Map 1020, can’t kill Legendaries

When you climb high floors you need weapon switches. Keep a stack of different weapons in your bags in case you get a tough boss

3 Likes

So I got the Hailfire legendary wand drop and started playing around with affixes and got lucky with a legendary IGNORE RESIST affix. Now this wand has 128% less dps than the wand I was using (!!!) but I thought I’d give it a try. I gotta say it cuts through the shrine bosses really well, even the mythics. So I’m learning it’s not always about dps.

I’ll definitely keep my other wand and I’ve started collecting different gear with different elements for when I run into something new.

1 Like

that is what makes Ignore Resist and Elemental Weaken so good. IR makes monsters resists useless, so they don’t take reduced damage from Elemental attacks. EW gives a chance to reduce the monsters resistance by the same percentage as the chance to reduce them, and if you go over 100% (200% cap) they actually take more damage. IR takes up 1 space, and with a 90% Crystal Weaken and a 30% Epic Weaken, you take up 2 spaces to have all attacks do 120% lowering of the monsters resistance. just don’t use them together, as IR makes using EW useless, and so end up being a waste of slots.

2 Likes

Oh wow, thanks golem. I didn’t even think about the extra slot I have now since I don’t need the weakness crystal anymore.

Maybe I’ll use it for movement speed (I wish!)

This game gets more and more interesting the more I play.

Edited to add: wait, does IR mean I can go with any elemental build I want now? Like if I want to go full crushing flames or full ice I don’t need to worry about resists? If so, this game just got REAL interesting…

1 Like

You’re right @Quewbism. You can go with any element with IR.

@Quewbism hope this helps. Ignore Resist and Elemental Weaken do the same thing. . . they help you get past monsters resistances. they just do it differently and you can’t use them together.

1 Like

When I started i just liked making builds as you learn the game. Then I wanted to try the builds of others to learn more. I wanted to climb floors. So I used the crushing flames build @CuzegSpiked. Very good hireling for a very luck and item find main character. I stopped climbing after mythic 3 1300. But crushing flames is a good idea

1 Like

In saying I stopped climbing I mean I decided to stop and do speed runs on lower floors

1 Like

Map1020 is good. But you can get anything you want at 1000. Why make life harder?

1 Like

@Golem
@dickwad
@perseusdoge
@deathGG
@CuzegSpiked
@MeRk

I am currently on floor 3017 and I am having some BUGS in relation to the legendary MOBS … I have an excellent damage but they never die …

PS: They do not have regeneration of HP

Agradeço desde ja

Me ajudem!

They will die but it takes ages. I suggest changes in weapons or even just quit the map. That’s what I do :smiling_imp:

1 Like

kkkkkkkkkk, obrigado!

if the map has Heal affix, that can make the Epic, Legend, and Mythic monsters harder to kill. maximum is 5% heal for all monsters on the map. at floor 3,000+, Legend and Mythic monsters have so much HP that the 5% heal means they are healing more HP than you can damage when their HP gets around 1% to 10%. at even higher floors, even 1% Heal can be a problem. it is like when a monster has Thorns and causes you damage, but you have enough heal that when your HP gets low, you are healing faster than Thorns is damaging you.
basically, Monsters have the Leach Affix, which is like the players HP on Hit affix. but at high floors, monsters start one hitting you. you can see if a monster has this affix when you are fighting them. the Heal affix from the Map is Regeneration of 1% to 5% of their max HP, and you only see it listed on the map, not on the monster when you are fighting it. I recently had to give up on a map with Heal while fighting a Mythic monster around floor 985 M3, so I feel your pain.

2 Likes

@Golem explains things so well. But yes, sometimes you have to know when to give up on a map. I gave up on floors 1300

1 Like

NA VERDADE DESISTI DE VARIOS ATÉ AGORA :frowning:

in that case, it could be a bug. just put in a bug report in the report bug thread.

I’m up to map 1508 and the heal maps do seem buggy. Sometimes I just open my inventory and the monster dies for no reason. Sometimes I go kill other things then come back and kill it easily. Sometimes I just try different equipment combinations. Sometimes I stop attacking for a few seconds then attack it and it dies. Sometimes I just give up. What seems to work best is to pull them apart and fight them one-by-one but sometimes that doesn’t work either.

I check my Codex progress to see what will be spawning on the map before I open it. If there’s a legendary Enslaver or a mythic shrine monster about to spawn and I have a map with heal on it, I’ll buy another map rather than risk not being able to kill them.

2 Likes

@Quewbism good tips

Heal isn’t a problem for me on lower floors, but it is on my list of affixes to avoid at higher floors. I didn’t think I would get a Mythic monster when I decided to let Heal stay on the map. poor, poor me. :sob:

You can spend 30 minutes on a high map and drop crap. Is it worth it ?