Is there an Advantage or Disadvantage to Going Straight to the Cartographer or Dungeon Boss?

Hi All,

Beyond escaping Skyfall, is there any advantage or disadvantage to taking out the big boss right off?
In an earlier level, it seemed that once that guy was killed, there were less monsters, thus less loot/gold to be earned after killing the big guy. I’ve tried to avoid him while doing the rest of the floor, but sometimes, killing him sooner is more efficient to covering the map. I just want to know if I’m losing opportunities for kills (and the accompanying loot) by taking him out sooner.

Speaking purely from experience, no.

Those other things you have posted might have just been placebo.

skyfall effects end with the cartographer dying so clearing a skyfall map is easier done that way, provided that you don’t go one shotted by the accumulated mobs that you passed around :laughing:

I do know that Skyfall stops with Cartographer’s death, that was why I said “Beyond escaping Skyfall.” I just wasn’t sure if the perception that it got easier was real, or as it was, as stated above “placebo” (i like the way you put it). I think placebo is accurate, as once I know that guy is out of the way, I know the sure hard one is gone, then it’s just the random Enslaver or other boss to deal with.

Thanks for both your answers

But be aware! Sometimes when you’ve killed the cartographer and die after the cartographer is dead, skyfall will begin again and can’t be stopped on the current map.

Sometimes it starts again even without dieing.
I could not get a pattern for that, but most of times it’s when I fight a rare or epic monster.

On any map, there are three and a half objectives:

• carto
  • two shrines (Hunter ring <3)
  • enslaver

the most efficient way for farming is getting to these objectives asap as if it was a skyfall map;)

[quote=“dancemusiconly”]On any map, there are three and a half objectives:

• carto
  • enslaver

the most efficient way for farming is getting to these objectives asap as if it was a skyfall map;)[/quote]

Did I not ask to keep my epic farming techniques a secret??? XD

[quote=“Clogon”]
Did I not ask to keep my epic farming techniques a secret??? XD[/quote]
No, you asked me to and I have done as you asked.

You take things a bit too literal. =P

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“dancemusiconly”]On any map, there are three and a half objectives:

• carto
  • enslaver

the most efficient way for farming is getting to these objectives asap as if it was a skyfall map;)[/quote]

Did I not ask to keep my epic farming techniques a secret??? XD[/quote]

lol, i’d better give away your farming technique than mine;) oh, wait, my guide… /need to finish it/

[color=#00BFFF]Well nothing to bad as a disadvantage besides less EXP and GOLD and LOOT from the other enemies, the advantage would be if the current floor/map your in is low quality then you could rush to the cartographer for a chance at a Better Map or even a chance at a Legendary Map! (Amazing)[/color]

legendary maps are obtained through completing feats (25 maps collected, 200 cartographers killed) - it’s not a random drop;))

legendary maps are obtained through completing feats (25 maps collected, 200 cartographers killed) - it’s not a random drop;))[/quote]
[color=#FFBF00]Could have sworn I got it as a drop by killing cartographer before but maybe I just completed the kill 200 cartographers feat :laughing: [/color]

legendary maps are obtained through completing feats (25 maps collected, 200 cartographers killed) - it’s not a random drop;))[/quote]
[color=#FFBF00]Could have sworn I got it as a drop by killing cartographer before but maybe I just completed the kill 200 cartographers feat :laughing: [/color][/quote]

+1. In my experience. But it is very very rare.

Once I got one from the carto AND another from the 100 carto feat at the same time!

You can get it as a random drop. It is as rare as any other legend except you only get 1 per map and it is unaffected by luck…

You can get it as a random drop. It is as rare as any other legend except you only get 1 per map and it is unaffected by luck…[/quote]
Quick off-topic question – who tells you all this stuff? You haven’t been playing so long that you would know practically everything in the game from a normal standpoint.

[quote=“Ircher”]
Quick off-topic question – who tells you all this stuff? You haven’t been playing so long that you would know practically everything in the game from a normal standpoint.[/quote]

No one, I am just very experienced at testing games and figuring out game mechanics. Being trained to have good attention to details help too. Unlike most players, when I see something strange, I make very very detailed notes of it (you can see from my Mechanics threads). Then, from there, I test out how it works. The experiments requires anywhere from a few seconds to an hour for me to get the data I need.

Things like legend map being unaffected by luck required a month of tracking. I tracked every map that dropped just like how I tracked how many legends it took for me to get an Eternal or Crytal Legend. Basically, keep track of all the information the game gives you and use it to decipher the game.

For really really obscure stuff, I shoot the devs a PM and sometimes they will have the time to answer.

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“Ircher”]
Quick off-topic question – who tells you all this stuff? You haven’t been playing so long that you would know practically everything in the game from a normal standpoint.[/quote]

No one, I am just very experienced at testing games and figuring out game mechanics. Being trained to have good attention to details help too. Unlike most players, when I see something strange, I make very very detailed notes of it (you can see from my Mechanics threads). Then, from there, I test out how it works. The experiments requires anywhere from a few seconds to an hour for me to get the data I need.

Things like legend map being unaffected by luck required a month of tracking. I tracked every map that dropped just like how I tracked how many legends it took for me to get an Eternal or Crytal Legend. Basically, keep track of all the information the game gives you and use it to decipher the game.

For really really obscure stuff, I shoot the devs a PM and sometimes they will have the time to answer.[/quote]

No offense, Clogon :smile: