Patch 1.9 - Leech Changes Preview

Contributed by DQ Testing Admin Clogon

With the introduction of many features in 1.9, game balance is one of the many things we will be reviewing. We are looking through all current and new affixes, 370 and counting. Some will only have numerical changes or bug fixes. Others will be reworked completely. In this article, we will be detailing the upcoming changes to Leech. Since it is such a widely used Affix, we hope this article will help you prepare for its upcoming changes.

Currently Leech brings up several problems due to how it scales. Since you leech based on the damage you deal, the affix is not so strong early game but becomes the undisputed king of late game healing. Coupled with the powerful Bloodmagic Set, late game players are able to fully heal by attacking without consequence. Due to its sheer power, it has become to the go to combination for almost every player. There is little need for thought or decision making in regards to character builds about including this combo. It even makes some people forget that this game has potions.

With 1.9, we will be replacing Leech with 2 different forms of Healing, “+HP on Hit” and “%HP on Hit”. “+HP on Hit” will give a specific amount of HP when you hit enemies, while “%HP on Hit” (Boon Mythstone) will heal a % of your HP. MP Leech will be replaced with similar affixes, but for MP of course. Any HP/MP Leech related affixes on your gear will be automatically converted to these new affixes.

Unlike the previous Leech, these new ones will not fit into all builds. You will have to choose which affix will meet your needs. When you only have low HP, a single HP on Hit Crystal affix recovers more than Boon’s % HP Heal. But with high enough HP, Boon’s % HP heal will eventually surpass the Crystal affix.

With these changes, hitting many enemies at once will give you similar benefits as before. While if you are only hitting single targets, the heal is not as strong. Hopefully, this will encourage players to kill mobs more efficiently while making bosses more challenging to beat.

Speaking of challenging opponents, another player will be the most difficult enemy you will face in 1.9. With these changes, Leech is not only more balanced in PVE but remains a viable option PVP. Overall damage will be scaled back to prevent evenly matched players from constantly being killed in 1 hit. With leech no longer dependent on damage, the affixes will provide enough sustain to prolong the fight but not enough to single-handedly make people immortal.

I know many players are dependent on leech for indefinite sustain. I hope this article will help you try out other ways to heal yourselves in preparation for 1.9. Please look forward to the upcoming changes to Regen and Potions to help you in your quest.

1 Like

Thanka for this i hope 1.9 will come out soon :wink:

Good work guys

Thanks for the news!

Depending on the extend of the changes, the maximum amount of affix slots per toon is going to grow?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No, but as stated in the post, there will be a lot of balance changes!

For newer players or players like me, this should result in zero change (unless you use bloodmagic).

yea, looks like blood magic may take a hit on this next patch.

Sounds fun and reasonable. I think build editing is needed. Looking forward to the regen stuff if it will be buff.

warrior’s prayer just got more effective :sunglasses:

Can you add an Item Changing near the skills?

Like in the Ragnarok where I can change my item from summoner to tank type?
So that I will not go to the inventory at all.

Thanks
Great Game… Wizard Here

Definitely off-topic, post your concerns here or in a separate thread.

[color=#00BFFF]Would be nice if Leech amount was based off of enemy Total HP or Total MP! EX: Enemy has Total of 100k HP and your Leech ability is 5% you would Leech 5,000 HP from the enemy. Then again this would be a bit over powered if you had high leech % which would wreck gameplay. Lol, forget this Post![/color]

[color=#FFBF00]I just looked further into this update and i’m very disappointed…
Turns out they are going to “balance” our damage dealt to enemies in update v1.9 meaning they are going to nurf our damage so much the game will become so much less fun… all this to balance arena gameplay… I don’t wanna stop doing millions of damage to enemies and one hit almost everything… this will likely cause many other players to start hacking the game just to bring the fun back into it in the future update. Sadly this will ruin the game.[/color]

[quote=“Wind Returns”][color=#FFBF00]
Turns out they are going to “balance” our damage dealt to enemies in update v1.9 meaning they are going to nurf our damage so much the game will become so much less fun…[/color][/quote]

Who the hell is feeding you this bullshit and why the fuck are you believing them? You keep talking as if you know what is going to happen.

One thing I will not stand for is misinforming the player base. Now tell me where the hell you heard these baseless accusations from so I can snip it off at its roots.

1 Like

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“Wind Returns”][color=#FFBF00]
Turns out they are going to “balance” our damage dealt to enemies in update v1.9 meaning they are going to nurf our damage so much the game will become so much less fun…[/color][/quote]

Who the hell is feeding you this bullshit and why the fuck are you believing them? You keep talking as if you know what is going to happen.

One thing I will not stand for is misinforming the player base. Now tell me where the hell you heard these baseless accusations from so I can snip it off at its roots.[/quote]
shinyboxgames.com/blog/2015/06/p … h-changes/

This is a website from shinyboxgames that I read it from.^

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“Wind Returns”][color=#FFBF00]

One thing I will not stand for is misinforming the player base. Now tell me where the hell you heard these baseless accusations from so I can snip it off at its roots.[/quote]

[color=#FFBF00]Also stop being a dick head to me about it, I read this very thoroughly and am assuming this is the solution. If I can’t do millions of damage to players then how is this going to work towards other players? In fact why not just multiply players health and Mana to “balance” them with the max damage players can do… rather then nurf players for the sake of PvP?[/color]

[quote=“Wind Returns”]

This is a website from shinyboxgames that I read it from.^[/quote]

That just means you misunderstood the article. It specifically says that damage is scaled for PVP and PVP only.

[quote=“Clogon”][quote=“Wind Returns”]

This is a website from shinyboxgames that I read it from.^[/quote]

That just means you misunderstood the article. It specifically says that damage is scaled for PVP and PVP only.[/quote]
[color=#FFBF00]Then what exactly happens to Dungeon Combat? Will I still do 10M damage on enemies? Or will this be reduced? Will the other players Health and Mana in the Arena “scale” up to the amount of damage we can do to enemies in dungeons? [/color]

You seem to know very little about computers. Unlike the mindless PVE, PVP requires a lot more processing power that not all mobile devices have. Bigger numbers = more processing power required.

Read the PVP faq for more information on PVP:

1 Like

You seem to know very little about computers. Unlike the mindless PVE, PVP requires a lot more processing power that not all mobile devices have. Bigger numbers = more processing power required.

Read the PVP faq for more information on PVP:

http://forums.dungeon-quest.com/t/faq-things-related-to-the-battle-arena/2300/1[/quote]

[color=#FFBF00]You seem to have a very low attention span. This post in no way answers any of my questions. Instead you give me a guide explaining in full depth PvP when only need a few answers. I don’t really see how keeping our current stat numbers in PvP would be any different then fighting in a normal dungeon, considering the opponents in PvP will be AI controlled just as if they programmed as a dungeon monster. By the way I was Insulted by your comment on my computer intelligence, good going. [/color]

Can we just wait for next patch before giving premature judgments.
I personally believe in the dq team that they will give proper and reasonable balancing on every part of the game pvp, pve and the normal grinding of dungeons.
So maybe we can just shut up and wait. :wink: