MH dps

So i was reading about best weapon affixes for DPS and i found this :

I get the 200%WD part, but I’m confused about the 300%ED. ED stands for elemental dmg, right? But how am i supposed to reach such high numbers?

1 Like

Element damage just does that but you can increase the damage. With ice weapons you could add epic freeze to freeze your opponent. But add legend frustrating which is a 100 percent freeze chance then you do more damage. To get frostbiting to work you need elemental critical to get frostbiting to happen. It increases the chances. Weapon damage is just weapon damage.

1 Like

Another example. Say you had lots of bleed damage on a character but zero bleed chance then zero bleed chance equals zero bleed damage.

1 Like

I’m aware of elmcrit increasing my dmg, i just wanted to know the best possible combination of stats for pure MH DPS (just the numbers) . And when i found that post i was confused about 300% ED, that’s all.

And i wanted to change 1 of my stats on my MH.


1 Like

Change weapon to element damage, change % weapon damage to % Element damage then add element critical chance.

1 Like

There are no weapon critical chances .

1 Like

Is there any Meaning in getting high elmcrit chance? Since I’m using this for PVE i can proc poison cloud comfortably with only 30%

I’m trying to think here okay. Let’s say the national lottery is billions. But if you don’t take the chance and play the lottery you get nothing. It’s like saying I don’t play the lottery and so I don’t take the chance and miraculously I may win it.

1 Like

1 Like

And i have a question, does normal crit affect the dmg of poison cloud?
And i get why i should have high chance, but 30% seems enough for pve (especially when there’s so many enemies)

To start with. A 30 percent chance of critical chance means a 70% chance of no extra extra damage. So 7 out of 10 times it’s weak. But if you had 100 % critical chance then every attack you make would be devastating.

1 Like

Wait, is toxic increasing the chance to spawn the poison cloud or is it just a crit chance of the poison cloud?

1 Like

There’s no harm in adding element damage to weapon damage. :grinning:

1 Like

Toxic is like frostbiting. You need the poison critical chance for it to happen. If your just playing pve you can get away with 30% provided you have haste but in pvp you get problems.

1 Like

ED%: Legend Elemental Damage can not be rolled with Crystals, only found on Legend/Eternal Items. the max value is +100%, +200% if on an Eternal Item. 6 Legend Items with ED% can get up to +600% ED. 6 Eternal Items with ED% can get up to +1200% ED.

DPS: not everything that increases DMG increases DPS on the Stat Page. like Frostbiting increases damage to anything trapped by Freeze, but it doesn’t show up as part of the DPS.

WD%: the lower damage weapons might do better with WD+, but when you start increasing Item Quality and Power, WD% is better. if your weapon is doing 5k dmg or less, then WD+ is the way to go, but over 5k dmg, WD% is better. if you have the space, then use both.

is this an Ascending Build?, you only need to kill monsters around floor 100-110. experience from monsters stops going up at floor 100. you should only go to higher floors if you are trying to get a certain item for a better build.

High Elemental Crit Chance: I read a post that explained why having this too high is not a good idea. depending of the Build, 50%-60% is good for Low Attack Frequency Skills, and 30%-40% is good for High Attack Frequency Skills. a Build with 2 or more Procs would probably be ok with 30%-40%.

Crit Chance, DMG, & ED: DoT DMG from Fire, Poison, & Bleed are based on the Attack DMG that hit the enemy. so if the attack is a critical hit, then the DoT is based on the DMG from the critical hit. also, the DoT can cause a critical hit (I think) so that one tick of DoT would be even more DMG. DoT can also cause Crushing Blow if you have that.

Elemental Crit: this is a chance to cause Freeze, Toxic, Orbit, Paralyze, Immolate.

Elemental Crit DMG: this causes your Elemental Crit to do more DMG (Toxic is not like Frostbiting @dickwad). Frostbiting (+100% DMG to enemies frozen by Freeze), Blight (Increases Toxic DoT DMG +100%), Celestial (Increases DMG of Orbit +100%), High Voltage (+100% DMG to Paralyzed enemies), Blistering (+100% Bleed DMG to Immolated enemies). you can roll these with Ruby. you can get these up to +600%. if you find 6 Eternal Items with Elemental Crit DMG, you can get these up to +1200%.

Attack Frequency: using Attack Speed or Cool Down, you can increase how fast a Skill can be cast. but some Skills, like Orb, hit 4 times a second. if you put Skill Points into some, but not all, of these Skills, they can actually attack more than 4 times a second. Orb gets +1% Attack Frequency per Rank and attacks 10 times a second. so Wizards can get Orb 40 that

maybe replace the +4059 WD with +10 Whirlwind, if you haven’t got it up to Whirlwind 40 yet. that would be better than putting a +20% ED, and +ED gives the same DMG as +WD, which we are taking out. you can’t use Ruby to put +100% ED, so Whirlwind +10 is your best bet. if your Whirlwind is already at 40, then put in an Endow Myth Stone for +50% more WD, and if you can’t put a Socket on the item, then go with the +20% ED (Poison).

1 Like