Item Pick Up Setting

In options, I have Pick Up set to Epic+ most of the time. My pet is an Imp which “Picks up normal and unused loot and converts to rarer items.”

Sometimes the graphics still show my toon picking up items which do not show up in my inventory. I assume these items are Rare and lower.

But, it also seems like there aren’t nearly as many spawns of items below my Pick Up setting level (i.e. if l have Pick Up set to Epic+, there doesn’t seem to be as many Normal, Magic, or Rare drops).

First, is the item spawn rate affected by the Pick Up setting?

Second, has anyone else experience items seemingly being picked up, but not showing up in your inventory (the item picked up text is not displayed, either)?

Finally, if an Imp is not used and items are not picked up (including runes, crystals, and such), do they eventually disappear?

Thanks.

1. Imo, the spawn rate isn’t affected by the pick up setting.

2. Being picked up by you or the imp? Because when the imp picks stuff up, it won’t get in your inventory, he’ll convert it later to a (rarer) item as you said.

As I noticed, items won’t dissappear, even when they lie on the ground for minutes.

[quote=“Floox”]2. Being picked up by you or the imp? Because when the imp picks stuff up, it won’t get in your inventory, he’ll convert it later to a (rarer) item as you said. [/quote][quote=“Trasd”]Sometimes the graphics still show my toon picking up items which do not show up in my inventory. I assume these items are Rare and lower.
Second, has anyone else experience items seemingly being picked up, but not showing up in your inventory (the item picked up text is not displayed, either)?[/quote]
My toon, not my Imp.

Thanks again.

Hmm, maybe your inventory is full?
/jk

It may be an bug, mate. Idk about that since I haven’t occurred it yet.

I’ve seen this before too… Cyan colored items dropping and I pick it up but no message and nothing in inventory… Always get excited thinking its a crystal item

it is maybe a CS stacking with any other items.
since CS has a small size and the other item (helmet maybe) cover it, but not the cyan glow.
I saw this one too, and I used it to troll my brother to make him think that it is a Crystal item.
is this cyan colored item dropped from carto chest?
sometimes items on carto chest are so many yet they pile up on one same place.

it is maybe a CS stacking with any other items.
since CS has a small size and the other item (helmet maybe) cover it, but not the cyan glow.
I saw this one too, and I used it to troll my brother to make him think that it is a Crystal item.
is this cyan colored item dropped from carto chest?
sometimes items on carto chest are so many yet they pile up on one same place.[/quote]
But the ground is empty after this happens. If it’s just a matter of items or stacks covering, there would still be items on the ground after. Or, did I misunderstand the explanation?