Maintaining challenge map progress

Hey guys so I am at floor 237 and I want to make sure that I am doing this the best way and understand this right.

Challenge map floor 200 and before: Navigate to the regular floor, load it up, and buy a challenge map.

Challenge map floor 201 and beyond: It is on the player to buy and store challenge maps to save progress. If I accidently vendor or otherwise lose the maps, I would have to start at 200 again. Also, since changing difficulty on challenge maps is not an option, progress forks into a different path for each difficulty; if a player wanted to have a mythic 3 difficulty path and a mythic 2 path, he or she would need to maintain the current map for each.

Also, assuming my understanding is right, this seems like a pretty substantial burden on the player in order to simply maintain progress and takes focus away from the game; over 50 floors the risk of losing a map accidently is small but over 1000 floors it seems like it would be substantially higher. Is this by design? Are there any plans to add a menu structure structure similar to regular floors?

Thanks for any responses and I have to say I absolutely love the game guys. Nearly 3 99s!

[quote=“koenan”]Hey guys so I am at floor 237 and I want to make sure that I am doing this the best way and understand this right.

Challenge map floor 200 and before: Navigate to the regular floor, load it up, and buy a challenge map.

Challenge map floor 201 and beyond: It is on the player to buy and store challenge maps to save progress. If I accidently vendor or otherwise lose the maps, I would have to start at 200 again. Also, since changing difficulty on challenge maps is not an option, progress forks into a different path for each difficulty; if a player wanted to have a mythic 3 difficulty path and a mythic 2 path, he or she would need to maintain the current map for each.

Also if my understanding is right, this seems like a tremendous amount of effort and risk; over 50 floors the risk of losing a map accidently is small but over 1000 floors it seems like it would be substantially higher.

So thanks for any responses and I have to say I absolutely love the game guys.[/quote]

With the feat collecting 25 maps, you get a feat reward of legendary map. So technically you get a normal map and the legendary map, put one in storage, and use the other, so at worse you only lose 25 floors :wink:
If you have to use the one in storage, just make sure the first thing you do is a buy a back up map.

Me personally I like to stockpile the legendary maps, once I have a bag full, I use them all up in one play session, as you complete each legendary floor, you will also get a map from each cartographer, so you can either sell or keep the higher floor ones as back up.

Thanks Jester! I was editing my post when you replied (you were too fast for me!):

Also, assuming my understanding is right, this seems like a pretty substantial burden on the player in order to simply maintain progress and takes focus away from the game; over 50 floors the risk of losing a map accidently is small but over 1000 floors it seems like it would be substantially higher. Is this by design? Are there any plans to add a menu structure structure similar to regular floors?

Improvements to the system would certainly be welcomed. Maybe someday it will be a lot easier, maybe not though. Who knows for sure. :smile:

Can confirm that we intend to make improvements :smile:

Can confirm that we intend to make improvements :smile:[/quote]

Awesome! I was just seeking how you guys felt about it – not trying to knock the game or anything. I am sure there are much more pressing issues! I am guilty of pretty sloppy inventory management so I will welcome any future changes with open arms:) In the meantime I guess I am forced to just pay attention!

Thanks again for the responses!

Another thing… you may also want to refrain from using maps unless you are certain to finish it in one sitting. Well, if real life calls you may also rush to the Cartographer ASAP :laughing:

Nah… if you want to quit a floor buy a random map from the merchant, its the same floor as the one currently on. I usually buy a back up map every 10 floors. With the old ones I Larimar for pack size maps.
as for map difficulty, if you want a diff difficulty for the floor 200+ map you’re holding, enter the game on floor 1-200 on the difficulty you want to play. On opening the map inside that floor, the difficulty switches on the floor 200+ to your preset from the floor 1-200 map you’re coming from i believe.

[quote=“Stryder”]Nah… if you want to quit a floor buy a random map from the merchant, its the same floor as the one currently on. I usually buy a back up map every 10 floors. With the old ones I Larimar for pack size maps.
as for map difficulty, if you want a diff difficulty for the floor 200+ map you’re holding, enter the game on floor 1-200 on the difficulty you want to play. On opening the map inside that floor, the difficulty switches on the floor 200+ to your preset from the floor 1-200 map you’re coming from i believe.[/quote]
Wow, that seems complicated. I wish there was an easier way. :wink:

Yeah just accidently vendored a mythic 3 map for floor 250 while attempting to maintain both a mythic 1 and 3 set of challenge maps after floor 200. Looks like i have to start over on mythic 3 progress ugh.

Packsize seems essential too. EP5+ should have a decent packsize boost as well :laughing:

Me too :wink: