New classes, post idea's here or give feedback for others

With the arrival of Dungeon Quest 2.0 coming and as a long time veteran who is looking for some interesting things to stir up game play I’d really love to see more classes introduced. I think my favorite part about this game is theory crafting different unique builds for each class and then trying to get enough gear to make it happen. Adding classes would mean adding more sets and legendaries, which has implications of it’s own, but I will ignore that (mostly) for now.

To kick off the idea pool I’ll start with my suggestion:

Class: [size=150]Disciple[/size]

Reasoning: The game has the physical brute force fighter, the elemental magical wizard, and the sneaky and skillful rogue. Time to add the spiritual into the mix.

Mainhand weapons will be implements:
Examples:
[ul]
[li]Chalice
[list]
[]Ability 1: Ritual - Perform a ritual (quick animation) to summon the wrath of your chosen god upon nearby enemies. Direct hit on up to 3 nearby enemies.[/li]
[li]Ability 2: Blood Sacrifice - Cost: 50% current HP, your god is pleased with your sacrifice and deals damage = 600% weapon damage + HP sacrificed to nearby enemies (nova range). Heal 5% hp for each enemy killed.[/li][/ul][/
:m]
[li]The Bell
[ul]
[]Ability 1: Jingle Jangle - Fires a sonic projectile which hits enemies in a line for 100% weapon damage. Each consecutive use within 2 seconds increases damage of the ability by 10% (up to 50%)[/li]
[li]Ability 2: Summon Deity - An incarnation of your deity fights by your side for 10 seconds. 30 second cool down.[/li][/ul][/
[li]Shrunken Head
[ul]
[]Ability 1: Resurrect - Raise a fallen enemy from the dead to fight for you. Will target strongest enemies first. Raised enemies have their stats enhanced based on chosen deity.[/li]
[li]Ability 2: Summon Spirits - Call upon 3 spirits from the afterlife to join your fight. Spirits called depend on chosen Deity.[/li][/ul][/
[li]Cross
[ul]
[]Ability 1: Cleanse - Deals 200% weapon damage to nearby enemies. If the target is marked with divine wrath the damage is changed to 500%[/li]
[li]Ability 2: Prayer - Channeled ability - Nearby enemies are marked with divine wrath, which increases the damage they take. Channeling longer increases the power of divine wrath (starts at 10% additional damage up to 100% after 5 seconds). Prayer can trigger proc spells while channeling.[/li][/ul][/
:m][/list:u]

Offhand weapons will be Pacts to certain gods.
Pact god will change certain aspects of the main hand weapon. Ability 1 is not activated, but is the effect it has on mainhand attacks
Examples:
[ul]
[li]Dietter
[list]
[]Ability 1: Savior of Rome - Dietter will sometimes grace his champions with increased attack speed. (Adds chance on hit +15% attack speed (can go above cap))[/li]
[li]Ability 2: The Caesar - Dietter gives a thumbs down and you must now execute your opponent. Your next attack does 50% increased damage and 50% increased crit damage (can go above cap). 60 second cooldown (he doesn’t want to be bothered too much[/li][/ul][/
[li]Stieger
[ul]
[]Ability 1: Nerf Bat - Steiger will sometimes nerf an enemy into the ground. Immediately lowering their damage dealt, healing recieved, and max health[/li]
[li]Ability 2: The Creator - Steiger the wise forgives your sins. Healing you and granting you immunity to crowd control effects for 2 seconds[/li][/ul][/
[li]Clogon
[ul]
[]Ability 1: From the shadows - Your abilities have a chance to summon a rogue ally who performs a random attack and vanishes back to the shadows[/li]
[li]Ability 2: Rogue God - Clogon will prevent the next attack which would otherwise be fatal within the next 2[/li][/ul][/
[li]Lunix
[ul]
[]Ability 1: Hunter ring from backpack - Your hunter ring now works from your backpack[/li]
[li]Ability 2: Hired - Lunix is employed by shinybox to assist in implementing the new class. 5 year cool down.[/li][/ul][/
:m][/list:u]

Obviously, the last part was a joke, but I think if you read through this post you have an idea of what a new class might look like. Of course there would be a couple new sets to compliment the new mechanics and talents for the class. But all of that is more detailed than I intend to take this post. Let me know what you think of the disciple (minus the jokes) and if you have other suggestions, please post here

Edit:
Actually the last part is the best one… Lunix ftw… :smiley:

You made my day :laughing:

And what if this is added to the current classes as an specialization ? It would be so nice to see the Sisterhood of Clogon, the Knights of Diieter and the Sages of the Steigerbox…

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

@andrielley It’s Lunix not linux :smile:

@McEna This would be a cool mechanic, but that would be an additional huge mechanic to add and I really want to see a new class first :smile:

@Diieter you know which pact I would choose :wink:

[quote=“McEna”] It would be so nice to see the Sisterhood of Clogon, the Knights of Diieter and the Sages of the Steigerbox…

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I want this implemented asap!

Imagine Guilds named after them, im so gonna pick Diieters side haha

Sisterhood of Clogon

kek/10

Also hopping for guilds too :smile:

Love it, great class idea Lunix :smile:

If we could call this “Dream Crusher”, it’d be perfect :stuck_out_tongue:

Let’s get both! What if the OH of the disciple are support focused? The new AI system would make them super useful. And the god pact system could be a new skill button for every class.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Actually this is precisely what I had in mind when I was designing the class. For example there could be a set that gives all allied units a rank% chance to trigger your pact.

I was also thinking of the possibility of having a tanky disciple that could run up and start channeling prayer while you kill things from afar and get the bonus damage.

Also, this doesn’t apply to the support role, but I think in PvP it would be a really cool mechanic to have one of the pacts be a summon god ability, where the god comes and fights for you for a few seconds. Then when fighting a disciple you would have to time your CC for the summon god to stop it from killing you and win, and as the disciple you would have to try to bait out CC before using your summon god ability and not die.

blood sacrifice is far too powerful with blood magic.
summon deity does need to some kind of stat to be based on or its 10 second appearance just seems off.
prayer seem to make you look like a sitting duck with its channeling part.

[quote=“solkyro”]blood sacrifice is far too powerful with blood magic.
summon deity does need to some kind of stat to be based on or its 10 second appearance just seems off.
prayer seem to make you look like a sitting duck with its channeling part.[/quote]

I agree with all of these points, however, the intention was to give an idea for a possible new class, not necessarily make the class 100% balanced. All of these kinds of balance things would happen if the class was actually proposed as a feature for the game.

I would be glad to delve into balancing the class and more thoroughly hammering out the details IF it would actually be potential for being used in the game, however, it is just a suggestion/idea at this point :smile: I’d love for it to be more