[HELP] Wizard Mana Shield

Can someone please explain me how the wizards mana shield work. I have 20k mana but I get one shotted by monsters, sometimes not by bosses even(I play lvl 200 random maps at power 8).

If you have 20k mana but are playing on floor 200+ you can get hit for WAY more damage than that shield could absorb. Mana Shield only lasts as long as you have mana or until its timer runs out (about 10 seconds from casting the skill).

Example:
So if you have 20K mana 100K health but an enemy hits you for 130K damage you would die in that scenario. It would blow through your Mana Shield and your health pool.

1 Like

But how much damage do creeps do at floor 200. I have 20k mana and only 170 hp :smile:), I, m a walking glass Cannon. I use my warrior as a tank.

It also depends of your defensives stats (like All resist, etc) :wink:

And if you’re playing with glasscanon, well, once the shield gone you’ve only 170hp on your pool, so take care =)

nobody mention ‘barrier’?
barrier is a main talent for tank wizard.
no matter how mana u have on u, if ur barrier talent is, let’s say, 10, u’re as good as dead.

mine has 40 on barrier talent and 60k on mana pool. 300 floor so far, I died only 5 times, I have a detailed journal on my wizard, lol.

simply put, it’s a trickier version of a warrior using bloodknight. so yeah, leeching all the way. avoid leech nerf and tnt props at all cost.

1 Like

How did you get all those rolls? Are those even possible? I am dps wizard, 0 at barrier skills, now I am farming for a good legend staff and amulet. I have 2,2 milion dps . I use my warrior as a tank to lure the mobs and focus on him.

He surely get +4 allskills and some +4 talents :wink:

But at 1.6 it’ll be useless because the skills will be splited into 2x 20 :

• 20 ranks from gears, so +4 barrier x5 will be the max
  • 20 ranks from hero points

So actually h’ll have to throw 20 ranks on his current stuff because it’ll be maxxed a 20 :smile:
Also the leech will be reworked in 1.6 and maybe the mana shield too :confused:

If I may add a few things. Mana shield is more practical for a dps wizzard as it offers some survivability, so some damage bassed defence to it would be nice, as a dps wizzard has no armor or resist. Also if the affixes you have wizzard items will be available in the next patch will make legendary items useless, everybody will just roll for legendary affixes and stop hunting legendary items.

To roll a legendary affix, you have to get the #18th crystal : Ruby, which is a lot and lot rare, so don’t worry, players will still hunt legend items and enchant them :wink:

yes, indeed I am, I’m sorry can’t put a screenshot, force close all the time on uploading process.
I’mma list my gears here.

• Vacuus Scipio (+4 Elementalist)
  • Spellbinder (+4 Archmage)
  • Astral Sheath (20 Barrier with +4 Archmage)
  • Astral Communion (+4 Archmage)
  • Frigid Sigil (has nothing to do with Barrier)
  • Nadroji Crystal (Self Explanatory)
    Been spending 50m of gold to reroll, lol.

[quote=“Diieter”]But at 1.6 it’ll be useless because the skills will be splited into 2x 20 :

• 20 ranks from gears, so +4 barrier x5 will be the max[/quote]

to be honest, +40 Barrier is indeed OP in defensive, but I think there is no need to nerf it as in fact it is the only ‘tank’ build in wizard class (spiritmancer has potential too, if it is buffed on the next patch), besides, how are we supposed to cover our glassy 1 hp?

need more enlightment in this, please. :smile:

well, I guess I’ll be waiting for the moment of glorious wizard to fade away, lol.

go hunt some of my legend, iceburn set. :smile:

“Need more enlightment in this, please. [emoji4]”

1.6.1 you’ll be able to spend hero points to increase specific things :smile:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) using Tapatalk.

DQ: CentraLity, Mage Level 99
CentraBPM, Warrior Level 99
Main Account: Remya, Rogue Level 99

Your last part is definitely wrong. For sure, legendary items will still be as demanded as now! If you are very lucky, you can get legend items with a “special affix”, available in 1.6 … :wink:
It takes a lot of time to roll even one Legendary affix, because the Crystal, that lets you do that, is one of the very rare Crystals. So you should continue to farm legendaries, while saving up your crystals to roll legend affixes.

[quote=“CentraBPM”]
Your last part is definitely wrong. For sure, legendary items will still be as demanded as now! If you are very lucky, you can get legend items with a “special affix”, available in 1.6 … :wink:
It takes a lot of time to roll even one Legendary affix, because the Crystal, that lets you do that, is one of the very rare Crystals. So you should continue to farm legendaries, while saving up your crystals to roll legend affixes. [/quote]

+1

Thanks, professor Diieter. :slight_smile:

What the … ahha! :laughing:

Well each skill has 40 ranks
20,from gear (like atm)
20,from hero points

And skills in 1.6 will be reworked … :s

I hope when 1.6 comes out, mana shield build becomes better than now xD i think it needs a boost on dmg

Mana shield is already op, don’t expect it to be buffed that much :laughing:

Each skills will get 3 perks that you’ll up with the “+skills” like for example : mana shield : +duration -cost +dmg
Things like that, so yeah skills will be buffed, even if mana shield is a bit op atm :unamused:

Look at this :smiley: with the cosmic power pet [emoji7]