Newbie at this game

Hi, I’m a new player at this game :C.

Just wondering if anyone could help me understand all the stuff on the forum (I’ve been looking around, and honestly I don’t really get much stuff)

First off, what are crystal weapons? Are they just normal weapons that have been maxed w/crystals?

Also, what happens when you slot the four mythstones required for a mythical into a weapon, does it lose all it’s previous stats and get new ones, or do you just get a new skill.

What’s the best way to get mythstones + crystals? Do they drop regularily @ the higher acts or something? (I’m right now lvl 41 on act 3 or 4 w/Mythic 1 difficulty)

I’m not exactly sure what I should be doing in this game, lol.

Thanks for any help in advance

Crystal weapons/items are items that have a crystal affix either from using an obsidian crystal which is the most rare crystal or randomly from a drop. A crystal affix is colored teal and has much higher rolls then epic affixes.

When you slot in the 4 mythstones it looks the exact same with the 4 sockets being filled, but changes the skill.

The best way of farming mythstones+crystals is a mix of luck/increased quantity on gear and how fast your clearing mobs.

For now you should just be working on getting to lvl 99.

Crystal weapons and all the other crystal items are “the next stage” after legendary… it goes Normal–>[color=#0000FF]Magic[/color]–>[color=#FFFF00]Rare[/color]–>[color=#FF8000]Epic[/color]–>[color=#FF0000]Legendary[/color]–>[color=#00FFFF]Crystal[/color]/[color=#00BF40]Eternal[/color]

When you add 4 MS in the right ordet to the item it gets an extra bonus (described in Codex). For Example you had an Epic Ring +4sockets +randomaffix1 +randomaffix2. After adding MS this ring will have 4 mythic bonuses from stones themselve and those 2 +randomaffixes. On top of that you will get an extra BONUS if all the MS are placed in the right order (runewords?)

At the moment i am “theorycrafting”. trying to find a dependency. Checking if higher random map levels drop higher CS in average. The best way is to practice “efficient farming”. Just kill as many monsters as you can and in the same time dont go too far ahead as efficient farming is efficient when you dont spend too much time on a single monster. + dont forget to buy crystals from the shop after you kill the cartographer or MapBoss.
reach lvl 99 first. Try not to spend CS and MS before you reach that. As you will need to use them on the best stuff…

Thanks for the answers!

So something came up and gave me a lot more free time than I had anticipated, so I played this game more than I would like to admit…

I managed to get to around level 88, get a lvl 83 crystal ascendent rod (-4% quality, bleh), and one obsidian crystal, as well as a lot of gold, mythstones, and crystals.

What should I do with all the stuff…

Should I just continue to grind to level 100?

Hold onto the crystals for now and continue leveling. Once your level 99 your gonna want to start either theorycrafting or searching up a build and working toward that. Id say you want minimum 4 obsidian per peice of gear before starting to craft (always remember to do quality/level first on the item then the first affix rolled should be a crystal affix so you can disenchant with diamond)

@load,lol can you explain to me what you justtyjust typed…

What do you mean do quality and level first? Can you change the quality / levels of your gear? Or do you mean to find good quality/gear levels.

Also, what is the first affix, the top one? JM not exactly clear on all this stuff… Sorry if the answers are obvious :c

[quote=“Indigo”]@load,lol can you explain to me what you justtyjust typed…

What do you mean do quality and level first? Can you change the quality / levels of your gear? Or do you mean to find good quality/gear levels.

Also, what is the first affix, the top one? JM not exactly clear on all this stuff… Sorry if the answers are obvious :c[/quote]

Upgrading quality of item is done using Emerald crystal.
Upgrading item level is done using Peridot crystal.

[quote=“JesteR”][quote=“Indigo”]@load,lol can you explain to me what you justtyjust typed…

Also, what is the first affix, the top one? JM not exactly clear on all this stuff… Sorry if the answers are obvious :c[/quote]

Upgrading quality of item is done using Emerald crystal.
Upgrading item level is done using Peridot crystal.[/quote]
Thanks!

I’ll probably post again when I get to lvl 99

Soo yeah, got to lvl 99

Found a ring true legend (not from the feat, I’ll get the feat true legend soon) that I don’t use since it doesn’t have storm process, which is my main source of damage atm

What should I start to do now?

I’m currently a wizard. I’m trying to focus on proc’ing storm on attack, which I think i have around 40% proc rate atm.

I also have a crystal ascendent rod, but I don’t use that since it’s inferior to my wand (I think?)

Also, how do I get more crystals of higher quality, such as the ones that improve quality by 1%, I’ve only found a total of 15 or so from all the time I’ve been playing… Do I need to be on a higher floor or something? (ATM in floor 160)

CRAaaaap, how do I resize :frowning:

Bump?

Size is fine! You could possible add storm proc using crystals

You prolly dont have a farm build.
Your build is not suitable for farming

I would suggest getting battle mage set and speed clear maps.
You can buy Maps in Store.
Item quantity will help u in the amount of crystal u getting.

Try doing in a difficulty whereby you can pretty much one shot monster.

-sir what crystal you can use to add Storm Proc?

@anygma You can use Ruby (The red one) to add Strom Proc. But you have to be lucky, probably won’t roll it with the first ruby, you apply.