Need some help understanding DPS

I have a warrior equipped with an Epic Axe (item level 6) 266 DPS (HP 175 +5 total ar +10 crit dmg +2.5 dodge +1 extra attack.) When I look at a Legend Hammer Gelid Smasher (item level 14) 556 DPS (+22 fristbiting +75 reflect dmg and an empty socket) the little window on the lower left says DPS -68.6%.

I’m really confused about this now, is that window showing what will happen if the weapon is changed? Or does it show the equipped weapon versus the proposed weapon?

[quote=“cejmp”]I have a warrior equipped with an Epic Axe (item level 6) 266 DPS (HP 175 +5 total ar +10 crit dmg +2.5 dodge +1 extra attack.) When I look at a Legend Hammer Gelid Smasher (item level 14) 556 DPS (+22 fristbiting +75 reflect dmg and an empty socket) the little window on the lower left says DPS -68.6%.

I’m really confused about this now, is that window showing what will happen if the weapon is changed? Or does it show the equipped weapon versus the proposed weapon?[/quote]

Your char has 5 other equipments as well. Different affixes do different things. Read every single one of your affixes.