Lots of general farming / build / 1.7 update questions

Hello everyone,

I have a few questions:

1. I haven’t updated yet to 1.7. I saw my build was nerfed so I just stayed with the previous version. My question is: when do you think it will be beneficial for me to update?

a) When I get to 99 with my main and hireling?
b) When I start farming cristals? I saw there was a variance fix on cs and ms. Does that variance fix make it so rarer cristals drop more often?
c) When I got tons of gears and cs / ms and want to go for the items you create with the sockets and ms? Can’t remember the name of those but their color is pinkish / purple.
d) When I have tons of hero points?
d) Never?
e) Right now?
f) Something else?

I’m obviously trying to improve my farming time. I see there are feats in 1.7, are they useful. Should I update so taht I can do those?

If that helps, I play with the skull in off hand as my main attack, with one item popping summons when I kill ennemies and another one inreasing the number of summons allowed to 15 or so. So basically, if I update I lose the triple skull spell skulldraga if I remember right and I won’t have a 15 summon pack for free anymore, it will be limited to 3.

1. For a mage to get + item affix, I need to jasper a rogue item right? I did it on one so far but was wondering for the rest.

3a) I saw Nadroji was great so I farmed and got one, the ring. I don’t understand which affix is supposed to be amazing on it and why? The + skills, the + talents or the + set number? I got it with magnify, what affix would be better and was crystal do I need to change that? Is magnify what you guys call a set affix?

3b) What changes can I see with an item that has -3% quality or whatever the smallest is and +3%?

1. I got lucky and dropped one of the cristal that adds a cristal affix. Should I put it on my Nadroji? Should I wait?

2. What are the best cristal affixes in your opinion? Same question for the purple items that are made with socketed ms: which ones should I go for?

3. I don’t understand people that farm on EP8? In what situation is that more efficient than a smaller EP? From what I can tell, the luck % increases so little compared to the mob HP increase that unless you one shot them it’s pointless to farm beyond EP 2 or 2, am I missing something?

4. I don’t know if that a very known trick but I found out by myself that you can change a yellow map to an orange one by using the crystal that adds random affixes (and make hard maps easier with diamonds) is that still possible when I updated to 1.7?

5. I saw in the legendex that an item was dropping at floor 300. What does that mean?

6. Can an item have more than one set affix? Can it have more than one crystal affix?

Anyways, thanks a lot for your answers and great game!

1. There’s no harm in updating now. If you think you’re gonna have trouble fighting enemies, then lower the EP and just farm as usual. And if you have enough crystals and mythstones, then you can customize your gear to whatever you like.

2. You can also get Item Drop (a legend affix) through Ruby crystal.

3a) Nadroji’s doesn’t have set affix, the +2 Set affix is the great thing about it which increases the set numbers (ex. Blood Magic).

3b) Weapon damage and armor

1. Wait.

2. Depends on what you want on your gear and what build your aiming for. :smile:

3. Better drops (I think :unamused: )

4. Yes

5. It’s Cataclysm ring, can only be find beyond floor 300

6. No

[quote=“Ender”]Hello everyone,

I have a few questions:

1) I haven’t updated yet to 1.7. I saw my build was nerfed so I just stayed with the previous version. My question is: when do you think it will be beneficial for me to update?

a) When I get to 99 with my main and hireling?
b) When I start farming cristals? I saw there was a variance fix on cs and ms. Does that variance fix make it so rarer cristals drop more often?
c) When I got tons of gears and cs / ms and want to go for the items you create with the sockets and ms? Can’t remember the name of those but their color is pinkish / purple.
d) When I have tons of hero points?
d) Never?
e) Right now?
f) Something else?

I’m obviously trying to improve my farming time. I see there are feats in 1.7, are they useful. Should I update so taht I can do those?

If that helps, I play with the skull in off hand as my main attack, with one item popping summons when I kill ennemies and another one inreasing the number of summons allowed to 15 or so. So basically, if I update I lose the triple skull spell skulldraga if I remember right and I won’t have a 15 summon pack for free anymore, it will be limited to 3.

1. For a mage to get + item affix, I need to jasper a rogue item right? I did it on one so far but was wondering for the rest.

3a) I saw Nadroji was great so I farmed and got one, the ring. I don’t understand which affix is supposed to be amazing on it and why? The + skills, the + talents or the + set number? I got it with magnify, what affix would be better and was crystal do I need to change that? Is magnify what you guys call a set affix?

3b) What changes can I see with an item that has -3% quality or whatever the smallest is and +3%?

1. I got lucky and dropped one of the cristal that adds a cristal affix. Should I put it on my Nadroji? Should I wait?

2. What are the best cristal affixes in your opinion? Same question for the purple items that are made with socketed ms: which ones should I go for?

3. I don’t understand people that farm on EP8? In what situation is that more efficient than a smaller EP? From what I can tell, the luck % increases so little compared to the mob HP increase that unless you one shot them it’s pointless to farm beyond EP 2 or 2, am I missing something?

4. I don’t know if that a very known trick but I found out by myself that you can change a yellow map to an orange one by using the crystal that adds random affixes (and make hard maps easier with diamonds) is that still possible when I updated to 1.7?

