Its becoming its own patch notes

just reposting just the suggestions here as the other topic is starting to pile up into separated posts (no more first post edit?)

meanwhile im gonna keep the discussions over there.

I am very serious when I’m going to say that this game can become a offline competitor against the online only diablo immortal. that game is not even a loot based game anymore, its just a better version of bladebound where you choose an item type, continuously improve that item and reforge affixes (affixes which most likely have no unique interaction that changes mechanics that promotes creative builds)

• some rebalancing suggestions?

• enemy at very high floors

• * rescale HP (so players will not eventually drop their creative build in favor of crushing blow)
        (the higher up i go the more i conclude that enemy HP is fine as it is, and all that is needed is a better optimized DPS build)
        (BUT crushing blow/flames is still a major problem as it nullifies builds / destroys difficulties / and even if the devs add a boss with an HP amount as 10 times the total of zimbabwe dollars, crushing blow will still delete that boss in a few seconds)

• rescale DMG rescale elite Red and Purple DMG
        (so apparently enemy HP isnt much of a problem but enemies capable of deleting players are, this is just artificial difficulty at play)

• enemy affix thorns
      (this is a thorn in my side, if not for my high regen to counter it at a certain point of my HP)
      this affix needs an internal cooldown of 0.15 sec to prevent insta rips on fast attacks

• new enemy affix that bypasses a portion of player block and dodge

• (player dodge is 80 - enemy bypass dodge is 30% = actual player dodge is 54)
      • (80 - 30% = 54)
  • new crystals?

• changes the off hand weapon types (works with eternals)

• rare crystal that adds +1 to item level above 100

• should slightly help as floors keep getting higher and higher but player strength at that point has already stopped
      • also currently the base AR and weapon dmg isnt even that high per item lvl
      • this new level is added separately (ex. ilvl 100 + 2) that way when a player uses ascension even if that item lvl is already 200 they can still use it at 50
  • Mythic

• new mythic offhand affix?

• epic affix values are increased by 50%
        (a lot of the epic values are kindof left off in favor or other build enabling or very powerful affixes)
    • new mythic affix?

• changes heroic skill in hero page with what skill the player has equipped on his/her weapons
        (ex. player with hammer has the primary and special main hand skills of ‘smash’ and ‘whirlingblades’, the skills on the hero page swaps the ‘earthshatter’ with ‘whirlingblades’)
    • Mythic affixes that give more bonuses to Stats Health / Mana / Power per invested point
      “only 1 Stat Change system effect will be active at a time”
      ex.

• skills below CD of 2 sec gain 150 base DMG per point of MANA
      • Crit Chance is uncapped when you have at least 100 HEALTH
      • gain 1% total AR per point of HEALTH
  • affix

• set bonus for Off-Hand trap/skull/horn
      • +100% total damage
        but resource cost deals damage to you (counts as a hit)
        and deadly strikes is 0 (cant combine this with a deadly art / deadly strike / brutal build)
    • set bonus that guarantees 100% chance Extra Attack(s)
      • but Blead dmg is set to 1
    • affixes that benefits Double Strike investments?
      • currently an eternal affix with just 1 investment on +200% elemental dmg or a +100% push the limit can give more dps than a +50% double strike (as statistically 50% chance of +100% dmg is just 50% more dmg and in order to +100% dmg it requires 2 eternal investment)
      • but it might be worth it if there are affixes that proc or gives something special during a Double Strike hit
    • new affixes that focus on weapons that has high base attack speed? (that wont benefit high base dmg weapons)
  • new legendaries that rolls 2 random set affixes?

• for eternals, just keep purchasing them at codex till you get set that you want
    • can roll class exclusive sets but not the rest that the sets the Amethyst cant roll
  • change the warrior talent Frenzy into a 6 second buff?

• change Mindful talent into a 6 sec buff?

• change Blessed talent bonus requirement from flat armor only → the entire overall armor?

