Hire orders/AI

Any chance for an update to the hireling AI?

Specifically positioning of wizards and rogues. They keep running forward into the enemies and getting themselves killed. Giving them a brain to avoid death would be nice:lol:

Also, I recently noticed that a summons wizard will not summon both types of summons. Then after summoning either type, he just twitches as he tries to cast again. I think he is trying to heal that summon over and over even though they are at full hp.

I would love to be able to set commands for hirelings (guard, attack my target, attack freely, etc) but that may not be possible with current programming.

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 80
Rym~Wizard 34
Riym~Rogue 58

I’ve been thinking about this as well… like final fantasy 12 with the gambit system if I remember correctly

Never played FF12 (or any FF game), so not sure about details, but the idea is the same.

I was actually thinking of the original Dungeon Siege game by Microsoft and thier hireling commands.

One could set them for when to attack(my target, freely, only when attacked, guarding-which only attacks those attacking you, or never-for healer type hires). Also set them for what to attack(strongest enemy, weakest enemy, closest enemy, furtherest enemy). And how far to move while attacking(stand ground, stay close-about 10yrds, freely).

Of course, that game program was built from the ground up to enable those commands.

Evolution or Extinction

Ryim~Rogue 99
RyimScaith~Warrior 80
Rym~Wizard 34
Riym~Rogue 58

+1 on this… We need more intelligent hirelings.
This is the reason why my hire is always my warrior. Just for tanking purposes.

hope there would be more intelligent enemies (boss)

one that would make my spine shiver as i fight my way to get their head :laughing:

Hah, you should really play Dragon Age (original one, second edition is rubbish)

Auto-Counter Attack setting seems a nice idea!

Actually, better Hireling AI Control is on the list of to-do’s :smile:

Not sure which patch it will come in, but it’s planned!

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Actually, better Hireling AI Control is on the list of to-do’s :smile:

Not sure which patch it will come in, but it’s planned![/quote]
Yay!!! does happy dance [emoji5] [emoji1]

Evolution or Extinxtion

Ryim 99 Rogue
RyimScaith 81 Warrior
Rym 61 Wizard
Riym 58 Rogue

[quote=“SteigerBox”]Actually, better Hireling AI Control is on the list of to-do’s :smile:

Not sure which patch it will come in, but it’s planned![/quote]
Yay!!! does happy dance [emoji5] [emoji1]

Evolution or Extinxtion

Ryim 99 Rogue
RyimScaith 81 Warrior
Rym 61 Wizard
Riym 58 Rogue

Better yet, get the wiz to actually stay still and attack.