Must admit

I must admit… 1.6.0 does not disappoint! I remember when I first started playing DQ and thought to myself how much untapped potential this game has and invested my first ever in app purchase to support the developers. I played pretty much non-stop to get my warrior and mage to level 99 and then spent many hours finding gear and slaving away at enchantments; to the point where I felt the system was too tedious since ultimately the reason to play a game is to actually PLAY it and try different builds instead of spending countless hours praying to the RNG gods. So I decided to take a long break but I would check on the forums almost every day to see what’s new and what’s being worked on and slowly but surely as the previews started rolling out I once again saw that glint from the gem that DQ is. Started playing right after the patch for ios 7 got implemented and I couldn’t be happier with the results. Now there is a reason to actually collect lots of gold with the how the Crystal and Mythstone system works and a renewed desire to grind and farm levels, not only to test my gear but to collect crystals and mythstones. DQ’s replay value just shot through the roof like I always anticipated it to be. And I couldn’t help but unlock the three additional slots to show my support even though the original three from the $9.99 special are plenty. To the developers of DQ, you guys did and fantastic job on this patch, more so than the release of the Rogue imo and even more so for being so responsive to the community and all our questions and issues.

My mini review of patch 1.6.0: The new Crystal and Mythstone system is quite intuitive. And to all those who have just started playing DQ recently or barely got to know the old enchantment system, know that despite the longer start-up of collecting the Crystals and Mythstones, the math is in favor of the new enchantment system. In the old system you’d have to spend HOURS & HOURS & HOURS & HOURS trying to enchantment and reroll your gear and its stats. With the new enchantment system you can kill two birds with one stone by not only hunting for Crystals and Mythstones but also gain gold and levels and it all comes together in a much more fulfilling manner than spending endless hours to finally get a reroll or enchantment you want. You’ve also got a lot more control of what goes on in your enchantments like Fluorite (8) which allows you the reroll ONE stat instead of murdering leisure time by searching for that perfect six stat roll. Also, with the ability to give equipments Legendary, Set, and Crystal affixes, the potential of gears just skyrocketed exponentially. To be fair both systems require a lot of time but grinding for items is a lot less boring than waiting for reroll (can’t count how many times I’ve fallen asleep trying to reroll :neutral_face: ).

Happily farming away,
(hence why this post was written at 2 AM after finishing calc hw :mrgreen: )
Cheers!! :smiley: :geek:

And that’s only the beginning, 1.7 is gonna be awesome too (heroic stats, mythic items, codex, feats), also will be 1.8 (social patch) and the pet patch (1.9?) :wink:

The game is gonna become more than a simple “smartphone game” :smile:

In patch 1.6, gold hacking would be meaningless. Everybody has the same chance here, and you can customize your set with unlimited possibilities.

But, of course, it will take time to do that. No pain, no gain, right? :smile:

[quote=“zzvilzz”]In patch 1.6, gold hacking would be meaningless. Everybody has the same chance here, and you can customize your set with unlimited possibilities.

But, of course, it will take time to do that. No pain, no gain, right? :smile:[/quote]
[emoji106]

Long hours of playing can farm more Crystals, Myth Stones and gold to each players who doesn’t cheat… plus it adds more numbers to ranks in leaderboards…

This post has greatly lifted our spirits, thank you :smile:

We knew that Crystals and some of the other 1.6.0 changes were going to cause a bit of backlash, but we feel that it’s more important to give the game long lasting systems, and heavily increase the amount of gear customization available to players.

It can be a bit of a jarring change, and change will almost always incite some sort of anger. What we could have done better is explain to players, in game, what was going on a bit better.

Going forward, we’ll be working on in game system communication a bit more, while also adding a lot of new content for players to enjoy at all levels of play ( from casual to hardcore ).

Thank you everyone for giving Crystals/Mythstones a shot, and with tweaking from feedback and bug fixing, we hope to make the system even better!

[quote=“SteigerBox”]This post has greatly lifted our spirits, thank you :smile:

We knew that Crystals and some of the other 1.6.0 changes were going to cause a bit of backlash, but we feel that it’s more important to give the game long lasting systems, and heavily increase the amount of gear customization available to players.

It can be a bit of a jarring change, and change will almost always incite some sort of anger. What we could have done better is explain to players, in game, what was going on a bit better.

Going forward, we’ll be working on in game system communication a bit more, while also adding a lot of new content for players to enjoy at all levels of play ( from casual to hardcore ).

Thank you everyone for giving Crystals/Mythstones a shot, and with tweaking from feedback and bug fixing, we hope to make the system even better![/quote]
[emoji106]

Cheers! More power to your team!

How do we lvl up Items now?

With Peridot

Thank you.

SteigerBox? I know your quite buso with the update but I still have questions about the Astral Summons…

[quote=“SteigerBox”]This post has greatly lifted our spirits, thank you :smile:

![/quote]

THIS!!! Thanks DQ community…as always you continue to amaze! Thanks for the continued support!!