MrMaru - Rogue and Mage Combo Build with Gameplay Video

Gameplay Video:
[color=#0000FF]http://youtu.be/1eh6237ZxTY[/color]

Edit: Tweaks Hireling, has been converted to full tank build with 371.45M EHP, using a cyclone weapon.

The Mage - Hireling

As I progresses more into the game, the effectiveness and efficiency of clearing a floor has gradually decrease. This has led me to build another toon that can synergize with my main toon who I can bring along with. This has open up a whole new level of gaming experience with Dungeon Quest. I’m on almost Floor 800 EP 8 now and I’m sharing with you, one of the options that is viable for end game play. If you are looking at this build, I would assume you to have an advance understanding of the game’s mechanics. Thus, I would not be going down to the details of the basic fundamentals.

As the name suggests, Mage is the hireling - the support class, for this build.

Stats Wise - 299 Mana at level 99

The 6 Set Affixes Required are:

1. BloodMagic
  2. Rage
  3. Plague
  4. Cosmic Power
  5. SpellSword
  6. Permafrost

Optional: PathRider, Deadly Arts

Skills Wise - Comets, TimeWarp

Talents - Focus, Amplify, Astral, Empower

• TimeWarp is the key to the synergy here. Looking at the screenshot of my gears attached, I have included 3 x +25% TimeWarp Proc. The special skill of my Mage’ OH weapon has also been ambered to TimeWarp. Reason being, I wouldn’t be able to control the hireling and use TimeWarp as often as I wish. Therefore, TimeWarp has to be proc’ed as often as it should. The incremental damage that TimeWarp gives, is tremendous. So far, I’ve no problem hopping into the mana bracket with my main that my hireling activates.

That much being said about TimeWarp, the hireling has to have decent amount of surviving stats while adding on to the overall DPS of the duo. As such, looking at screenshot of the stats, that amount is fair to survive at Floor 800 EP8, dying occasionally to high % TNT Props and Bosses’ bombs. Damage wise, this toon is doing a ceiling of about 1.3B damage per Comet which is pretty decent but not there yet at this level of game play, and this is why we are going to the next post about The Rogue - Main, who will be doing the bulk of the damage.

Good to see you again.

This build is about The Main, Rogue who will be doing most of the killing.

There are many parameters in deciding what’s the best weapon type to use in terms of speed of killing. I’ve narrowed down to Bow Vs Chakram at least for auto attacking skills.

Chakram vs Bow - The absolute damage for Chakram is the highest among the 4 weapon types of Rogue. However, the additional set affixes / talent affixes required for the potentially fatal damage of Chakram could be used for others if Chakram is not used. (Eg Living Force, Periphery, Blindside Etc) If you are comparing, hit to hit, apple to apple, in the same specific situation and set up, Chakram’s damage win hands down. However, Bow will fill up the basket of apples faster, if that makes any sense, you get what I mean. The best thing about using a Bow, is the incremental piercing damage that Guideshot provides and the auto aim of the arrows that you will be depending on a lot when you are restricted by the parameters of the mana bracket, firing off your arrows and killing creeps on the other room that you are not even aware that they exist. Every bounce the arrows bounce off the creeps, the next 1 proves to be stronger. So, making use of the same point, maxing Explosion at 2000% makes perfect sense since the initial 5% chance has increased in correlation to the number of bounces per arrow.

These choices were made for this build:

Set affixes -

1. Rage
  2. Permafrost
  3. Cosmic Power
  4. Plague
  5. Momentum
  6. BloodMagic

Optional 7th: Pathrider, Trickster

Stats - 299 Mana

• I’m making use of Cosmic Power and +% MP for the survival stats required for end game play. Thus Mana is maxed instead of Power. The Max MP also plays a part in the damage output utilizing TimeWarp as the medium.

Talents - Fletcher, Veil, Propulsion, Dextrous

• The talent tree is not vital enough for this build to waste the 2 slots for + 4 talents each. 20 per talent is more than enough.

Skills - Guidedshot, Stealth

• 4 All Skills doesn’t apply to Stealth, I’m not sure why. As such, 4 x + 5 Guidedshots are used instead. Stealth is at level 20 and with 20 Veil, I’m on Stealth 90% of the time which is more than enough.

Special Skill of the OH weapon has been ambered to Stealth.

Gameplay:

Moving around at movement speed, in addition to Vault, you will be able to avoid most of the attacks. Not that they are fatal to you but, Stealth’ing right before a major brutal slaughter of a large group of creeps is essential because Stealth, is damage. You will be able to see one of the highest damage you have ever seen for this version by hopping into the mana bracket of your hireling, activating Stealth before firing off. Almost on Floor 800 EP 8, the catographer dies in about 1-2 seconds.

Feel free to post any suggestions or feedbacks.

I c u liked my build with vault timewarp and gudedshot and u took it 1 step forward. GJ

Very nice! Good work :smile:

That rogue build is just the one I want

What does time wrap exactly do. Please help me explain this clearly

How do you get the blue (crystal) weapon affix. I only have legend (red) on all my weapon? I really want to get weapon damage +. Everytime i reroll or change affix it give me something else

Use Obsidian, the last crystal.

Any projectile that passes though the time warp globe increases damage.

I have seen all your builds, and only have one question …

What is your trick to getting perfect rolls on all affix’s :wink: ?

[quote=“JesteR”]I have seen all your builds, and only have one question …

What is your trick to getting perfect rolls on all affix’s :wink: ?[/quote]

Hmm maybe i should come out with a guide on how to re-roll perfect gears.

But the rule of thumb is always do crystal affixe first.
If it’s not the 1 you want, just disenchant it and redo. Once you have got the desired crystal affixe, the key is to know how many legend affixes do you need, at the whole level. Restrict to 1-2 “tough to perfect roll” legend affixe per item, like frostbite and explosion. These have a wide range of % and the chance to perfect roll these affixes is lower than say maybe +2 skills, + 5 ArchMage. So once i have the crystal and legend affixes in, i would use diamonds to re-roll these. Before this, make sure that your item quality is 25 and at level 100. Proceed to a challenge map, rare or epic map will do. This is to boost your luck % as high as possible and do not hire a hireling. You do not want the luck % to average out between main and sub. Usually it takes about 50-500 diamonds to perfect roll an item with 1 crystal affixe and 2 legend affixe. Once the item is good, proceed to add in your sets, epic, mythstone etc. only roll epic affixes with fluorite. This might take a while to farm for the resources required but surely the gears will be perfectly rolled.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

[quote=“JesteR”]I have seen all your builds, and only have one question …

Prolly using U/D exploit or another version :laughing:

[quote=“Diieter”][quote=“JesteR”]I have seen all your builds, and only have one question …

Prolly using U/D exploit or another version :laughing:[/quote]

These are too outdated and mainstream, duplicate hack has made everything easier

[quote=“MrMaru”][quote=“Diieter”][quote=“JesteR”]I have seen all your builds, and only have one question …

These are too outdated and mainstream, duplicate hack has made everything easier[/quote]

I haven’t seen anything on this yet, mind sending me how this is done through PM? :smile:

These are too outdated and mainstream, duplicate hack has made everything easier[/quote]

I haven’t seen anything on this yet, mind sending me how this is done through PM? :smile:[/quote]

That is intended sacarsm against groundless accusation coming from your moderater.

Lol, alrighty. I’m just happy there isn’t another exploit that I need to hotfix. Carry on!

6 hrs of pure farming with max item find would prolly be enough to gather around 20+ stack of cs… :I
so yeah, reaching end game gear with proper farming equips would be an ease… :laughing: