How to get Mirror Image for wizard

I’m sure this has been discussed before, but I swear I searched for the answer and couldn’t find it. How do I convert a mirror to a wizard item for mirror image? I jasper’ed an Illusion but it turned into a shield and lost the mirror image ability. What is the proper way to do it?

You have to Amber your Wizards OH.

So, I use a wizard off-hand item? Must a rogue be the character to amber it? And is only one skill changed with amber, or both?

Amber changes the Special on an item. So yes, use the item that you want Mirror Image on. You will get a list of random specials to pick from. It might take a few tries though.

Thanks for the information. So, since it seems I get to keep the normal skill on my offhand item, I’m chosing between summon and skullshield. I’m using elementalist talents, so the two skills from which i’m chosing will just be at their base level. However, I think i’m misunderstanding their function. Summon is supposed to increase movement speed and attack speed by 50%, but when I equip/use the item which has it, my stats don’t change. Does the bonus apply only to the summoned monsters? Also, skullshield states that it summons a skull turret which fires at nearby enemies, but when I use the skill, i just get three floating heads…are they somehow protecting me, as the skill name suggests?

I have mirror image in my wizard, thanks to a legendary goblin with trickster. But it will be easier to jasper a rogue weapon, or jewel, with trickster on it instead of ambering your weapon. That way, with every command\skulldra cast you will get a mirror image. I use command lvl 33 and I can gather up to three mirror images by casting it.

By the way, summon increases your summon’s stats (including mirror images), not your, unless you are using a synergy hat. Skullshield lowers damage and shoots to any enemy. Since both summon and skullshield are available in talent form (reclaim & recall), go with a tome (the void tome is pretty good), command is more useful than skulldra.

But, I can amber my wiz weapon to mirror image AND have trickster, correct? So I get multiple mirror images when i initially cast it from my offhand special, right?

[quote=“McEna”]By the way, summon increases your summon’s stats (including mirror images), not your, unless you are using a synergy hat. Skullshield lowers damage and shoots to any enemy. Since both summon and skullshield are available in talent form (reclaim & recall), go with a tome (the void tome is pretty good), command is more useful than skulldra.[/quote] I’m using an elemental storm wizard build, and was planning to use fester (assuming it prolongs the length of storm) and thus I wont have reclaim or recall. Otherwise, I’m considering using Mastery to reduce the mirror image cooldown as much as possible. Or would that not work?

Also, I’m assuming that affixes like Mirage, Deception, or Illusion on items jasper’ed to wizard don’t work, right?

Yeah, you can do both trickster and mirror. But without illusion, you’ll get only one extra mirror image per cast.
Recall or reclaim can be added as affixes, and mastery definitively would work. I’m using a summoner\elementalist hybrid, and the command cooldown is more than enough, so I imagine adding mastery would be great. And finally, when you jasper some item, all the class-specific affixes are replaced by others belonging to the new class. Set affixes remain untouched. There are a chackram, a ring, an amulet and a hat with trickster.

[quote=“McEna”]Yeah, you can do both trickster and mirror. But without illusion, you’ll get only one extra mirror image per cast.
Recall or reclaim can be added as affixes, and mastery definitively would work. I’m using a summoner\elementalist hybrid, and the command cooldown is more than enough, so I imagine adding mastery would be great. And finally, when you jasper some item, all the class-specific affixes are replaced by others belonging to the new class. Set affixes remain untouched. There are a chackram, a ring, an amulet and a hat with trickster.[/quote]
Are you absolutely sure? Cause I thought you could get up to 3 with special, trickster, and the rogue talent.

After that, it completely depends on the build you are aiming for.

I know, in fact my hireling is a mirror image rogue, but we are talking about a wizard. A rogue can get four at once with trickster, mirage and mirror image.

So if I have a item that has mirror image I would also need a trickster to use it? Say a pet known as jester that has trickster?

Mirror image proc will work even without trickster.

trickster is 20% Chance per rank to cast a Mirror Image when using Offhand Special

One other way to do mirror image is via oh special mirror image

1 Like

Gotcha. I just need to use Oh more to get it. Thx