• i was doing an experiment where i wanted to be tanky with high armor and high elemental resist (not relying on the 3 dmg reduction this game has, which is defiant / pathfinder / deadly art).
    • but apparently Blessed bonus only works on the flat armor not counting any % increases to it, resulting it not so high elemental resist boost that could easily obtain via Cyan Affix
  • Celerity Talent might need some changes to benefit Chakram Whirlingblades build

• because a patch remove interaction with Rogue Talent Celerity with Whirlingblades
      there is currenly nothing on the Chest talent that benifits a Whirlingblades build anymore
      (im not saying to revert the changes but add something to benefit WhirlingBlades)
  • buff Deadeye Rogue Talent from 1% → 1.25%?

• its affix (deadeye max +10) is currently no different from the Deadly Strike affix (+10%) and even the Cyan version is a much better choice with +30
  • less new ring, amulet, helm legendaries and more off-hand and armor

• ring, amulet, and helm slots have a lot of competition on choosing what to wear already
  • PVE test dummy

• a pve test dummy that has 0 def of any kind
  • legendaries and above shown as a red dot on the map

• from time to time I try to back track around the map in case i somehow not pickup a legendary during clearing maps
  • hide filtered loot from ground

• the loot not usually picked up eventually starts to pile up causing fps slowdown
  • ascendant bonus

• this bonus needs a buff or rework, the existence of weaken crystal affix makes this into a waste of slot
  • campaign leaderboard cleanup?

• every two weeks the campaign leaderboard automatically deletes anyone who is inactive from game (this gets rid of the cheaters taking up the rankings that are permanently up in place)
  • make max lvl and hero lvl to 100 instead of 99?

• one of the skill rank is 19 while the rest is 20…
  • nerf affixes with flat values for pvp (HP / MP / Elemental DMG)?

• as for Elemental DMG
      • easy solution, swap the formula ((ED% + ED+) → (ED+ + ED%)), and nerf the flat value
        the result of this, would be a balancing act of using flat and % values, too much flat or too much % will result in less optimized dps compared to the ones that balances both % and flat
      • this will also make the stat be useful in both PVE and PVP, not just one or the other.
  • buff Explosion Affix from 5% → 10%?
    a separate value for skills with the proc chance of 10% for skills with AVG Target Hits below 2, and 5% for skills with AVG Target Hits above 2

• new perk or maybe replace Dealer?

• experienced climber
      • increases the chance of Map Drops being legendary
      • legendary map drop affixes are now randomized but only the good affixes
        • Pack size, more Elites enemies, more Rares enemies, more Magic enemies, on top of the current affix found on legendary
9 Likes

Up up

4 Likes

Where the fudge you get this idea? Are you born with 200 IQ? Like it’s brilliant idea :exploding_head:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing some of these in a future Patch update, while some of the ideas were Patched out for balance. the rest is up for discussion.

he must have done a lot of work studying DQ to come up with all of this. :+1: @Slifner .

3 Likes

Without a doubt many of these well thought out. :smile: :+1:

He’s correct about the FPS drop as more items pile up hidden from view. The one thing not a part of occlusion culling like the graphics not being rendered from behind/out of camera view. Even more of an issue with shadows settings as the Item Shadows also get rendered, whether it’s low or Ultra High. Exception to this are Volcano maps where shadows aren’t rendered at all and therefore, easier to run.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s easy to run but there are some instances that in the Ignis map or Act IV is so dark maybe because it’s night time that even the light colored vanity can’t see the way out easily even I looked at the reveal map that sometimes I may struck in curved design of the map itself. Sorry for my bad grammar. I hope you get the point

2 Likes

ive been dabbling with Unity for the past couple of months ToxicHate Studios

this game is made with unity right? devs could just create a script that disables mesh render.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s Unity. The new game does but not this one.

It is NOT Unity.

The tech we used to make DQ is one of the main reasons it is so difficult for us to update the game. The tools are no longer supported and have not been updated in several years. Google, Apple, and Amazon change their App Store requirements regularly.

While engines like Unity 3d handle this with no problem, we have to jump through crazy amounts of hoops to get the old tools to function properly to get an updated version of the game to run.

4 Likes

@tdaniel that is so sad to hear. I would like to hope DQ lasts a long time, it’s so fun! but it sounds like technology will pass it by eventually. hopefully, DQ2 will be around to play by then.

3 Likes

:eyes:. :+1:!

3 Likes