5. I saw in the legendex that an item was dropping at floor 300. What does that mean?

6. Can an item have more than one set affix? Can it have more than one crystal affix?

Anyways, thanks a lot for your answers and great game![/quote]

Really bad opening :unamused: admitting to cheating by gaining an advantage over everyone else by not updating.
I wouldn’t expect much help, unless the Christmas spirit has kicked in with some players.

I suggest you update your game, and start a fresh with the forum community, perhaps they may forgive you :wink:

Hey, thanks a lot for your answer!

Yeah I know I can update and still play the game, I just wanna do that when it’s gonna make me lose the least time. It is for sure that if I just consider the nerf in my build I need to wait unless there are other features in 1.7 that make it a must to update.

For examples, the fix on variance does it make easier to get rare ms and cs than before?

Like you say I can just farm on lower floors or EP, but if I can avoid that why not?

Thanks again for your help and whil I was talking to you I dropped a ms that ads + 40% item drop so I guess there’s that too haha! What is the cap on +item?

200% and u can get also the steiger fortune sword for wizard, it haves +item quantity (i dont remember the other items for wizard xD)

1. many of the play style and changes made in 1.7 , and this latest version is obviously more harder than before, if u are full ready and looking for the challenge, u will love it! Hahaha, anyway, u can play with ur current version with ur cmfortable style until lv99, or play till u bored, then upgrade to 1.7, then a new life waiting for u xD

2. no much experience on jasper equipment, i just know there are many item with built-in +% item drop originally.

3. nadolji is good because of the +set +skill +talent, which only avaibale on ring and amulet, and these 3 + affix mostly best use if u going for the end game stat and equipment, as for u now still fighting for lv99, ur equipment and stat will not beneficial much from nadolji (due to mostly random equipment u using)

• Set affix is the affix with green in colour, only max 1 set affix per item.
  • Quality % will have effect on ur weapon’s damage, armor’s def, and also the chance of reroll stat
  1. that is the bst crystal u can get from all these 20 types, u can use on the best item that u will stick like forever xD

2. there is no best affix in game, just the difference style u want for ur character.

3. when ur equipment is somehow geting stronger, u will notice there is no different in ep1 or ep3, u will still able to one hit ko all these monster, that the reason to increase ep, plus thehigher ep, the better drop u can get, and more satisfying ur killing urge! Haha

4. no comment on this, never try it before.

5. it mean the item only obtainable from floor 300 onward, if u want that item but u farm only below floor 300, u wont get the item forever

6. only one set affix per item, and also one crystal affix per item.

Hope that help

I’ll make this realllly easy. I had a summon wizard in 1.6 as well. I also only had up to about… the 13th crystal and mythstone. 3 days after 1.7 came out, I had 15 of every cs/ms. Now, both my toons are pimped out and I don’t think I can die… My wiz has 189k HP’s and a crap ton of armor. I still summon my 4 minions, sometimes, but I don’t regret updating. It’s foolish to wait a moment longer. And, like it was posted on a different thread, if your build gets nerfed…1) it needed it, and 2) adapt!

Darwin wasn’t wrong. Natural selection happens every day

+1 Agreed. Evolve or die :smiley:

+1 Agreed. Evolve or die :smiley:[/quote]

+1, reroll warrior or rogue. :wink: I kill things faster on ep8 as a warrior than ep1… found a nadrojis ring and many on one floor 102 ep8 yesterday. My map had +1300% luck, as well as my maxed out hireling luck and item drop.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

+1 Agreed. Evolve or die :smiley:[/quote]

+1, reroll warrior or rogue. :wink: I kill things faster on ep8 as a warrior than ep1… found a nadrojis ring and many on one floor 102 ep8 yesterday. My map had +1300% luck, as well as my maxed out hireling luck and item drop.

Thanks a lot for all the answers. Basically you guys all confirm that it’s incredibly easier to get HIGH LEVEL cs and ms if I update right? And that includes the crystal that gives crystal affix?

About the warrior / rogue thing, those classes are objectively stronger when you get to the end of the game? What about farming speed?

[quote=“Ender”]Thanks a lot for all the answers. Basically you guys all confirm that it’s incredibly easier to get HIGH LEVEL cs and ms if I update right? And that includes the crystal that gives crystal affix?

About the warrior / rogue thing, those classes are objectively stronger when you get to the end of the game? What about farming speed?[/quote]

With the new cs and ms feats yes, but you get more depending on the highest you currently have.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean? Basically, if I have high level cs and ms I will get even more of those but for the rest it’s the same? So the patch notes saying the variance has been tweeked doesn’t really make you drop higher quality cs / ms?

Can you get the rewards from those feats several times or only once?

Thanks

You complete feats over and over. Using crystals or mythstones gives you +2 to each type in your inventory.

That means you can then convert your highest crystal to the next highest one…(giving you one of each). Complete it again, you have 3 of each and can convert again…over and over till you have a crap ton of all of them.

Or stay in 1.6… Your call

evolve by updating to 1.7…
or
stay in 1.6 and rot!!! :laughing: