Help on my first build

Hey hi.
First I’d like to apologize if I say something wrong. I don’t speak English.
I never built anything special in game. I got wizards, and my favourite skills are manashield and storm. Never past floor 1k.

Also got other characters. But they are even more weaker. Please help me.

1 Like

can you show a screen shot of your Wizards items? or list the Items with the affixes that are on them?

if you can, the same for your other characters, so we can give you the best tips possible.

welcome to DQ!

1 Like

Ok. Every time I start a new map, I use the ring Enernal cataclysm and the collar Eternal star pendant, just enough to activate that skill where 3 skulls float around the character. After that I change again to the ring eternal chaos and collar Eternal pestilence. Something change, I don’t know what it is.
I was using for a long time the eternal arcanist hood. But started to use that other one Anguish of Evasion. Found all items on the eternals codex (except the last hood I’m testing, found on the floor).
I’ve played for a long time, without knowing how to use the skills properly.
Usually I die very quickly after 900 floors. The little monsters can kill me very easy.

PS: tried to upload all my images. But only allows me if I drag it here…im using a mobile. And only 2 links for new users :neutral_face:

1 Like

at higher floors, no matter how much Health, armor, resist, or damage reduction you have, unless it is 100%, you will eventually get 1 hit dead by the monsters.

Barrier and Diffusion are Wizard Talents that make Manashield better, but it requires lots of MP and All Resist. and eventually, you will get to a floor where a monster 1 hits you dead even with a high defense Manashield.

eventually you will need Block & Dodge, and Sanctuary for survival, or some other way to get out of the way of getting hit.

maybe have an Explosive affix so that your Barrage has a chance for AoE effects, and use Storm for defense and monsters that get too close to you.

only a few Crystals can be used on Eternal Items, so they are harder to change when you need to change them. Legend Items are not as powerful as Eternal Items, but you can use all Crystals to change them.

Manashield needs MP, and you only have Hero Points in Strength. Health wont help you if your Mana is so low that it makes your Manashield as thin as paper.

3 Likes

Max dodge and block. Use sanctuary.

1 Like

Minimise your use of procs. Focus on legend elemental critical chance and fire damage.

1 Like

Don’t know how to apply that, except the points. I should correct them! Didn’t knew about any of that

2 Likes

Don’t know how do to that.

1 Like

What is procs? I’ve been playing this game for years, and don’t know it

1 Like

Proc means chance i guess

2 Likes

Nice.
Already tried change the points to mana. Don’t know how to start get a better armor.

1 Like

@Berot yes. A proc is a day chance to cast a spell every second while your attacking. Look at all the procs on your ring. You need elemental critical chance ( obtainable using a ruby) and element damage ( e.g. Fire damage)

2 Likes

Example

2 Likes

Armor can be increased by adding +2500 AR on Items, finding items with +5000 AR, affixes & myth stones that increase AR by a %, Sets that increase Armor. but Wizards are geared towards using All Resist and/or Dodge/Block/Sanctuary, while Warriors are geared towards using Armor and/or Block. Rogues are geared towards using Power and Dodge.

Proc’s are a chance to cast a specific spell for free, like Meteor Proc. although the description says you have a chance to Proc the spell every second, in Patch 3.0, Proc’s now have a cool down that is the same as the spell it is based on. Meteor Proc has the same cool down as Meteor Spell. I haven’t done any specific tests, but I did try doing some partial tests with Orb and Twister spells and their Procs with high cool down. from what I can see, Proc’s are not a chance every second, but a chance after a Proc’s cool down is done. Twister has a 5 sec. cool down, so you would have to wait 5 seconds for a 25% chance to Proc the next Twister. Twister 40 and +60% CD you only have to wait 1.2 seconds to Proc the next Twister. Orb has a CD of 1 second, with +60% CD, 0.4 sec. CD. I still need to do some exhaustive tests to verify, but this is what I have seen with some of my Builds and the little testing that I did.

also, Procs have no cap, so a Meteor Proc of +150% means a 100% chance to Proc when it’s CD is finished and a 50% chance to Proc a second one at the same time. I haven’t tested this, but it is mentioned by a Mod in an old Post on the subject. I really want to make a Build around this.

3 Likes

Is there a simple build where I can find some simple explanation, or step by step? I’m sure ur giving a lot of information. But I don’t know how to apply here. Like a first build for wizards :sweat_smile:

I already tried to follow a build once, without knowing what each stone and skill meant… Ran out of stones, without even know the importance of the skills I was able to get. It would be nice to know witch set of skills could be used in an armor or weapon for example

2 Likes

@kerverus theres a lot of builds on this forum. Try to search one of those here. you can type on search bar of a build in here. But ill recommend for you as your first basis build will be the Green Garden build . Its a hybrid build where any class would be suitable for it.

1 Like

So hibrid means it’s for farming, as well pvp? I abandoned the pvp long ago. It would be nice.

Do I have to find the same item it’s used to craft the items?

Got druidic at my wand. The image of Green garden shows that skill placed at the pet tink. Is there a need to place the exact green skills at the items like image? Or could I get them in different items, would be good? I really don’t know

Another thing that got my attention: on the greengarden, all green skills have the number 5 placed before them:
5 defiant
5 cosmic power
5 plagued
5 spell sword
5 equality
5 adventurer
5 druidic

Here I’m only able to get number 1 or 2 of these skills… Where do I have to change to fix it?

Got this wand, but the name didn’t stayed like the build: rockblast wand

2 Likes

@kerverus an hybrid is a build that steals ideas from other builds. An example is my rogue that summons monsters and uses storm and timewarp ( wizard skills) with ricochet and vault ( rogue skills). It also combines elements of the immortal and anti immortal builds posted in the guide section by @Mr_Scooty . I seriously suggest you read them :wink: Hope your build uses timewarp :sunglasses: As for a PvP and pvm hybrid? I suppose you could try making one of you like a challenge. But it will be hard.

2 Likes

Just don’t expect to reach very high floors killing monsters. You need block, dodge and epiphany item ( increases the stat caps… so you can block and dodge more…) Max block and dodge. Helps in farming and arena. After that mess around with your build.

1 Like

I can farm only in lv200… Already got to 900 using maps. But that doesn’t mean I can survive there. Had to die several times to kill the monster. Still a newbie at the game.
If there’s a set of skills I can find without use any build, that helps

1 Like