by a +125% explosion, with enough Normal monsters near an Epic+ monster, it would be possible to kill them with just the Frozen Explosions.

this is the earliest mention of the Crushing Flames & Frozen Set combo nerf and another post where it’s mentioned.

I don’t use Frozen Set, and I think the one time I tested it, it didn’t really fit my play style. my conclusion on the subject is that, if there is a nerf, it is because only Crushing Flames Set affects the damage of Crushing Blow, and Frozen can’t take advantage of the instant kill of Crushing Flames (6) on Normal monsters anymore.

there is an older post where a Dev explains why Crushing Blow isn’t affected by any other affixes, and I think this was before Crushing Flames came out.

It seems like CF 6 can instantly kill epic+ enemies before the last update. That’s why they said it had been nerfed. Anyway, if you wanna climb to infinite floor, CF6 + Frozen is the only option for now. ( not CF5) I have tested it many times. I think the highest floor climber in this forum is up to 50k floor.

Btw I totally agree with you that there are many different playing styles in this game. Climbing, farming, pvp etc. or some people just love to focus on one single attribute, such as dps, block. But for climbing infinite floor and damages, dps is just useless. The highest dps I have seen is 20 billions+. It still can’t kill cartography at 5k+ floor. In my video on floor 10k, I have only 500k dps

1 Like