Motion Sickness

Hi, I have a little trouble playing this game for more than 30min sometimes as a skullshield / fire build. This game could use some tweaking for ease on the eyes, atleast for me. Sometimes the rooms are pure black which is a huge bother i cant find my way and then with the hard fire even on low settings it hurts my eyes. I would switch to poison as its easy on my eyes but crush flame only fire… furthermore those skulls on me and my hireling spinning non stop make me really dizzy. So i may suggest a few things:

-The skulls be inplace and not move around in circles. (optional?)
-Allow player to choose always day time in maps.
-Make a even lower effect option where fire would be just a small line like the ice is. ice u can barely see anything. (would also help see loot drops, sometimes i miss things with packed screen effect).

Maybe im wasting my time on this post as not many have motion sickness but its worth a try. thanks for your time.
oh and one more thing. making a account here is wow… not even my bank ask for more than 10 character and not repeated letters lol… this is just a forum hehe…

Motion-Sickness: this is good feedback and to be honest, not some we have gotten before. We will keep those suggestions in mind, but in the short term we would not be able to implement those changes in DQ.

As far as the password…you are right it is very strict. The company that creates the forum software we use sets those rules so not something we can ease up on.

Thanks for the honest feedback, we appreciate it!

Hmm… motion sickness or undiagnosed epilepsy? @Divinity go and see your doctor, tell him/her your symptoms . See what what is said. @tdaniel I suffer motion sickness so I cannot play 3d x box type games. No problem with dq. Makes me think that the person may be reacting to flashing images. Just an idea

1 Like

I would get motion sick from playing Half Life over 30-60 minutes, but didn’t have problems with other similar games. the only problem I have with DQ is falling asleep when I play late at night. :sleepy: :crescent_moon: :violin: :crossed_swords: :bed:
good advice @dickwad. better safe than sorry, if the symptoms continue.

1 Like

@dickwad thanks for trying to help but Photosensitive epilepsy is sure not even close to what i have lol. I never had seizures from flashing lights or have ever been to the doctor except for kidney stones. I get motion sick with 3D games so i play top down games like DQ. I also am sensitive to hard light . :

Photophobia, or light sensitivity, is an intolerance of light. Sources such as sunlight, fluorescent light and incandescent light all can cause discomfort, along with a need to squint or close your eyes. Headaches also may accompany light sensitivity. Light-sensitive people sometimes are bothered only by bright light. It can cause people to avoid sunlight, computers, fluorescent lights and car headlights.
“The result is that any standard light source, from headlights, to street lamps, sunlight, fluorescent lights, and fires, could cause you pain and discomfort.” anyway… it varies in levels of severity and what causes discomfort.

i have changed to plague build ( as the red was bothering) and focus on the map and not look at skulls and i can play ok now… also moved the lamp right in front of me.

But i still think they should make an option to make the game always day as for any normal person this can prolly be a bother pure dark rooms…

2 Likes

I was a nurse for 13 years before I decided on a career change. I guess old habits die hard for me.

1 Like