IGNORE Resist or Weaken?

All mods are multiplicative so order does not matter. Also there is no such thing as “weakeness penalty” only Effective and Resistance/Immunity. If you use an Effective element, then it gets an Effective boost. If you use an element that the monster resists, then it is reduced.

Effective changes your element to whatever is Effective.

Weaken reduces Resistance to the point of a double negative and can amplify your DMG. (Affects Resistance calculations)

Ignore Resist bypasses Resistance completely. (Remove Resistance from all calculations)

Thank you for replying again.

So, now I finally understand that, against any kind of monster (even specials):

• the combo effective + weaken\ignore resist is good.
    Effective always provides a 25% dmg boost, whatever is the resistance.
    W \ IR increase dmg on their own.

Against players, instead:

• both effective and ignore resist don’t work (=wasted affixes on gear)
    Weaken should work normally.

You are correct. In a future update, I think it would be a good idea to rename “monster resist” and “ignore resist” to prevent confusion.

Add also that info about “Effective”, please.

So if a legend pet has the affix Weaken, it is useless on a toon who’s gear already has Ignore Resist? And I should use it on another character?

Dungeon Quest should add something like a Pet Shop/ Salon vendor or special crystal or ability or something in a next patch, that allows player to change a pet affix for a big gold cost :grinning:

Soooo hard to kill a zillion Enslavers and not get best affixes

1 Like

You just got to be lucky :wink:

anyways, in relation to this topic. Does ignore resist have effects on "immune " enemies?

1 Like

Question: ignore resist
Chance 100%…ignore all resist…
Or chance 50%…ignore…
Or x%…
Tks, sory my English

ignore resist, about thr weaken you need to max it to be equal at ignore resist