Mutiny vs. Scipio

Everyone seems to talk about Vacuus Scipio as the best weapon, but since that WD% is added before +WD, and ED% is added after, shouldn’t Mutiny beat out Vacuus?

It depend on build i think, for example lohko, lohko is a pure damage build that should use vacuus and not mutiny, and blightbog should use mutiny for element.
sorry for bad english

Why? Isn’t damage damage? I would think that Mutiny would be better in 100% of situations, unless there is something I don’t understand about the damage formula.

DPS = ((((BWD * (1+WD%) * (1+WIQ))+WD) * (1+ED%))+ED)*AS

You have to remember that WD 100% and WD only affect the weapon it is on and ED 100% are only available on weapon, offhand and robe.

Now we can theorycraft.

Here are your options:

A) 1 WD 100% from weapon + 2 ED 100% from offhand and nadroji robe
B) 1 WD 100% from offhand + 2 ED 100% from weapon and nadroji robe
C) 3 ED 100% from weapon, offhand and nadroji robe

A is for those who mainly use weapon for their main damage skill
B is for those who mainly use offhand for their main damage skill
C will probably be good if you use both weapon and offhand skills for damage
Computations:
assuming no eternals, max quality, and WD 5000. we disregard ED and AS because they’re on the far side of the formula and are the same for all cases.

for A and B:
DPS = ((((BWD * (1+1) * (1+0.25))+5000) * (1+2))+ED) * AS
DPS = ((((BWD * 2 * 1.25 )+5000) * 3 )+ED) * AS
DPS = ((( (BWD * 2.5)+5000) * 3 )+ED) * AS
DPS = ( (BWD * 2.5 * 3) +(5000 * 3) +ED) * AS
DPS = ( (BWD * 7.5) + 15000 +ED) * AS

for C:
DPS = ((((BWD * (1) * (1+0.25))+5000) * (1+3))+ED) * AS
DPS = ((( (BWD * 1.25)+5000 ) * 4 )+ED) * AS
DPS = (( (BWD * 1.25 * 4)+(5000 * 4) )+ED) * AS
DPS = (( (BWD * 5) + 20000 )+ED) * AS

now we compare which would give better damage depending on the BWD
let BWD = x

7.5x + 15000 = 5x + 20000
2.5x = 5000
x = 2000

this means that as long as your BWD is greater than 2000, A or B from the 3 options above will give better DPS. now all you need to find is the BWD of the weapon and you’re set.

BWD = base weapon damage?

yup

Munity for me

Ah, I hadn’t factored in the possibility of other ED% affixes and their additive nature. Good call.

hi i have also that vacuus scipio bow, what crystal affixes and mythic should i put to make it a beast dmg? tnx in advance for replying

when choosing crystal affixes, you have to consider your build as a whole. make sure that the affixes work together. crystal crit damage affix is great on paper but it is no good if you don’t have a high crit chance.

try to check the Build Compendium to get a good idea on what affixes work great together.

as for mythics on weapon, it is a preference thing. some use them, some don’t. it’s kind of a trade. if you use a mythic, you will have to sacrifice an affix that could have increased the damage of you weapon skill

Okie ty